PDA

View Full Version : Our Defense ??

chubluv
09-28-2003, 10:43 PM
Ummmm, what happened to our defense? That is not the group that we had the first 3 weeks out there. Its like they were deflated after last weeks performance against the stinkin dolfins. Sam Adams was dragging his big butt in & out of the huddle, they start the game with 12 men on the field, Clements doesnt turn around & look for the ball anymore. They commit so many undisiplin penaltys. Its just ridiculous to watch Spikes Posey & Fletcher just get man handled they way they did today.

I hope they find the cure to what ailes them during practice this week, or they are gonna get G Williams & J Gray canned(Not That would be a Bad thing right about know).

Wheres Dick Lebeaus influence & input? This looks like the same crap Defense that we played last year. I hope They figure out how to play again, because it was exciting to see them play with intensity & fire earlier in the season(yes i realise its only week 4)...

Ok I'm done venting know lol oh yeah I forgot one thing STOP PLAYING OUR DB's 10-15 YRDS OFF THE WR WHEN ITS 3rd and 4. I HATE THAT WITH A PASSION....

Ok know i'm done.... Lets get the bungels next week !!!!!

MDFINFAN
09-28-2003, 11:14 PM
welcome to the reality of week to week football, that's why the Buc's have such a special group, and the 2000 Raven's D.

MTBillsFan
09-28-2003, 11:17 PM
Our D would be better if they didn't have to stay on the field as much as they have the past 2 weeks. The 1st to weeks our D hardly played. If we can get our O to control the ball for more than a few minutes at a time, we'll be back whoopin arse!

MDFINFAN
09-28-2003, 11:29 PM
That requires a running game, of which you don't have right now. which was suppose to be the center piece of your off season moves..which everyone in here swear that you got, while the rest of us kept implying that you were a passing team..and at this point still is..but without all the weapons. I said this before and will say it again, you've actually gotten slower on O..and it's showing against fast D's..when you get back to teams with slower D's your O will show up again...but the running game has to materialize for this team to get a breather for the D. Pretty obvious observation, but true.

socalfan
09-29-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
That requires a running game, of which you don't have right now. which was suppose to be the center piece of your off season moves..............

I thought the off season produced an improved defense, which it did.

you've actually gotten slower on O..and it's showing against fast D's..when you get back to teams with slower D's your O will show up again.......

Only at the slot reciever position. All of the other positions (in terms of speed) improved on offense. The dullphins have a quick defense, but I don't think that is true of the Eagles. I think we lost that game due to a lack of being prepared on offense. when the offense coordnator is sitting on the bench looking a pictures and getting suggestions from Alex Van Pelt and the Line Coach, it means to me that planning missed the boat completely. And I wonder why that happened two weeks in a row. And I wonder why the head coach doesn't have a better handle his assistant coaches efforts.