PDA

View Full Version : I defy anybody to tell me why GW should not be fired if the Bills lose to Cincinnati

Ebenezer
09-28-2003, 05:49 PM
Since I don't have to pay for a sticky I will give the 2500 ZBs that it costs and another 500 ZBs for a total of 3000 ZBs to the poster that can provide to me the best argument as to why the Bills should keep gr-EGG Head if they lose to Cincy.

State your arguments below...

...meanwhile the poll is open for vote.

RedEyE
09-28-2003, 05:52 PM
You have my vote. I'm tired of that ass-clown. He *****es more than he coaches. What he should be doing is grabbing Gilbride by the throat and telling him that if he opens one more game with a pass, he is going to strangle him with his man boobs. Where the **** is the run from last year?

Dozerdog
09-28-2003, 06:07 PM
1) Who are you going to get?

2) Are you prepared to throw away the season? The Bills are not playoff bound- even if you dig up Lombardi and give him the job

Is he a stupid coach? Yes...Is there a better candidate out there not employed? Maybe...if you want Jim Mora or Denis Green.

You better give me a good argument who we should have in his place.

Otherwise, this becomes another stupid Bledsoe argument- those who suggest we were stupid to get him don't offer an alternative plan- or the alternatives are much worse (Get Chris Chandler or Jeff Blake)

We let the contract expire and get Tom Coughlin 1 day after our last game

SABURZFAN
09-28-2003, 06:10 PM
i wanted his @$$ gone after the punt on 4th and 2 at new england's 32 last year.i can't stand to even look at his face.

Ebenezer
09-28-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
You better give me a good argument who we should have in his place.

You really need me to list all the stupid things he personally has done and all the redicioulsy undisciplined things this team has done in the last 2 seasons and 4 games? Give me a break. This isn't any anti-Bledsoe anything. GW is a disaster as a head coach. I'd fire him today and bring in Coughlin. Why wait?

SABURZFAN
09-28-2003, 06:19 PM
i suggested the high school coach from Springville or Gowanda in the game thread.i'd be happy with marshall or Wheat Toast at this point.

colin
09-28-2003, 06:22 PM
Coughlin won't come into that mess.

Dozerdog
09-28-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by colin
Coughlin won't come into that mess.

What mess?

Fire the coach - and you get a great coach with a great GM

Historian
09-28-2003, 06:47 PM
Repeat the mantra...

Fire Him....fire him....fire him...

Typ0
09-28-2003, 06:51 PM
I agree. If we lose to cincy fire his ass :snicker:

Brian Griese Rulz
09-28-2003, 07:37 PM
Regardless if we Win or Lose against the Bengals, GW should be fired. This guy has been a moron since Day 1.

helmetguy
09-28-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Typ0
I agree. If we lose to cincy fire his ass :snicker:

Not just his ass. Fire the whole damn idiot...manboobs and all!

Fire da Coach...Fire da coach...

justasportsfan
09-28-2003, 07:52 PM
If we lose to the Bengals let Lebeau run the remainder of the season but find another one for next year. How much worse can Lebeau do? I know Lebaue may not want to be a HC again as he was thinking about retirement . Maybe he'll punch Gilbride :D

The_Philster
09-28-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
If we lose to the Bengals let Lebeau run the remainder of the season but find another one for next year. How much worse can Lebeau do? I know Lebaue may not want to be a HC again as he was thinking about retirement . Maybe he'll punch Gilbride :D

Nice idea. :up:

labillbacker
09-28-2003, 09:50 PM
FIRST FIRE THE MORON WHO HIRED GREGG BECAUSE HE HAD PRETTIER PIE CHARTS THAN SEVERAL OTHER BETTER CANDIDATES....HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IMMEDIATELY FIRED AFTER LAST YEARS 4TH & 1 PUNTS.....NOTICE I SAID PUNTS(PLURAL)....OUR COLLECTIVE COACHING STAFF IS SO BAD THAT WHO KNOWS WHERE WE CAN GO FROM HERE.....GRAY ,GILBRIDE, WILLIAMS, THEY ALL BLOW CHUNKS....WE'RE SO SCREWED.....BUT LETS NOT FORGET THAT OUR O-LINE IS THE EMBARRASSING DISGRACE OF THE LEAGUE RIGHT NOW.......BILLS AVG 50 TOTAL YARDS/GAME RUSHING....

