PDA

View Full Version : No Pass Rush = No Wins

LtBillsFan66
09-29-2003, 08:00 AM
Damn. Where was the genius zone blitzing?

I don't blame GW for this loss. He didn't fumble. He didn't commit penalties.

BTW, some of those penalties were questionable. I'm not one to ***** about officials after a loss. The Spikes holding was BS. The Burns chop block was utter BS.

Back to the drawing board. I'm glad we have Cincy coming up.

ryven
09-29-2003, 08:03 AM
yes maybe it wasn't all GW's fault but he has to call for those blitzes so that was his fault.

LtBillsFan66
09-29-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by ryven
yes maybe it wasn't all GW's fault but he has to call for those blitzes so that was his fault.

Nope. Gray does.

Brian Griese Rulz
09-29-2003, 08:20 AM
You can't fire the players, you can fire the coach.

Boneheaded calls is why GW should be fired. And he makes alot of them.

I still don't know why he didn't call for a challenge when Reed caught the ball and the refs. called it incomplete. We were driving the ball. Instead we miss a FG.

LtBillsFan66
09-29-2003, 08:23 AM
True.

I don't think GW is head coach material. I don't think he cost us this game.

Maybe the refs said it was unreviewable or something. The damn review rules are not clear anymore. Or better stated, even more fuzzy than they were.

Ebenezer
09-29-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
You can't fire the players, you can fire the coach.

Boneheaded calls is why GW should be fired. And he makes alot of them.

I still don't know why he didn't call for a challenge when Reed caught the ball and the refs. called it incomplete. We were driving the ball. Instead we miss a FG.

It was a non-reviewable play.

Brian Griese Rulz
09-29-2003, 08:41 AM
Why was it non-reveiwable? He clearly caught the ball and his knee went down and then he fumbled.

Didn't they review it to see if it was a fumble?

R. Rich
09-29-2003, 09:31 AM
No DEs=no pass rush.

Schobel is decent, but has no rip move to get inside (all he does is try to run around the tackle to get the sack) and is a non-factor in the running game. Denney has shown flashes, but is not consistent. None of them seem able to stop the run and we're getting virtually NO push on the all-important third down!! Either they must improve in these areas or we need to get some players in there that can make a difference. Hopefully, they're just an adjustment or two away from correcting the problems.

don137
09-29-2003, 10:27 AM
reception attempts that are ruled incomplete by the officials on the field are non-reviewable but reception attempts that are ruled complete by the officials on the field are reviewable.

kirikong
09-29-2003, 10:45 AM
The I think that the true problem is the running game, for fault of an OL to little dir meager. ..i hope GW find a solution because if we do not run we cannot do nothing.

The defence should put more pressure, we did not DE better?