X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Some thoughts and numbers on Joe Burns

NOTES : Rushed for 1,941 yards and 24 touchdowns as a senior after gaining 2,006 yards and scoring 32 TDs as a junior. . . .

I forgot or maybe had never even known that Burns was as good a college runner as he was. those numbers are very impressive.

I read a couple things around to ease my mind about the kid, and i also realized this.. and i think this is an important factor...

Joe Burns play was enough to make Orlandis Gary a Lion.

I think we will be fine with him this weekend... and i would actually prefer that henry sit and heal up and get his head clear.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

However, If the Lions wanted to give us a 4th for Burns or Gary, my money is on TD giving them Burns.

I see burns on once in a blue moon on ESPN classics- I guess he had a huge game vs Florida State r something

Comment

• Brian Griese Rulz
      • Aug 2003

All I hope is that he don't fumble.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

just because the lions didnt offer a 4th for burns doesnt mean he is not as good or worthy of it..

gary was a nobody too before an injury occured to the starter.. he was actually drafted late as well, from georgia i believe.

burns could be every bit as good as gary. other teams just dont know it yet.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla *****
          • Jul 2002

i'd be satisfied just to see a :angry:ing running game. i hope Burns can get the job done.
          The worst thing to me about our loss to the fish was the "deer in the headlights" look on Drew's face all night long.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

he has always had that look when teams get a good rush on him. you can just feel the forced pass and interception on the horizon.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
              • Aug 2003

those are high school numbers he ran for like 1,165 yards his junior year and came out early in the draft and was undrafted he ran for 965 yards his sophmore year and is the 5 th leading rusher in georgia tech history

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmacla
                those are high school numbers he ran for like 1,165 yards his junior year and came out early in the draft and was undrafted he ran for 965 yards his sophmore year and is the 5 th leading rusher in georgia tech history
                ahhh.. thanks for the clarification... i was a bit confused on how a guy could rack up so many yards and go undrafted.. lol

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                  • Aug 2003

no problem I think the Bills wanted to put up his most impressive stats on the board
                  I think he is gonna have a big game tommorrow because the o-line and burns have something to prove

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

i hope so.. i had to start him on my fantasy team.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                      • Jul 2002

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with Burns. I remember noting last year, while watching him in a preseason game, how hard and fast he hit the hole and always got positive yardage.
                      My Band
                      daveviterna.com

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                        I think you will be pleasantly surprised with Burns. I remember noting last year, while watching him in a preseason game, how hard and fast he hit the hole and always got positive yardage.
                        Uh oh! Could Henry have another player to compete with? Wouldn't it be ironic and great if Burns gets over 100 yards tomorrow and looks soo much better than Henry has looked for the year.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                          New and Improved!!
                          • Aug 2003

Stranger things have happened
                          Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

I think Burns is a decent back. He has everything but speed. A RB's time in the 40 doesn't matter much it the midst of traffic within about 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Once a player breaks free from the traffic it starts to become a factor. Burns should get the tough yards that Buffalo needs out of it's running back especially after a dismal start. He is not going to outrun anyone but an Eddie Robinson type in the open field. I can live with that short term.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• timfromjersey
                              • Jul 2002

From what I saw of him last week, he looks quick to the holes only the O-line wasn't opening to many. Haven't been all year so far. Burns may be like many back-ups throughout the years in the NFL, he may just need some chances on the field to shine. Lets give him some time. At the least he might be an ideal back-up.

Comment

Working...
                              X