PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Disappointment Today.

RedEyE
09-28-2003, 05:44 PM
The offense has no sense of urgency. They were walking back to the huddle, down by 9, with under 3 minutes to go in regulation. Lazy blocking - I see a lot of pushing and nudging going on but not one offensive player made a decent block today. Too many passes being dropped. RBs scared to punch holes. Lineman getting shoved off the line of scrimmage. Call it what you will, I think that it's more than just coaching. It's pure execution or lack there of. The Eagles came into our house today and had there way with the Bills. Instead of fighting, they sat back and let it happen.

The talent is there, this same team scored nearly 70 points in the first 2 weeks of football. I think that they have no spark and there is a serious lack of leadership on the offensive side of the ball. What you can see in the faces of these players is pure frustration and disgust for their teammates. Their anger is entirely misdirected. If an attitude adjustment is not made by next week, the finger pointing will commence. Cincy will walk all over us!

If something isn't done soon, Chris Berman will be shouting "Nobody lays down better than the Buffalo Bills" for the rest of the season.

labillbacker
09-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Redeye......AMEN.....you hit the nail on the head.....no running game at all.....no sense of urgency w/ less than 5 min. on the clock.....ref's on Eagle payroll......o-lineman studs like Brown and Williams getting dominated....wide receivers fumbling/dropping balls....either these guys take pride and get the he ll out....

doug45
09-28-2003, 06:21 PM
Just got back from the game and you are right. The D is hanging in strong but the O is in trouble if they do not react quickly. They seem not to even try at this point, it is hard to understand how they can fall this far this fast.

NoRing4U
09-28-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by doug45
Just got back from the game and you are right. The D is hanging in strong but the O is in trouble if they do not react quickly. They seem not to even try at this point, it is hard to understand how they can fall this far this fast.

I just wanted to point out that your D let a guy run for 62 yards when the game was on the line. You had your chances, just like you had your chances against Miami. You just got roxxOred :pir:

Ebenezer
09-28-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by NoRing4U
I just wanted to point out that your D let a guy run for 62 yards when the game was on the line. You had your chances, just like you had your chances against Miami. You just got roxxOred :pir:

62 or 6.2 ...didn't matter at that point...once he got the first down the game was over...