PDA

View Full Version : Satan Still in Slovakia

Rhett4NHL
09-26-2003, 11:59 AM
According to WNSA, Satan is still in Slovaki today unlike yesterday's reports by WGR that he would be in the States. Apparently, he's supposed to offer his counter proposal today. Let's hope that it's closer and Regier can get the details hammered out this weekend.

Myers57
09-26-2003, 12:06 PM
One step at a time is the way to get Satan signed.

pyrrhonist
09-26-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Rhett4NHL
Let's hope that it's closer and Regier can get the details hammered out this weekend.

Agreed. It'd be great news to start off next week with a "Satan signed" news article.

SkateZilla
09-26-2003, 02:23 PM
they Misled us when they said Satan was Going to Meet Reiger they meant Video Conferencing not him coming back to the states

alyson
09-26-2003, 04:30 PM
I keep checking the hockey news like every two hours looking to see if he signed yet. I hope it's soon!

Rhett4NHL
09-26-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by alyson
I keep checking the hockey news like every two hours looking to see if he signed yet. I hope it's soon!

You should start checking every two days or you might drive yourself crazy.

ILiveInHSBCArena
09-27-2003, 12:02 PM
whats this I head about getting Cu-jo for Satan? anyone know if it's ture?

Sabre Ally
09-27-2003, 05:15 PM
gawd, i hope not! we already have too many goalies as it is, plus why would we want Jo-Sieve?

SABURZFAN
09-27-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by ILiveInHSBCArena
whats this I head about getting Cu-jo for Satan? anyone know if it's ture?

there's no way in hell that we'll take on a contract like his even if we were in desparate need for a goalie.

ILiveInHSBCArena
09-27-2003, 06:01 PM
ok, good.... It sounded really stupid when I head it. I hate him as well

Don Cherry
09-27-2003, 06:05 PM
Detroit in my estimation will keep all 3 (Hasek, Cujo, Legace) for this run.

Think about it. Detroit won't trade Legace because he's their only Goalie of the future (post lockout)

Hasek and Cujo will both be retired most likely after the lockout, especially if thr Red Wings get the cup.

Detroit won't trade them to another wester division rival, leaving the Rangers, Toronto, or Philly the only candidates if they run into goalie trouble.

SABURZFAN
09-27-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Don Cherry
Detroit in my estimation will keep all 3 (Hasek, Cujo, Legace) for this run.

Think about it. Detroit won't trade Legace because he's their only Goalie of the future (post lockout)

Hasek and Cujo will both be retired most likely after the lockout, especially if thr Red Wings get the cup.

Detroit won't trade them to another wester division rival, leaving the Rangers, Toronto, or Philly the only candidates if they run into goalie trouble.

isn't that $16 million+ in goaltending for cujo and hasek?i don't think there will be enough ice time for either one of them.if legace is the future,where would he get his ice time?the minors???one of these guy will have to go sometime.one of them may go to a team for a brief stay before they get shipped to colorado.

Don Cherry
09-27-2003, 06:41 PM
There is no way Detroit will give Colorado a decent Goalie- might as well give them the cup now.

Is Hasek after a year off going to be any good? Is Cujo back in form or is he finished?

If an Eastern conference team needs a goalie, Cujo is gone. They won't trade him to an opponent they will have to face.

If one gets hurt, they are still in great shape. i don't see the urgency in getting rid of one of them If you are Detroit- they don't have Federov's salary anymore.

Plus, Teams like the Sabres have cheaper, younger options in goal, as well as some othrer teams with goalie depth.