PDA

View Full Version : The Dolphins beat you twice.

DolphinDevil28
09-29-2003, 12:34 AM
This is NOT smack. I'm just saying that the Bills had a hangover from last week today. They were stunned at how physical the Fins were, and they played uninspired today, looking like they were still wondering what happened.

The Bills are a better team then what they showed today, but it's up to the coach to make sure they get over the previous week which is something Greg Williams obviously isn't good at.

I expect the Bills to rebound against Cincy and find their offensive rhythm again.

northernbillfan
09-29-2003, 01:54 AM
I hate to admit that I'm agreeing with a fin fan, but you make a good point. The Bills didn't have it in them to play football today, and I think you hit the nail on the head by saying "...that the Bills had a hangover from last week.."

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-29-2003, 07:02 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what the "the Dolphins beat you twice" means.

R. Rich
09-29-2003, 07:48 AM
I'm not so sure that that wasn't 'the real Bills' out there yesterday. Based on the opener, of course not. Now, let's take the opener into consideration:

1.) We had lost 5 straight to the Patriots and were starving for a win against them!

2.) The whole "Belichick owns Bledsoe" thing was getting on everyone's nerves!

3.) It was a home opener after a 5 game turnaround season and a very productive offseason in free agency (Spikes, Adams, Posey, etc.), so expectations were very high.

4.) The whole Lawyer Milloy soap opera-like issue (he wanted to 'stick it to' the Pats, we grabbed him 3 days before the game).

Now, given those circumstances, the outcome is a little easier to understand. They were so pumped up for that game, and went out and took care of business. I'm not saying that they can't be enthusiastic, but to expect them to play at that level continuously is asking for way too much in my opinion. I sure hope we didn't see 'the real Bills' out there yesterday and that they get to work and take care of their problems, but only time will tell about that.

Ebenezer
09-29-2003, 08:26 AM
I don't deny the 'Fins beat us on Sunday night but the loss yesterday points to a bigger problem...

Lack of discipline and direction...gr-EGG Head must be fired.

Devin
09-29-2003, 09:32 AM
I wouldnt look that deep into it " They were stunned at how physical the Fins were" is somewhat innaccurate.

Beware soon as our offense pulls its head out its ass your all in big trouble.

mchurchfie
09-29-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
This is NOT smack. I'm just saying that the Bills had a hangover from last week today. They were stunned at how physical the Fins were, and they played uninspired today, looking like they were still wondering what happened.

The Bills are a better team then what they showed today, but it's up to the coach to make sure they get over the previous week which is something Greg Williams obviously isn't good at.

I expect the Bills to rebound against Cincy and find their offensive rhythm again.

..and we REALLY did beat you twice last year...this isn't smack either...Eat Me:ugly::church:

jaja54
09-29-2003, 09:45 AM
I don't think that you were shell shocked, etc. I think you currently have problems stopping the run and running yourselves. You beat a NE team that has no running game. You beat a Jaguar team that put 8 in the box (making it easier to throw) and couldn't run either. Then you met two teams that could run the ball, win the time of posession, keep you from running at all and making you 1 dimensional, thus easier to defend. And after all that, you were in both games to the very end. Fix the running woes on both sides of the ball and you'll be ok.

mchurchfie
09-29-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by jaja54
I don't think that you were shell shocked, etc. I think you currently have problems stopping the run and running yourselves. You beat a NE team that has no running game. You beat a Jaguar team that put 8 in the box (making it easier to throw) and couldn't run either. Then you met two teams that could run the ball, win the time of posession, keep you from running at all and making you 1 dimensional, thus easier to defend. And after all that, you were in both games to the very end. Fix the running woes on both sides of the ball and you'll be ok.

Well said!:up:

NoRing4U
09-29-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Devin
I wouldnt look that deep into it " They were stunned at how physical the Fins were" is somewhat innaccurate.

Beware soon as our offense pulls its head out its ass your all in big trouble.

You can't beat semi-decent/good defenses. I think a lot of people here can agree with that. You lit up the Jags and the Pats with the luxury of their playbook and tendencies from Milloy. You think Milloy didn't know every weakness on that D?

Stewie
09-29-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
I hate to admit that I'm agreeing with a fin fan, but you make a good point. The Bills didn't have it in them to play football today, and I think you hit the nail on the head by saying "...that the Bills had a hangover from last week.."

I hate to say it too but I agree. The Eagles were 4-0 coming off a bye under Reid. Bills were 2-20 coming off a loss to the Dolphins. In retrospect, we shoulda seen that coming.

I'm still happy with 2-2 for now. We don't have the momentum, but who else (arizona) would you rather play than Cincy to rebound?

jaja54
09-29-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by paulB
I hate to say it too but I agree. The Eagles were 4-0 coming off a bye under Reid. Bills were 2-20 coming off a loss to the Dolphins. In retrospect, we shoulda seen that coming.

I'm still happy with 2-2 for now. We don't have the momentum, but who else (arizona) would you rather play than Cincy to rebound?

Be careful what you wish for.... Cincy has a very very good running game.

Ebenezer
09-29-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by NoRing4U
You can't beat semi-decent/good defenses. I think a lot of people here can agree with that. You lit up the Jags and the Pats with the luxury of their playbook and tendencies from Milloy. You think Milloy didn't know every weakness on that D?

I do remember saying somewhere that this team could be 1-3 out of the gate with the only win being Jax.