PDA

View Full Version : Eagles salary cap

Ron C.
09-27-2003, 08:00 AM
As of the start of the season, John Clayton reports that the Eagles are 7.616M under the cap. Only the inept Cardinals have more $$ available. The Eagles have looked terrible, albeit losing to TB and a previously embarrassed NE.

Here is a team that has made it to the NFC Championship game 2 years in a row. You would think that a team this close would at least spend their allotted money to push them over the top before the window of opprtunity closes. Andy Reid acts as both Head Coach and GM (actually Exec. VP of Football Operations). It looks like wearing many hats is not the way to go in today's NFL.

Some teams have no true GM, and we have TWO. :cheers:

:gobills:

Dozerdog
09-27-2003, 08:11 AM
On the flip side, the best GM's aren't the ones who spend cap money for spending's sake. And going into the preseason, no one could forsee all these injuries.

Who was out there to bring in? I'm not goingt o spend my cap space as a GM on guys like Chidi Ahanatou. TD held on to his, and got Lawyer Milloy out of the deal.

The leftover cap space will be used up- used to restructure contracts freeing up money when the better FA's are available.

Dozerdog
09-27-2003, 08:12 AM
The one dig you can make is they should have spent it to retain Hugh Douglass. But it was a value call- was he worth all that $$$$? I can't blame them because he hit incentives in the contract for becoming a FA.

You might blame them for signing him to a voidable deal- that's kind of silly. Didn't Modrak come up with that contract while he was with Philly?

venis2k1
09-27-2003, 01:15 PM
Hugh Douglass sucks, did you see JJ dominate him?