PDA

View Full Version : I wake up this morning and.....

The Spaz
09-29-2003, 06:35 AM
I'm sure some of you know already but I live in PA about 30 minutes from Philly. Anyway I turn on the TV this morning to watch the news and what do I hear, Just when Buffalo couldn't feel anymore shame they lose to the terrible eagles and the reporter was like I guess losing 4 superbowls and the wide right just wasn't bad enough. I am so peeved right now my god why would they even have to bring that up. It's early so I may be overrreacting but at this point I felt it pretty unneccessary. What do you think about it?:sadwalk: :cynic: :shutit:

Valerie
09-29-2003, 07:34 AM
Mondays always suck after the Bills lose. I feel your pain, Spaz. :pet: I have to hear about the 3-1 Redskins! :wail: If they Bills lose to the Skins in a few weeks, I'm not going to work and I won't turn the TV or radio on. lol

I hope your ugly Monday gets better! :)

R. Rich
09-29-2003, 07:39 AM
Philadelphia sports media and fans are like the arrogant, annoying relative at the family reunion; they're to be ignored. Remember, this is a town that loves to trash its sports icons while they're in town, then they love to deify them when they're not. They did that to Mike Schmidt, Charles Barkley, Wilt Chamberlain, Randall Cunningham, Eric Lindros, and a host of others. Let's not forget also that they were classy enough to boo Santa Claus and to cheer for the injured Michael Irvin. Yeah, what a great sports city!

NoRing4U
09-29-2003, 10:02 AM
Funny part about it to is your FG kicker missed and it went wide right :freako:

I was laughing my ass off ;)

Ð
09-29-2003, 10:05 AM
Was that before or after your boyfriend was done with it ?

Novacane
09-29-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by NoRing4U

Originally posted by Ð

:rofl:

Billsouth
09-29-2003, 11:26 AM
all i hear about now is the freakin panthers. u want to talk about bandwagon fans. the streets are lined with them here in carolina.

justasportsfan
09-29-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Ð

:rofl:

helmetguy
09-29-2003, 11:31 PM

If you were laughing your ass off, you'd have disappeared completely!

Dozerdog
09-29-2003, 11:35 PM

13 years ago. I guess we could bring up Mercury Morris crack head smack to stoop to your level if we want.

helmetguy
09-29-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
13 years ago. I guess we could bring up Mercury Morris crack head smack to stoop to your level if we want.

We couldn't possibly stoop that low. He's living proof that Darwin was right!

Billzz
10-01-2003, 03:49 PM
Try living in Tampa(Currently) or Texas during the early 90's SB runs. You guys have no idea what pain is until your friend drives a "Special Edition Cowboys" Ford F-150.

The_Philster
10-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Billzz
Try living in Tampa(Currently) or Texas during the early 90's SB runs. You guys have no idea what pain is until your friend drives a "Special Edition Cowboys" Ford F-150.

I feel for you. I was in Tech School in Wichita Falls during Super Bowl XXVIII and it seemed my entire dorm floor was Cowboys fans. :eek:

helmetguy
10-01-2003, 07:22 PM
They used to send the Messenger of the Watch down to my bunk and wake me up, just to tell me the Bills lost-AGAIN-during those 2-14 seasons. The best thing about poking holes in the North Atlantic during football season back then was not having to witness firsthand that the Bills were as bad as their record said they were!

Mr. Miyagi
10-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Uh hello? All I hear around here is the damn Packers, how they're still "the best team in football", even after losing to the Vikings AND the Cardinals. :angry:

I'm so sick and tired of the Cheeseheads, including my entire in-law family!!! :madcloud:

I hope the Vikes beat the crap out of them again at the dome, win the division and kick Cheeseheads out of playoffs. GO VIKINGS!!! http://webpages.charter.net/chrisandjason/hotlinks/smilies/govikes.gif

Billzz
10-01-2003, 09:41 PM
lol ok here goes. I was born and lived in Cheektowaga(outside buffalo) for 12 years, can you say Joe Fergusson?

Moved to Orlando Florida and spent a awful 3 years here hating humidity and rain everyday at 4 oclock sharp.(Where I really learned to hate Marino and the fins)

Moved to Cedarburg Wisconsin for 4 years.(Can you say Magic Man?)

Went to Texas for 5 years 91-96, don't need to say much there.

Now in Tampa for the last 6 years and I have just about reached my limits on hearing about "You need to be on the home team band wagon."

:dizzy:

BuffaloRanger
10-02-2003, 02:05 AM
In the army, wherever I go, there is always some guy who claims to be the fan of last SB champs and gets a kick out of ripping on the Bills and the city of Buffalo.

Funny thing is whenever this person is asked where he's from, the answer is always, "Iowa", "Nebraska", "Arkansas" etc. - someplace without an NFL team!! Nothing against those places, but don't trash an NFL team and a city that actually has one, if you grew up hundreds of miles away from an actual team.