The_Philster
09-28-2003, 10:04 PM
Three things, labillbacker
TD brought in a lot of excellent talent in the last few years. One bad (ok, terrible) decision does not change that
:welcome: to the Zone
there's no need to yell...we can read it much better if you remove the caps lock. Thank you

Ebenezer
09-28-2003, 10:05 PM
LA...calm down a little...if you fire TD you fire the guy that got all the players in here too...TD is going nowhere.

MDFINFAN
09-28-2003, 10:16 PM
I have never seen a coach execute plays on the field, nor throw an interception, or fumble a ball, or miss a tackle, or blow an assignment, or miss a block, or miss a pass, or get a holding, offsides, pass interference, or roughing the passer penalty. I've never seen a coach miss a wide open receiver, or get a turnover or even kickoff out of bound. Have any of you seen this, if a coach can't be blamed for any of these things..then he shouldn't be fired. Heck, I haven't even seen a coach score a TD. They prepare the team, and the individuals on the football field execute the plays both defensively and offensiviely, if they mess up, it's because of their inability, not the coach, and even GW don't ask this team to do things they're not capable of doing. Big as Sam Adams is, why should teams be able to run up the middle? I quess the coach didn't make him tackle any one, or hold up 2 blockers like he should. Philly scored a TD right up the gut today for the game clincher..that was GW all the way. Even though Sam was right there..in the critical time of the game. Don't look at your coach, look at your players, that's where the buck stops....on the field.

Ebenezer
09-28-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I have never seen a coach execute plays on the field, nor throw an interception, or fumble a ball, or miss a tackle, or blow an assignment, or miss a block, or miss a pass, or get a holding, offsides, pass interference, or roughing the passer penalty. I've never seen a coach miss a wide open receiver, or get a turnover or even kickoff out of bound. Have any of you seen this, if a coach can't be blamed for any of these things..then he shouldn't be fired. Heck, I haven't even seen a coach score a TD. They prepare the team, and the individuals on the football field execute the plays both defensively and offensiviely, if they mess up, it's because of their inability, not the coach, and even GW don't ask this team to do things they're not capable of doing. Big as Sam Adams is, why should teams be able to run up the middle? I quess the coach didn't make him tackle any one, or hold up 2 blockers like he should. Philly scored a TD right up the gut today for the game clincher..that was GW all the way. Even though Sam was right there..in the critical time of the game. Don't look at your coach, look at your players, that's where the buck stops....on the field.

Using that reasoning then no coach should ever be fired. Sorry, I don't buy that for one minute. The coach is the one who sets philosophy for the team. He is the one who has the final say on everything. If he doesn't have those things then he is not HC material and right now GW has neither. He is either ball-less and will not override KG or is clueless and will not override KG. This team, for the third season in a row, has less discipline than a pack of cub scouts tripping on pepsi and chocolate cake. Marv Levy would never have run the team like this. It is starting to get bad and a loss to Cincy next week will make it a whole lot worse. The next three games are very winable...not if GW keeps on setting the current tone.

DraftBoy
09-28-2003, 10:27 PM
Firing the coach at the point in time shows no confidence in the team and you might as well consider the season a wash. Now in every year hes been here he has improved his record one way or another. Now we hired with the idea that we were 3 years away from the playoffs, now Im not saying hes the brightest guy in the world or the best coach for this team, but TD will not fire him mid-season b.c it shows that he has complete lack of trust in the team. So my reason plain and simple is this:

While he makes dummy moves game to game, he also improves year to year. You cant argue with results fellas. He has one more year in my mind if we dont break .500 and get a playoff spot hes gone, if so he has to keep on improving on it

MDFINFAN
09-28-2003, 10:28 PM
Bottom line no coach has won a SB or loss one, the players do everything on the field, either the coach has a good system or they don't..but the players play...Period..your team has a good O and a good D in terms of personel, if they are as good as we think in terms of individual abilities, then why do they make so many mistakes to keep themselves from winning? That's not the coach..either the system employed fits the players or it don't..This system of O and D fits your players talent, are you trying to tell me that Adams shouldn't stop plays up the middle. It's the players....

DraftBoy
09-28-2003, 10:31 PM
players, shmaers they do what they are told to do to the most part, they cant help if the other team is more prepared. You cant tell a guy to make a touchdown and then blame him if he doesnt. Its not his fault somebody tried to tackle him.

Turf
09-28-2003, 10:33 PM
I will not defy you.
He should have been let go last year.

