PDA

View Full Version : Latest o Henry

Dozerdog
09-26-2003, 03:40 PM
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Though the Buffalo Bills remain optimistic that running back Travis Henry will be able to play in this Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles, the actual prospects are getting a bit dimmer.

Henry is still being listed as questionable for the game with torn rib cartilage. He did not participate in any practices this week, though the Bills were targeting him to work out on Friday. That did not happen.

"He feels better today than he did yesterday," said coach Gregg Williams. "But he wanted one more day."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1624138

RedEyE
09-26-2003, 04:01 PM
Not a good sign. I'm willing to bet Henry sits on Sunday. :shakeno:

fabolouspaul
09-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Everyday Williams said the same thing, "He feels better today than he did yesterday."

stuckincincy
09-26-2003, 04:32 PM
I'd be quite surprised if Henry plays with rib cartilage damage. Let alone movin' n jukin', a deep breath is enough to make one's eyes roll with that injury. Plenty of deep breathes in football.

This is disturbing. It effectively ended Andy Van Slyke's baseball career in Pgh.

RedEyE
09-26-2003, 04:52 PM
We should know something by tomorrow for sure. The Bills would be crazy to go into this game with only 1 RB on the roster.

The Bills have until 4:00 pm on Saturday to make a roster move and sign either Ken Simonton or Nick Maddox off the practice squad. Such a more (or lack thereof) would give us a good idea of what the plan is for Henry. Joe Burns remains in line to carry the load if Henry can't play or is limited. Stay tuned.

shadowfax
09-26-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
I'd be quite surprised if Henry plays with rib cartilage damage. Let alone movin' n jukin', a deep breath is enough to make one's eyes roll with that injury. Plenty of deep breathes in football.

This is disturbing. It effectively ended Andy Van Slyke's baseball career in Pgh.

wha? it's rib cartilege...the same issue that portis and holmes have. it heals. it's painful. but career threatening? you're nuts.

Dozerdog
09-26-2003, 05:07 PM
1) Baseball players are girls- other than Kirk Gibson (an ex football player) they won't lace them up if they have the sniffles

2) I'd worry about fumbling- he's less likely to tuck that rock against his chest- and w eknow his hands aren't the best