PDA

View Full Version : Two point conversion attempt.

timfromjersey
09-28-2003, 11:39 PM
Did you see where Bledsoe threw that 2 pt. conversion attempt on the first td? Because he was under quick pressure from a heavy blitz, he threw the ball way early, to the front corner of the endzone, left side where Moulds was supposed to be, long before Moulds makes his break. He should have thrown it right at Moulds and trust him to outmuscle the defender for the ball. He is not aware of his own reciever's ability.

It is just another example of his poor decision making and poor throwing under pressure.

Bledsoe Play has not been stellar these last two games and deserves a lion's share of the blame for these losses, but no one in this forum seems to be taking him to task.

Indy Bills Fan
09-29-2003, 12:52 AM
I agree. He hasn't shown very good basic skills the last couple of weeks. Forcing the ball, staring down his receivers and not getting through his reads and finding the open man because of the latter.

Ebenezer
09-29-2003, 07:46 AM
Give him a running game and the other team won't blitz almost every play. Philly, Miami, and future opponents can afford to bring 5 players when there are no screens, rollouts or draws in the gameplan and when there is no running game to speak of. If I am Cincy I bring 5 guys on every play until the Bills break off a draw.

Tatonka
09-29-2003, 08:29 AM
funny how eric holds no blame here.. good to know you were in the huddle and you know exactly where eric was supposed to break, ect.

imbondz
09-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
funny how eric holds no blame here.. good to know you were in the huddle and you know exactly where eric was supposed to break, ect.

exactly.

timfromjersey
10-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Tatonka and imbondz, are you serious? What the ******* difference does it make where Moulds was supposed to be? Bledsoe had to release the ball early! Can't he see where Moulds is and deliver the ball right to him and trust him to out-jump and out-muscle the defender?

If you watch the play again and watch moulds and see the way he turns you can't really be sure if he was to run a fade to the back corner or turn and stop or turn and curl in, but you can bet his route was supposed to be in the endzone. What do you think he was supposed to do, read the blitz and adjust his 5 yard route into a 2 yard route. Unless Moulds completely ran the wrong route totally he had NO BLAME!

Ebenezer,
with all due respect even teams with a running game gets blitzed and a qb and reciever have to be aware of it and blitz adjust. Even when the reciever does so, it seems to me Bledsoe is making poor throws when rushed, whether it be to the adusted reciever or the outlet reciever.

Why do you think that Bledsoe was knocked at New England for not making plays when rushed and for his decision making?

helmetguy
10-01-2003, 06:44 PM
Man, oh MAN! I can remember when people wanted to tar and feather Jim Kelly after bad games. There was enough ineptitude to go around twice last Sunday-missed blocks, dropped passes, blown coverages...

After bad games of the past, the same people calling for Kelly's head said little about Biscuit taking plays off on the field, or J.D. Williams blowing another coverage, or Andre Reed dropping a pass.

Personally, I'm becoming an even BIGGER Bledsoe fan than I ever was before...simply because he's TAKING RESPONSIBILITY! He may be trying TOO hard, at times, but there shouldn't be a question of his dtermination. The guys who consistently UNDERperform? Now, THERE is where the questions should be directed!

timfromjersey
10-01-2003, 06:56 PM
helmet guy, you're point is well taken, but I'm was just simply pointing out he has to have a little better awareness. He should know by now that Moulds is a very Physically strong reciever who can go get the close pass instead of worrying about route timing while under a blitz rush.

Does not Minnesota take advantage of Moss' Physicality in tough situations?

I am not looking for Bledsoe's head.

BillsFever
10-01-2003, 06:57 PM
The Drew Bledose love affair almost reminds me of the Doug Flutie love affair a few years back.

Dozerdog
10-01-2003, 07:04 PM
I think Moulds has as much of the culpibility as anyone.

The play was a simple one - a quick button hook that was supposed to be a timing play. Moulds runs 5 feet inside the goal line, spins back to the flag, and the ball is supposed to be there for him.

Bledsoe threw that pass exactly where he was supposed to- just inside the goal line at the flag- It appeared Moulds went in too deep- and since DB had no time to wait due to pressure- he unloaded it. Moulds spent the entire time preoccupied- or entangled with - the cornerback.

Had he looked at DB right from the snap- they might have been able to break the pattern off or improvise- But Bledsoe isn't going to throw it anywhere else except where the play called for it if Moulds doesn't react to the blitz.

helmetguy
10-01-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by timfromjersey
helmet guy, you're point is well taken, but I'm was just simply pointing out he has to have a little better awareness. He should know by now that Moulds is a very Physically strong reciever who can go get the close pass instead of worrying about route timing while under a blitz rush.

Does not Minnesota take advantage of Moss' Physicality in tough situations?

I am not looking for Bledsoe's head.

In the situation you described, it was basically a read and react...quickly. As I pointed out, there was enough blame to spread around last Sunday. That play is but one example of that.

In re Minnesota in that same situation, Moss probably would have been an afterthought. Any QB would have to go "hot" in similar conditions. Without the pressure, a fade route would be more to Moss' physical abilities.