X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddiehaskill
    • Sep 2003

The Dolphins in December

Besides from being cursed in December and the home field adavantage, why does everyone think that the Dolphins are going to get killed at Ralph Wilson Stadium in December? Jay Fiedler didn't play last year for one. Two, a cold snowy game means that its all about a running game and who the hell knows where we'll be in that category by then. Dont get me wrong. I hope we kick the S$&@ out of them but I just dont think it's wise to keep throwing around "wait till December" when for the past two years we've played our best Football in good weather where Bledsoe can unleash the passing fury. As Dave W. I would look forward to the game in December in Buffalo with ricky W and all. What do you think?
  • R. Rich
    • Apr 2003

Good point. Until we can run the ball and control the line of scrimmage, we really shouldn't think that game is 'in the bag'. I have to have faith that we will get it done though.

Comment

• Miami_Vice
      • Aug 2003

You guys could definitely win it will be a hard fought game just like last weeks. I think if we put pressure on Bleedsoe and if Jay just doesnt turn it over...it is ours for the taking.

Comment

• eddiehaskill
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Miami_Vice
        You guys could definitely win it will be a hard fought game just like last weeks. I think if we put pressure on Bleedsoe and if Jay just doesnt turn it over...it is ours for the taking.
        Well the same can be said for Bledsoe. If he doesn't throw and interception and neither does Henry, Morris, Burns, Maddox, or McGahee then it will be OURS for the taking!

Comment

• Miami_Vice
          • Aug 2003

Ah, good point :)

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
            New and Improved!!
            • Aug 2003

If we can't say "Wait till December!" what do you suggest we say? This is football, and a great rivalry. We've gotten the best of them on occasion, and they've got the best of us as well. December is our chance at redemption, and we're coming to play so I say: Just Wait till December!!
            Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Bufftp
              Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

ah, it is different to run 42 times in the wamth of miami than the 20 degrees of Buffalo in December.
              Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
              "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
              Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
              - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
              to be led by permanent ideals -
              that is what keeps a man patient
              when the world ignores him,
              and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Disgustipatex
                The King Troll himself(Formerly Piltdown Man)
                • Sep 2003

You could start talking about how Takeo Spikes will own Ricky, and wont get something in his eye(tears) this time?

"No TH, I aint got no younger hos for you, freak!"

Comment

• Disgustipatex
                  The King Troll himself(Formerly Piltdown Man)
                  • Sep 2003

Yeah, Bufftp..It's easier to run then. Because Ricky has evidently shown he is a poor runner in cold weather...

"No TH, I aint got no younger hos for you, freak!"

Comment

• R. Rich
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
                    If we can't say "Wait till December!" what do you suggest we say? This is football, and a great rivalry. We've gotten the best of them on occasion, and they've got the best of us as well. December is our chance at redemption, and we're coming to play so I say: Just Wait till December!!

I don't think it's wrong to be excited about the game. I too am thinking "wait until the December rematch". What I don't like to see is someone thinking that just because it's December and cold that we'll win the game. I want the Bills to win that game in the worst way, but I certainly don't think they've already won it because of the weather.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

The possibility of wacky winds can affect things. Crowd noise for better or worse has become a pretty big deal in the NFL in the past several years, also.

I can't say how much cold temperatures could affect things...the same temp for both.

I think the overriding factor may be if it is a "must" game for either or both.
                      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Jul 2003

1. No one passes better in wind and snow than Drew.

2. Our Run game WILL be better till then. (We will have Mcgahee probably for one.)

3. People tend to forget that Ricky got most of those yards on 2 carries. In the snow on a slippery surface......1 cut and its off to the races.....so I am not overly impressed with the 200+ yards last year. He had the advantage because HE knew where HE was going. Therefore when he made that cut on the slippery turf....the defenders wouldnt be able to react as fast.

4. Miami will be suck in Decmeber as always.

5. Dont tell me that the 12th man didnt have to do A LOT with that win on Sunday. Our fans are better and louder in the Ralph.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                          New and Improved!!
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by R. Rich

I don't think it's wrong to be excited about the game. I too am thinking "wait until the December rematch". What I don't like to see is someone thinking that just because it's December and cold that we'll win the game. I want the Bills to win that game in the worst way, but I certainly don't think they've already won it because of the weather.

We are in agreement. If someone thinks we're going to win simply b/c it is december, they've got another thing coming. We will win b/c of a variety of variables, I.E. Crowd, Home turf, more adaptable to adverse weather.
                          Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• PhinPhan1227
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
                            1. No one passes better in wind and snow than Drew.

2. Our Run game WILL be better till then. (We will have Mcgahee probably for one.)

3. People tend to forget that Ricky got most of those yards on 2 carries. In the snow on a slippery surface......1 cut and its off to the races.....so I am not overly impressed with the 200+ yards last year. He had the advantage because HE knew where HE was going. Therefore when he made that cut on the slippery turf....the defenders wouldnt be able to react as fast.

4. Miami will be suck in Decmeber as always.

5. Dont tell me that the 12th man didnt have to do A LOT with that win on Sunday. Our fans are better and louder in the Ralph.
                            12th man didn't help in '00 and '01.

Run-Ricky-Run!!!

Comment

• PhinPhan1227
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by eddiehaskill

Well the same can be said for Bledsoe. If he doesn't throw and interception and neither does Henry, Morris, Burns, Maddox, or McGahee then it will be OURS for the taking!
                              Lol...anybody who is going into week 4 trying to figure out which one of five RB's will be carrying the rock shouldn't be TOO cocky,

Run-Ricky-Run!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X