MDFINFAN
09-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
players, shmaers they do what they are told to do to the most part, they cant help if the other team is more prepared. You cant tell a guy to make a touchdown and then blame him if he doesnt. Its not his fault somebody tried to tackle him.

So your players are paid to not make plays...well then if that's the philosophy, and if that's coming from the coach fire him..If that's coming from the GM or Owner, fire them too.

helmetguy
09-29-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
So your players are paid to not make plays...well then if that's the philosophy, and if that's coming from the coach fire him..If that's coming from the GM or Owner, fire them too.

Players ARE paid to make plays. COACHES are paid to help put players in a position TO make plays. Gw's approach has been to put the team (and the considerable talent assembled by Tom Donahoe) in positions that are nearly impossible to make plays.

fabolouspaul
09-29-2003, 12:25 PM
If we lose to Cincy with Dillon not playing, Fire HIS ASS on the spot!! I hope the crowd will chant "Fire Gregg!" if we're getting blown out. NO excuses to lose this one.

Ebenezer
09-29-2003, 12:36 PM
AMEN

DraftBoy
09-29-2003, 03:02 PM
So since I defyed you do I get the ZB's, b.c so far I havent seen a damn thing to argue against his results which have been (as much as it pains me to say it) getting better over the years.

LABillsFan
09-29-2003, 04:20 PM
The Bills addressed the loss of Price with Shaw and developing Reed. The D was upgraded with new linebackers, Milloy and Sam Adams. Remember what the D looked like last year? The D is holding opponents to very few points until the 4th quarter when fatigue sets in from being on the field too long.

That's the good news. But I think what has been forgotten, is the the fact that the OLINE was NOT addressed this year at all. Next year is very cap friendly and you will see significant upgrades in that area. To this point that is the weakness in the team. Is it GW's Fault? No, because that talent isn't there to produce. Does he make bad calls, yes, but he needs an OC that is flexible and creative. This is were the problem lies. You work with what you have, not with what you want. What the Bills have is a strong pocket QB, a pass blocking Oline, gifted receivers and a solid D. We all know what they don't have.

The_Philster
09-29-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
So since I defyed you do I get the ZB's, b.c so far I havent seen a damn thing to argue against his results which have been (as much as it pains me to say it) getting better over the years.

He went from 3-13 to 8-8 and is on pace to match the 2002 record this year. We don't want a mediocre coach. We want someone who will have his players ready to win games.

BillsFever
09-29-2003, 05:51 PM
I'll bet any amount of Zonebucks that GW will not be fired during the season. Firing him during the season would waste any chance we have.

If you think just firing GW will make us better then you have another thing coming. There isn't a coach that can step in and make this team a winner. They don't know the players or the system. It would be a huge blow to the team to have a new coach in the middle of the year.

How often does a coach get fired in the middle of the season? It happens on a very rare occasion and that's usually on a team that has no chance of winning during the season so they fire them to get a head start. I'm glad you guys don't run the team.

GW has 12 weeks to do something. Unless the wheels totally come off there is no chance that he won't get these next 12 weeks.

Ebenezer
09-29-2003, 07:16 PM
I still have not read an answer that satisfies me. The only thing that people have come up with is that if GW is fired that the Bills will be giving up on the season. That doesn't cut it. That only plays on the hope that he can do something with this team...something we have not seen. You need to make a DEFENSE for gr-EGG Head. State his case. Why should he be the coach of this team?? What does he bring to the table?? What edge does he have?? DEFEND GW and his abilities to do the job. That is what I am looking for. At this point, nobody has provided that. This team has has Lou Saban, Marv Levy and Chuck Knox as head coaches. Any Bills fan should be able to relate quality from crap. Again, defend GW.

Dozerdog
09-29-2003, 07:20 PM
Give us an answer who they will replace him with to salvage the season.

Jimmy Johnson isn't going to take it.
No coach or assistant who's under contract will be allowed to take it

Ebenezer
09-29-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Give us an answer who they will replace him with to salvage the season.

Jimmy Johnson isn't going to take it.
No coach or assistant who's under contract will be allowed to take it

DD you supplied the answer already...Tom Coughlin. Dennis Green is another alternative. Unlike the DB arguments I have given alternatives. Nobody has given a defense of GW.

Dozerdog
09-29-2003, 07:28 PM
Is Tom available?

He's not an assistant anywhere is he?

Dozerdog
09-29-2003, 07:31 PM
I think he's available......

Ebenezer
09-29-2003, 07:48 PM
To my knowledge he is taking the year off...I will bet he will be a HC next season.