PDA

View Full Version : They should have fired Greg Williams last year

bullet5150
09-28-2003, 06:49 PM
Williams is an idiot. He has no idea what he is doing on gameday. A good coach would have prepared thi team better this week.

Billsouth
09-28-2003, 07:03 PM
williams seemed more amused by the security guards takedown than the game.

Brian Griese Rulz
09-28-2003, 07:33 PM
Why didnt he challenge that complete pass to Reed that the Refs. ruled incomplete?

Instead he challenges that bullshlt one.

helmetguy
09-28-2003, 08:48 PM
A good coach would have let his guys know that they embarrassed themselves before a national audience just a week ago and had an opportunity for redemption. IN GW's case, he's ALWAYS an embarrassment so, of course, he let it all slide.

Historian
09-28-2003, 09:16 PM
They didn't fire him last year because of bucks. Ralph is too cheap to pay two salaries for one year, so they will probably let him stumble through the rest of the season.

The problem is....WE'RE PAYING FOR IT!!!!!

Novacane
09-28-2003, 09:19 PM
I don't think Ralphs to cheap. He'd pay the salary if TD came to him and said Greg sucks. I think TD just does not want to admit he screwed up in bringing Greeeeeeeeeg in here.

MTBillsFan
09-28-2003, 09:34 PM
YES! GW needs to go! Unfortunately, this is the ONE move by TD that has hurt us! Hopefully over the next few weeks we pull it together otherwise GW WILL be gone going into the Bye week!

DynaPaul
09-28-2003, 09:40 PM
This is why he didn't get a contract extension. If he can't win with this talent he ain't ever gonna win...

Turf
09-28-2003, 10:07 PM
I've wanted GW gone since before this year. I can't believe they kept him. With the coaching staff they surrounded him with, it's like a daycare.
But Gilbride is the real problem. His playcalling is ruining this team.

SABURZFAN
09-29-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I don't think Ralphs to cheap.

:laughter:

didn't the old fart try to welch out on wade phillips not too long ago?

The_Philster
09-29-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
:laughter:

didn't the old fart try to welch out on wade phillips not too long ago?

Wade was insubordinate to Ralph...refused to fire that waste Ronnie Jones when he was told to.

BledsoeRulz11
09-29-2003, 05:29 PM
I do think it may partially be William's fault, but not really... I mean, was it williams fault when Bledsoe threw the ball out of bounds on the 4th down, he's not out on the field, it's the guys having to focus and regroup themseves, williams can only do so much...... everyone loved the guy 2 weeks ago when the bills demolished everyone in the first 2 games. I'm not going to be like everyone else that when things start looking bad you want to blame everyone and start throwing in the towel,then when they do good, you love everyone again... 1st off, it's too early for that, we're only 4 games into the season, i HAVE FAITH IN THE BILLS!!!!!!!!!
THEY'LL ALL FIGHT THE LAW, AND THE LAW IN THE END WILL WIN!!!
GO BILLS GO!!!

p.s i'm new here and by the way, can someone tell me what a zone buck is? thanks :)

The_Philster
09-29-2003, 05:33 PM
No one is blaming him for dumb plays like Drew throwing the ball away on a 4th down, but for the lack of heart the Bills showed yesterday. They weren't ready to play at all. The two primary functions of the head coach are to delegate authority to the coordinators and to motivate the team.

Historian
09-29-2003, 08:36 PM
FIRE HIM!!!

helmetguy
09-29-2003, 09:12 PM
One aspect of team discipline (which Williams assured us was his forte) is concentration. Dropped balls, ill-timed penalties, forgotten downs all indicate a collective lack of concentration. If Williams were a TRUE disciplinarian, he'd be calling these guys on the carpet, holding them out a series or two, or benching them completely (in the case of chronic poor play; spelled P-U-C-I-L-L-O). Instead, he "explains" these lapses, then announces the obvious, "We have to get better at/cut down on/execute better..." I have yet to hear how he intends to make the necessary corrections. Benching Pucillo would be a start. The bottom line is that GW is in 'way over his head. At the time of his hire he wrote checks with his ego and enthusiasm that his competence can't cover.