X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Mike Webster, former Steeler passes away

Mike Webster, the Hall of Fame center who helped the Pittsburgh Steelers win four Super Bowls, died Tuesday at age 50.

Webster died Allegheny General Hospital, hospital spokesman Dan Laurent said. The Pro Football Hall of Fame confirmed that Webster died early Tuesday morning of a heart attack.

Hall of Fame center Mike Webster died Sept. 24 of a heart attack, the Pro Football Hall of Fame released in a statement. He was 50.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• BigDoug
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

God Bless him...poor guy

Here's the downside of football...

He was diagnosed in 1999 as having brain damage caused by repeated head injuries during his career. His doctors said several concussions damaged his frontal lobe, causing cognitive dysfunction. The progressively worsening injury caused him to behave erratically, and Webster briefly was homeless, sleeping in bus stations several times when he could not find somewhere to stay.
    If anyone tells you Offensive Linemen aren't worth the millions they get now, just look at cases like this.

Comment

• Cntrygal
      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon
      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Jaded 7
        Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
        • Jul 2002

OMG! That's horrible, Big D. Those guys really do take one hell of a beating! God bless them all.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
        Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
        The only answer I found for all this hurt
        Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

Helmets are alot better now, but I doubt they're perfect
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

it's very unfortunate that a man so dominate in the NFL became so vulnerable to real life after football.webby didn't make the money that players do today.he pawned off his SUPER BOWL rings and everything to survive.50 years old is young.i guess THE GUY in the sky needed the greatest center in the NFL for his football team.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
            X