PDA

View Full Version : Dick LeBeau Promotion?

BAM
09-28-2003, 03:50 PM
How many games untill GW is fired and LeBeau is named new head coach?

I say 3 max.

:scratch:

Greg Williams is not a good coach for our team.

:down:

Not sure how much better Dick would be, but I think it's definiately be an upgrade. Even when we won, Greg made a few bonehead calls. :stick:

ultimatefinfan
09-28-2003, 03:52 PM
first he was a hero, then his team was beat by and underachieving dolphins team and an underachieving eagles team, u guys are talking about GW as if he was DAve Bumstedt....seriously man chill, too early in the season for that...

SABURZFAN
09-28-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by ultimatefinfan
first he was a hero

:huh:

when was this?

imbondz
09-28-2003, 03:56 PM
His head is not completely in the game. Did you see him after the guy ran onto the field. That pissed me off that he even reacted to it.

BAM
09-28-2003, 03:56 PM
4 games, dumb calls each game. I'm not saying fire him right now, but within the next three games :) Maybe he can straighten things out by then. I doubt it though, he's had 3 years now...

Penalties are killing us as well. That seems to come from coaching to if i'm not mistaken (IE lack of discipline).

For the record I have never praised Greg Williams. I've been skeptical of him since we hired his a$$ ! He's decent, but doesn't have the ability to get us over the top IMO.

I'm starting to realize why we didn't give him a new contract.

stuckincincy
09-28-2003, 03:59 PM
LeBeau is a great guy but not a head coach. Sorry, his performance in Cincy was not stellar.

ultimatefinfan
09-28-2003, 03:59 PM
well by hero i meant when u get off to a 2-0 start and u crush the opposing teams, some credit has to be given at least partially to the coaching staff...

The Spaz
09-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Well I thought after he got fired by the Bengals that he was contimplating retirement. If that is the case I don't think he goes as coaches the Bills anytime soon.

BAM
09-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
LeBeau is a great guy but not a head coach. Sorry, his performance in Cincy was not stellar.

I agree with you there. I'm just saying, maybe there was a reason they hired him as "assistant head coach".

venis2k1
09-28-2003, 04:04 PM
We should have brought steve mariucci in when we had the chance.

SABURZFAN
09-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by ultimatefinfan
well by hero i meant when u get off to a 2-0 start and u crush the opposing teams, some credit has to be given at least partially to the coaching staff...

i got a newsflash for you but there's not too many people that were high on Gee Dubya when the season started and he was still heavily criticized in the wins.where you get this "hero" crap is beyond me.

The Natrix
09-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by imbondz
His head is not completely in the game. Did you see him after the guy ran onto the field. That pissed me off that he even reacted to it.

I completely agree. He noticed the camera was on him and he started getting all pised off. A fan running on the field shouldn't even phase an NFL coach.

Historian
09-28-2003, 04:29 PM
Ill take LeBeau...Ill take WOODY RIBBICK THE EQUIPTMENT MANAGER AT THIS POINT!!!!!

Just Fire Him!!!!!!!!!!!

socalfan
09-28-2003, 04:37 PM
I don't think LeBeau is the answer.....They need to bring in someone that has a clue when it comes to the offense. Someone needs to review Galbraith's game plans. To see Galbraith sitting on the bench getting help from Alex VanPelt and Jerry Ostrowski is really sad.

The_Philster
09-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Let him coach for the rest of the season. I don't think he could do any worse than Williams

Lone Stranger
09-28-2003, 09:40 PM
It is very obvious how much a good coach means to a team when you see a hapless bunch like Dallas winning games. Wiiliams has until the break to turn the team around. And it appears he has no concept of what is happening offensively. Somehow we have got to get the O-line to start blocking. It was effective last year; why not now.

DynaPaul
09-28-2003, 09:49 PM
I could coach this team better using the playbook from my Xbox "ESPN NFL Football" game. And I wouldn't make these totally boneheaded calls either. Plus I also have Ephedra here.

Will McGahee Fast
09-28-2003, 09:56 PM
Does it really matter who we want to be the coach?

We have Tom Donahoe I have 100% faith in whatever move he makes for a coach or to keep GW.