PDA

View Full Version : WHO WOULD YOU PICK IF WILLIAMS WAS FIRED

Bmax
09-29-2003, 12:17 AM
Who should be the new coach if williams is canned ?

Dennis Green

Tom Coughlin

Bob Stoops

Ty Willingham

MTBillsFan
09-29-2003, 12:33 AM
Stoops probably will never leave Oklahoma and Willingham isn't doin anything special with NotreDame plus, neither one of those guys has NFL experience...Just like GW

Indy Bills Fan
09-29-2003, 12:44 AM
Green seemed to always have the Vikings playing well. They were perennial(sp) playoff contenders and if Anderson stays perfect against Atlanta they would have been SB bound. TC is just too much of a disciplinarian. I'm not saying we don't need more disc, but he seems to lose his players because of his domineering ways.

socalfan
09-29-2003, 12:57 AM
I like bobby stoops.

Brian Griese Rulz
09-29-2003, 01:13 AM
Pete Carroll

BADTHINGSMAN
09-29-2003, 02:01 AM
Chris Berman:snicker:

OR

Homer Simpson:homer:

Common get to hear DOH!! an awful lot.. And typo would love the "mmmmm beeeer"..

SABURZFAN
09-29-2003, 03:12 AM
marshall :snicker:

Buffatexas
09-29-2003, 04:45 AM
Bring in Jimbo to run our offense, Talley to run the D and give the HC job to LeBeau

RedEyE
09-29-2003, 06:34 AM
Green has no backbone. We need a coach with big brass ones to handle this team.

Coughlin is out dated. He could definitly handle the discipline issues, but he tends to have players run out on him after more than 2 seasons of play.

I like Stoops or June Jones.

The Spaz
09-29-2003, 06:37 AM
To hell with Ty WIllingham the guy is the next Herman Edwards!

Historian
09-29-2003, 06:42 AM
Coughlin or Green...both are excellent Coaches!

FIRE HIM!!!

ryven
09-29-2003, 07:08 AM
well we brought in LeBeau for a reason and this might have been it I say fire williams or bump him down to DC and promote Dick and we may watch this team florish.

IHateTheDullphins
09-29-2003, 07:39 AM
Dick LeBeau!!!

don137
09-29-2003, 07:43 AM
Bring back Marv

Bmax
09-29-2003, 12:11 PM
what's wrong with edwards ? The front offfice screwed the team up.. and chad's injury killed them also...He did make a bone call in yesterday's game but how much of that was his fault ?

i'd take edwards over williams any day ......:violin:

Mr. Miyagi
09-29-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by ryven
well we brought in LeBeau for a reason and this might have been it I say fire williams or bump him down to DC and promote Dick and we may watch this team florish.
I think ryven is onto something special here...

Swap out LeBeau and GW. Good call. :up:

L.A. Playa
09-29-2003, 12:51 PM
how about ted cotrell????

L.A. Playa
09-29-2003, 12:51 PM
or romeo crenell???

dolfan
09-29-2003, 01:04 PM
YOU GUYS ARE ALL A BUNCH OF IDIOTS !!! HOW CAN YOU GUYS BLAME THE COACH , LAST YEAR HE DID A GOOD JOB BROUGHT YOU GUYS BACK TO 8-8 THIS YEAR HE STARTED GOOD AND EVERYONE WAS SAYING COACH OF THE YEAR AND SUPERBOWL CHAMPS TWO WEEKS LATER YOU GUYS WANT HIS HEAD I DON'T GET IT ... I HATE THE BILLS BUT YOU GUYS STILL HAVE AWAYS TO GO TO BE A PLAYOFF TEAM EX. DEFENSIVE LINE SUCKS... HE'S DOIN WHAT HE CAN WITH WHAT HE'S GOT IT'S NOT HIS FAULT, IT'S THE GM WHO BROUGHT IN AN OVER WEIGHT OLD COW IN ADAMS ,WHO LOOKS LIKE HE'S GOING TO CALLAPSE AFTER EVERY PLAY HE'S OUT THERE YOU GUYS A IMPROVED TEAM BUT YOU GUYS R STILL MISSING SOME INGREDIENTS .:lastyr:

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-29-2003, 01:20 PM
A coach can't just leave during the season, what are you insane?

Stoops and Willingham can't just up and leave.

I am sorry, but this is a stupid poll.

Damn, it is sad when the Dolphin's fans are sounding smarter than some of you.

L.A. Playa
09-29-2003, 01:24 PM
i don't think at this point gregg deserves or will be fired
give him the rest of the season if we dont make the playoffs then dont renew his contract and look at some other people
remember everyone here might have got prematurely over confident this team was 3-13 two years ago
i still believe we will go 12-4 this year we lost to 2 quality football teams and even though we didn't play to our capabilities had a chacne to win both with 2 minutes left

buffalofan72
09-29-2003, 01:25 PM
Tom Coughlin

L.A. Playa
09-29-2003, 01:28 PM
coughlin and green and johnson will never coach buffalo because they want complete control and donahoe will not give up gm role or allow coaches who are ambitious for his job to come here

SoCoBillsFan
09-29-2003, 01:34 PM
I think Ted Cottrell should seriously be considered if GW is fired. He's a great defensive mind, under him our defense was one of the best in the NFL and he know Ralph Wilson and he wants to coach.

LtBillsFan66
09-29-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
Dick LeBeau!!!

He did wonders in Cincy!

