PDA

View Full Version : The 2-Point Conversion Call - STUPID

imbondz
09-28-2003, 03:50 PM
The call to go for 2 made no sense because there was 9:00!!!! minutes left in the game. We would have been down 16-7. We score another TD it's 16-14 which puts you in the position to WIN, not tie. Not to mention, not making the 2 points gave the Eagles back some momentum.

To score 2 tds AND 2 2-point conversions is RARE if it ever happens. You're asking our O to get it in the endzone 4 TIMES IN A ROW, when they haven't gotten it in in 2 freakin' games.

OUR Offense is not playing well, why risk it. It failed, and now we need 2 scores just to tie it.

I remember the RAMS doing it against the Saints in the playoffs a couple of years ago.

It was a dumb call and it usually is. The 2 point conversion should only be used in rare situtations when a team is down 8 w/ hardly any time left in the game. Or is getting killed and it doesnt' really matter. The 2 point conversion usually kills a team, not helps.

ultimatefinfan
09-28-2003, 03:55 PM
There was no problem with going for two, the problem was challenging that obvious correct call down on the 1 yard line....

Dozerdog
09-28-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ultimatefinfan
There was no problem with going for two, the problem was challenging that obvious correct call down on the 1 yard line....

I have no problem going for 2, and no problem with the challenge

Captain gameboy
09-28-2003, 04:29 PM
Let me get this right. We go for two, getting a perfect setup.--our all pro WR against a hack DB.
The play ensues, they run a full blitz up the middle. Our QB reads it, and before getting sacked, throws an out pass to our all pro WR.
Our all pro WR decides not to turn around until 6 yards in the end zone, when one yard will do.
Result-incompletion.
Eric should have read the inside blitz, shortened his pattern, and turned around. The ball was there.
We haven't been successful blocking the inside blitz this year, and he should know this. Result-two points... blown.
Some will blame Bledsoe, some Kilbride, most Williams, few Moulds.
The play was there, just like the option Henry threw that pop fly on last Sunday night.
Regardless, the play was there, and if Moulds would have turned around, it would have been two.

The Natrix
09-28-2003, 04:36 PM
Yeah, there was nothing wrong in going for two. If the Bills made it, and then the game ended with Shaw getting tackled at the 1 with the game clock going to zero with the Bills down by 8, NONE of you would have had a problem with it. It was not a lunatic call like the fake punt or the Henry pass.

yle
09-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I have no problem going for 2, and no problem with the challenge

I agree. I have no problem with the challenge, especially if you were gonna take a TO to get the play call right. That way worst case is you get an extra long time out, and best case is it's ruled a touchdown.

Ebenezer
09-28-2003, 05:40 PM
the only problem was that it took gr-EGG head 17 seconds to challange the call. The flag should have flown immediately...even though the refs made the right call.