PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to this Offense????

ryjam282
09-28-2003, 02:01 PM
I have watched this long enough. We are absolutely brutal on offense. I mean, what is going on here? We have no protection for Drew, we can't run the ball. When something looks like it is going good, we have a stupid penalty or some kind of bonehead play like a fumble. What the heck is going on here? I mean, they suck right now and I know I am not the only one here who thinks this. What is it? Is it the playcalling? The blocking, or are we just not that good anymore? I think we are good enough but I need to know what everyone else thinks. This is really painful to watch as of late.

Ryan

ryjam282
09-28-2003, 03:30 PM
Absolutely terrible. I can't sit there and watch them, they just ruin my day. They didn't even give Burns much of a chance, what did he have like 8 carries. What a way to make a commitment to the run. We are like the Eagles were two weeks ago, no running and an offense in dissaray. I can't believe I watched this two weeks in a row. I am sorry, but with all the changes made this year, we are still at best an 8-8 team. I can't see any EASY wins on our schedule, we might very well lose to the Bengels next week too. I think we have to ditch Greg Williams and sign Lebeau now, that is the only thing left to do, I am sorry. I have seen it long enough....

Ryan

The Spaz
09-28-2003, 03:32 PM
No running game enough said!!!!!

Toxic
09-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
I have watched this long enough. We are absolutely brutal on offense. I mean, what is going on here? We have no protection for Drew, we can't run the ball. When something looks like it is going good, we have a stupid penalty or some kind of bonehead play like a fumble. What the heck is going on here? I mean, they suck right now and I know I am not the only one here who thinks this. What is it? Is it the playcalling? The blocking, or are we just not that good anymore? I think we are good enough but I need to know what everyone else thinks. This is really painful to watch as of late.

Ryan

What offense do you speak of??

T-ROCK
09-28-2003, 03:52 PM
NEWSFLASH!!!

You have NO running game... Teams have no reason to respect that you do, and pressure Bledsoe... Bledsoe has NEVER been able to handle pressure, and when a tream hasn't got a prayer when trying to run the ball it's QB is in for a long day...

SABURZFAN
09-28-2003, 03:52 PM
gilbride is a good place to start.3rd and 1 and we're throwing bombs to our TE.2nd and long,we're throwing screen passes to our TE.

Captain gameboy
09-28-2003, 04:37 PM
In my humble view, our offensive line is overated, and we don't adjust.
We allow countless up the middle blitzes withouot a countering strategy to slow them down.
Anyone ever heard of a screen pass?
Anyone ever heard of running five in one half?
That will slow them down.
Let the blitzes come up the middle and throw around them.
We are asking Bledsoe to do too much. The guy threw an increible game today, but we're asking too much.
We have to start screening to slow the linebackers down.

venis2k1
09-28-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by T-ROCK
NEWSFLASH!!!

You have NO running game... Teams have no reason to respect that you do, and pressure Bledsoe... Bledsoe has NEVER been able to handle pressure, and when a tream hasn't got a prayer when trying to run the ball it's QB is in for a long day...

to be fair, i think bledsoe threw it up thinking that he would get pass interferance, and the screen was a good call if someone would block. Its second and 15? the logic is just to get half of the yardage back.

labillbacker
09-28-2003, 04:52 PM
This is the most pathetic offense I have ever seen. We are now officially dead last in the NFL in rushing after todays game. Defenses now know all they have to do is blitz Drew, hurry his passes and game over. Our defense is on the field the entire game( just like Miami) and untill this offense finds a running game soon we're looking at 7-9 at best, after looking so dominant after 2 weeks. Now the Willis pick looks real good. Travis you better return real soon or it will be too late. Cincy just won and they're licking their chops just waiting to blitz Drew on every down. Our defense gets a B+ and our offense gets a D-.......By the way was it just me or did the ref's make sure Donavan and all his marketability didn't get off to an 0-3 start. There were 5-6 calls that went against the Bills that the league will be reviewing tomorrow....I guarantee it....

socalfan
09-28-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by labillbacker
...... Defenses now know all they have to do is blitz Drew, hurry his passes and game over. ......

They blits up the middle and one of two things happen.....we run into the blitz and get thrown for the loss, or they hurray Drew and bad passes are the result. It is a strategy every defense will us from here on out. Because the Bills cannot stop the blitz nor run the ball.

WCoastFin
09-28-2003, 05:21 PM
"What has happened to this Offense????"

like one of my boys over at finheaven said - "S.Madison $5 Mil. a year, P.Surtain $5 Mil a year, Buffalo Bills Offense PRICE~LESS!!!!"

;) :beers:

The Spaz
09-28-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

like one of my boys over at finheaven said - "S.Madison $5 Mil. a year, P.Surtain $5 Mil a year, Buffalo Bills Offense PRICE~LESS!!!!"

Tell me what has Price done it Atlanta? His a$$ wanted to be a number 1, well he got his wish now he can use all that money and pound down a few to take out his frustrations.

NoRing4U
09-28-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

:punk: