X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R. Rich
    • Apr 2003

"It's Only..."

I posted this on the Stadium Wall, and I'll do so here also. We should be careful of the "it's only..." syndrome. First, it was "it's only one game, and we're still tied for first". Now, it'll be "it's only 2 games, and we're just a half game out of first". If this continues, we'll "it's only.." our way through the entire season. The problems CAN be fixed, but we have to acknowledge that there are problems that need fixing!! We can't just say "everything's okay, calm down, there's nothing to worry about". There IS something to worry about:

WE HAVEN'T SHOWN THE ABILITY TO RUN THE FOOTBALL!!!!!!

I refuse to "it's only.." that issue away. What we need is for the line to get tough and start knocking people around (like they've been knocked around) and for the running backs to hit the holes and gain positive yards. Of course, we need to have a committment from Gilbride to run the ball first!

There's also something else we should pay some attention to:

WE HAVEN'T SHOWN THE ABILITY TO STOP TEAMS FROM RUNNING THE FOOTBALL ON US!!!!!!!!!!

Another issue we shouldn't "it's only.." away. Sam Adams was brought here to team up with Pat Williams and prevent teams from running up the gut on us. Well, 4 games into the season, we've been run on by teams that are doing just that-going up the middle! It's very disturbing. I'm sure these guys can come up with something that will work, they just need to do it and soon (like right now!!!)!!!
    Last edited by R. Rich; 09-29-2003, 08:10 AM.
  • ryven
    • Jan 2003

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

I also don't like the saying, "it was good to lose that game."

Comment

• jaja54
        • Aug 2003

I was just about to post the same thing. In the last 3 games your leading rusher has 26, 21 and 17 yards rushing. It's tough to win that way.

I saw yesterday's game and thought it looked a lot like the Jaguar game. Except that Philly has better players and won the Tim Of Posession stat, keeping Bledsoe (threw it out of bounds on 4th down?) off the field.

Well, at least you have Bengals and Jets next. That should be 2 wins for you. However, you better find a running game soon.

Comment

• R. Rich
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
          I also don't like the saying, "it was good to lose that game."

Yeah, really. What game is "good to lose"?

Comment

• R. Rich
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jaja54
            I was just about to post the same thing. In the last 3 games your leading rusher has 26, 21 and 17 yards rushing. It's tough to win that way.

I saw yesterday's game and thought it looked a lot like the Jaguar game. Except that Philly has better players and won the Tim Of Posession stat, keeping Bledsoe (threw it out of bounds on 4th down?) off the field.

Well, at least you have Bengals and Jets next. That should be 2 wins for you. However, you better find a running game soon.

I'm not counting ANY games as wins just yet. Why? We can't run; the Bengals can. The Jets can't run that well, but better than we have. We haven't had a good pass rush and we're still having trouble stopping the run. We do have a better pass defense, but if teams continue to run on us and control the clock, what good is it?

Comment

• jaja54
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by R. Rich
              I'm not counting ANY games as wins just yet. Why? We can't run; the Bengals can. The Jets can't run that well, but better than we have. We haven't had a good pass rush and we're still having trouble stopping the run. We do have a better pass defense, but if teams continue to run on us and control the clock, what good is it?
              True. I agree.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich
                Yeah, really. What game is "good to lose"?
                Any game that the Fish lose.
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

While that's nice and all Phil, we still need to take care of our business. I care more about this team getting ready to play than I do about other teams' records now.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Your premise is right on, Rich. We will win very few of our remaining games rushing for 20 some yards and giving up almost 180. That is THE recipe for disaster in this league.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                    X