X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snow1989
    • Sep 2003

sad conclusions

Alright folks..guess I'll be one to step and call it like I think it is and open myself to whatever ridicule there is....being where I am for Uncle Sam I can't see too much of the games, but from following as best I can here's what I have....

1. Penalties: They're killing us...worse than in the past. Its a sign of an undisciplined team, something the coaches are responsible for correcting...obviously they're failing miserably.

2. The 'Hype': No, I'm not off the band-wagon by any means and the season isn't over..but we all bought into the first game and the simple truth is, we aren't yet the team we thought we were. Time to regroup and seriously 'circle the wagons'

3. Running game: Unless we find a decent answer we're screwed. One-dimensional won't do it, no matter what anyone thinks. Something needs to be done with the line.

4. Coaching: Simply, they just have to get smarter, or be gone...too many blown chances and bad decisions.

I still have faith we can win the division, but if everyone honestly looks at it, the simple fact is, we need to improve quite a bit yet....(figure I'll need my flak vest on after this)
    I've upped my standards...now up yours
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

our OL is sorry too.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Cntrygal
      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by snow1989
      Alright folks..guess I'll be one to step and call it like I think it is and open myself to whatever ridicule there is....being where I am for Uncle Sam I can't see too much of the games, but from following as best I can here's what I have....

1. Penalties: They're killing us...worse than in the past. Its a sign of an undisciplined team, something the coaches are responsible for correcting...obviously they're failing miserably.

2. The 'Hype': No, I'm not off the band-wagon by any means and the season isn't over..but we all bought into the first game and the simple truth is, we aren't yet the team we thought we were. Time to regroup and seriously 'circle the wagons'

3. Running game: Unless we find a decent answer we're screwed. One-dimensional won't do it, no matter what anyone thinks. Something needs to be done with the line.

4. Coaching: Simply, they just have to get smarter, or be gone...too many blown chances and bad decisions.

I still have faith we can win the division, but if everyone honestly looks at it, the simple fact is, we need to improve quite a bit yet....(figure I'll need my flak vest on after this)
      :2guns:

IMO, GOOD post.
      Originally posted by notacon
      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

2002 1400+ yards rushing and 4500+ passing! Does one player make that much difference? (Pucillo) (sp) or is this new line coach blocking scemes that bad or hard to learn?
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
          2002 1400+ yards rushing and 4500+ passing! Does one player make that much difference? (Pucillo) (sp) or is this new line coach blocking scemes that bad or hard to learn?
          Probably a combination of the two
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• R. Rich
            • Apr 2003

Good post, snow. You and I are in agreement that it's not over yet, but the team needs to address their problems and correct them.

Comment

• HenryRules
              • Jul 2002

I don't think you can blame the coaches for our penalties ... some if it is just bad players. Schoebel got two offsides penalties that were the result of lining up on the other team's side of the ball (one at the end of the game where he was late getting back and one in the 1st Q where he just lined up offside) ... with our horrible pass rush as is, we can't sit him, so tell me, what can a coach do?

Comment

Working...
              X