PDA

View Full Version : What will it take...

Phins054
09-24-2002, 10:15 AM
to beat the Bears???

How do you see this game going???

BledsoeRocks
09-24-2002, 10:19 AM
I think Bills win this one fairly easily. I see the team playing like they did against the Jets only not making the special teams goofs.
Bills 31-14

WHo the phins got this week?

Phins054
09-24-2002, 02:14 PM
We are at KC this week. I think we win, although KC did put up some points on NEs D.

If the Bears get their running game going early, I think you guys will be in trouble. You need the same game plan as last week. Jim Miller throwing the ball a plenty would be in your favor. I see this as a close game 24-28 Bears...Sorry:monte:

DraftBoy
09-24-2002, 02:58 PM
Bears lost last week to the saints, and there pass D is a big weakness. If im GW, I give the ball to Drew and tell him to sling it. Watch for Reed to have a monster game. The Bills need to be careful of Urlacher on a blitz. The Bears are gonna be bringing the heat alot in the game, but will probably be dropping at least one LB into coverage. Bills need to spread it out, and use all 4 of our WR's. Moulds, Price, Reed, and Rone. If we can do that and get Herny about 15-20 carries for posistive yardage we schould be ok. As for D we need to put about 8 in a box to stop the A-train. Pss D should be good since Robinson is recovering and White is yet to step up. Newman needs to pop Miller at least twice. He has a fumble tendency when hes hit. We shall see but im optimistic:
42-28 Bills

Patrick76777
09-24-2002, 03:00 PM
KC is a very tough place to play.....both the Bills and the fins got stuck going to, Denver, Minn, KC and GB.......4 of the toughest places to play. I'd be happy taking 2 of the 4.

don137
09-24-2002, 04:18 PM
I can't figure KC out. They play the Browns and Pats tough but then lose to Jacksonville at home. The Dolphins are the better team but you never know which Jeckyl and Hyde team will show up for KC. The Dolphins have been pretty consistent so far so it should be a great game and the Dolphins biggest test to date. A FD will decide this game

I am worried about A train running all over Buffalo. Since the Bears are on the road I can see them trying to run, run and run some more. They want to keep Buffalo's offense off the field. I can see a big game out of Coy Wire. Buffalo will put 8 guys in the box. In the end I see Jim Miller throwing a couple of interceptions. Since Chicago's D is so banged up I see Buffalo winning it by 10 points 34-24.

Creemoredrinker
09-24-2002, 04:46 PM
We will NOT be able to run the ball up the middle -- at least NOT early in the game -- but we may be able to run it wide by the 3rd quarter.

We will be able to throw the ball and I expect KG to work the TEs early. By the 2nd quarter, we will open up the passing game. By the 3rd, our WRs will be doing what they did in the first 3 games.

I expect our STs to continue their good play.

I expect that our Defense will be run against early in the game. As soon as we get a lead, the Bears will try to pass and the sacks will add up.

That's how I see it other than the fact that I will be seeing it on the 48 yard line high in the second bowl after 8 Creemores.

Phins054
09-24-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
KC is a very tough place to play.....both the Bills and the fins got stuck going to, Denver, Minn, KC and GB.......4 of the toughest places to play. I'd be happy taking 2 of the 4.

Agreed Patrick...I see us winning in KC, Minn, and possibly Denver. GB at home is probably the toughest place to play for anybody. Even though GB is not playing as well as I thought they would...I will still call this one as a loss, but we will see how things shape up closer to game time.

Drewpac
09-24-2002, 05:37 PM
This is gonna be an ugly game. This is Drew's first bad game and the offense has trouble punching it in down in the redzone. A-Train and Booker will cause us problems.

Bears 16
Bills 13

WCoastFin
09-24-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Drewpac
This is gonna be an ugly game. This is Drew's first bad game and the offense has trouble punching it in down in the redzone. A-Train and Booker will cause us problems.

Bears 16
Bills 13

very good possibility.

4thAndLong
09-24-2002, 07:10 PM
WCoastFin,

Have you ever made an un-biased assumption?

No

31-28 Bills, could go either way. Bears have some key injuries on D

WG
09-24-2002, 07:28 PM
Drew's gonna have a bad game, but I can't imagine that this will be it. Chicago has a fair, at best, pass D. Drew should have no trouble at all against it.

31-17 and here's why:

The only thing we have to fear is the A-Train unless Booker and Miller somehow hookup for 200 yards. Just put Clements on Booker and tell Watson to stay the heck away from him.

This will be the first game that the Bills go up first and early. The Bears won't be able to stop Drew and the WRs. They'll have to counter w/ running. Assuming our STs doesn't blow it and give the Bears starting position at midfield constantly, the Bears will have to earn it, even running. We'll be able to devote 7 or 8 guys to stopping the run.

Once we are up at the half, hopefully by 10 or more, we will continue to be a threat in the second half. At some point, Chicago will have to abandon the run most of the time approach and have to put it up. That's where/when we'll have them.

Chicago were pretenders last year as 10 of the 16 games they played were against horrible teams. Their three losses came against the best teams on their schedule. Their still good, but not that good. Unfortunately for them, they don't matchup well against us. Their pass D is a little too weak for our extensive passing game.

Unless Drew gets popped and hurt, or the line plays so poorly that he rarely has any time, I just don't see the Bears beating us at home. We'll be pumped and this game means a LOT more to us than it means to them.

We win and we're 2-2 and right back in the thick of things. If we lose, it pretty much ensures that we just won't win too many games this year.

BledsoeRocks
09-24-2002, 07:52 PM
I agree 100% with you WYs. Bears are getting way to much credit for beating up on bad teams last year. They are a GOOD team not a GREAT team as the media and some here seam to think.

BledsoeRocks
09-24-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Phins054

Agreed Patrick...I see us winning in KC, Minn, and possibly Denver. GB at home is probably the toughest place to play for anybody. Even though GB is not playing as well as I thought they would...I will still call this one as a loss, but we will see how things shape up closer to game time.

Phins...........I give the dolphins a better chance in GB than I do in Denver. GB was way overated and they have proved it with their play the first 3 games. They very easily could be 0-3.