LtBillsFan66
09-29-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by dolfan
YOU GUYS ARE ALL A BUNCH OF IDIOTS !!! HOW CAN YOU GUYS BLAME THE COACH , LAST YEAR HE DID A GOOD JOB BROUGHT YOU GUYS BACK TO 8-8 THIS YEAR HE STARTED GOOD AND EVERYONE WAS SAYING COACH OF THE YEAR AND SUPERBOWL CHAMPS TWO WEEKS LATER YOU GUYS WANT HIS HEAD I DON'T GET IT ... I HATE THE BILLS BUT YOU GUYS STILL HAVE AWAYS TO GO TO BE A PLAYOFF TEAM EX. DEFENSIVE LINE SUCKS... HE'S DOIN WHAT HE CAN WITH WHAT HE'S GOT IT'S NOT HIS FAULT, IT'S THE GM WHO BROUGHT IN AN OVER WEIGHT OLD COW IN ADAMS ,WHO LOOKS LIKE HE'S GOING TO CALLAPSE AFTER EVERY PLAY HE'S OUT THERE YOU GUYS A IMPROVED TEAM BUT YOU GUYS R STILL MISSING SOME INGREDIENTS .:lastyr:

I {gulp} agree with a Dolphins fan.

Michael82
09-29-2003, 01:47 PM
I wish we had this guy right here. http://www.sptimes.com/2002/09/29/photos/sp-gruden.jpg

IF Only Tom Donahoe traded to get him. He would teach this team some DAMN discipline! :sadwalk:

STAMPY
09-29-2003, 02:02 PM
fish boy... PRACTICE WHAT YOU SPEECH... your coach has been wanted to be fired by your fans for failing in dec. past 2 years. and after the opening day loss to houston it was talked about again.

BTW i love herm edwards and would love to see him here. what about George Seifert, Joe Gibbs, Norv Turner.

Bmax
09-29-2003, 02:02 PM
Ghost of jimbo

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT WILLIAMS BEING REPLACED IN MID SEASON !!!!!!!!

By the response that the poll is getting i would say that it's not stupid at all.....

This is an early poll for williams end of season departure...

Which in my opiom will happen unless he wins the division or gets in the playoffs via the wild card...

Of course Willingnham and stoops won't leave but Coughlin and Green are available to work anytime they want .....

Bmax

I think the only thing you should be calling stupid is the bills game plan the last two weeks .

Even a dolphin fan couls see that we didn't have a good plan to win the last two weeks ....

Bmax....

The_Philster
09-29-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
He did wonders in Cincy!

Keep in mind that the personnel sucked in Cincy for the most part.

baalworship
09-29-2003, 06:43 PM
Here is a list of "Hot" coordinators by Pete Prisco before the season. Gilbride is on the list so take it with a grain of salt. But I do believe there is another Gruden or Shanahan or Walsh out there that no one knows about yet. Hopefully, Donahoe can stalk Al Davis and see who he's looking for to replace Callahan...

Coordinators to watch
Scott Linehan, Vikings offensive coordinator

Now that the players, especially quarterback Daunte Culpepper, are comfortable with his system, the Vikings should be explosive on offense, even without Michael Bennett. They have a big line and Randy Moss. That's a good combination to have for an aggressive coordinator like Linehan. We have a soft spot for aggressive coordinators in this space, but the Vikings proved last season you can run it while spreading people out -- they led the NFL in rushing. If they do that again, and win more games, Linehan could be this year's Jack Del Rio.

Tim Lewis, Steelers defensive coordinator

The Steelers tailed off on defense in 2002 in large part because they didn't have the speed to match up with people in the secondary. Lewis tried a bunch of different things to try and cover up that lack of speed to no avail. He still remains one of the bright defensive minds, and if the Steelers can turn things around on defense, he could get into the interview mix next season.

Kevin Gilbride, Bills offensive coordinator

The former head coach of the Chargers helped resurrect his career last season when the Bills became an effective passing offense. Buffalo finished the 2002 season ranked fifth in passing yards, with Drew Bledsoe fitting in perfectly with Gilbride's downfield offensive philosophy. Bledsoe and Gilbride have developed a close relationship, unlike the one Gilbride had with Kordell Stewart when he was the Steelers coordinator. Gilbride will be tested some this season, since Williams wants to play more ball-control on offense. That could lead to fewer gaudy numbers.

Ed Donatell, Packers defensive coordinator

After a good 2001 season, Donatell's defense fell off in 2002. It finished ranked 12th, which doesn't seem all that impressive, but considering injuries and a lack of speed, it's a good number. Donatell has a way of getting quality play out of younger players. If they continue to develop, and the added speed pays off, his defense should be ranked even higher this season. That should get him some head-coaching notice.

Ron Meeks, Colts defensive coordinator

The Colts have some young, fast talent on their defense, led by end Dwight Freeney, so they should be able to make some major strides. If Meeks can get this defense into the top 10, he would be a head-coaching candidate, provided the Colts go deep into the playoffs. The one knock on him is the perception it's coach Tony Dungy's defense and Meeks is merely running it.

Hue Jackson, Redskins offensive coordinator

It's hard to get any credit for being an offensive coach on Steve Spurrier's staff. But Jackson is regarded as the key to the Washington running game. Spurrier handles the pass offense, Jackson the run. He is actively involved in the game plan, even if Spurrier is the one calling all the plays. Like Meeks, he has to overcome the shadow of his head coach.

Mike Heimerdinger, Titans offensive coordinator

This is how much respect Titans coach Jeff Fisher has for Heimerdinger: He took off the shackles. The Titans became far less predictable last season, and quarterback Steve McNair developed into one of the NFL's best quarterbacks. Heimerdinger is a tough coach who stays on his players. If he can get better production from his outside receivers, plus a rejuvenated Eddie George, the Titans should be even better on offense.

helmetguy
09-30-2003, 08:47 AM
Ron Jaworski!!!!!