PDA

View Full Version : Quote directly from Gregggggggg W.

eddiehaskill
09-29-2003, 09:00 AM
"We have to get back to starting fast."

Looks like we're in for more of the same in the near future. He still thinks that the best way to come out is with the pass, pass, pass mentality that has been getting us into trouble and will continue to. What ever happened to making wise decisions and slowing things down. For one, we keep our defense off the field and for two it keeps their offense off the field. Oh and by the way does he not think that our first drive, passing on (I believe) all 3 downs is attempting to come out fast? This guy is a contradicting, hypocritical ****** moron. Kevin Gilbrides whole philosophy is "starting fast". I want to see some smash mouth football. I want to see Sam Gash laying mother f***ers out and if we pick up 3 yards here 4 yards there I will be happy. Our offense is a joke. Anybody with a secondary that isn't ******ed will eat us alive. Mark my words. We will be lucky to have a break even record this season. Very Lucky. I dont even count the first two games because the opposing defenses weren't prepared. New England had no game film to study sicne it was week one and the Jaguars prepared for a running fury from us by putting 8 in the box. Under our current coaches we are a average team at best and the sad part is that our talent is way above average. What a shame!

fabolouspaul
09-29-2003, 09:15 AM
One of his other great quotes "We do better with a fast start." Too bad GW, we cant win the coin toss every single game.

Novacane
09-29-2003, 09:21 AM
Greg has a great sense for the obvious

Ebenezer
09-29-2003, 09:31 AM
2-0 when winning the toss and receiving...

0-2 when losing the toss and kicking...

tossing a coin is 50-50...does that doom us to an 8-8 start??

Novacane
09-29-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
2-0 when winning the toss and receiving...

0-2 when losing the toss and kicking...

tossing a coin is 50-50...does that doom us to an 8-8 start??

NO.............. but having Greeeeeg as our coach may doom us to an 8-8 season.

eddiehaskill
09-29-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

NO.............. but having Greeeeeg as our coach may doom us to an 8-8 season.

If we're lucky. I wouldn't be surprised if even the Bengals could be able to figure out our offensive plays. i know I do watching the game at home. Oh, but i didn't understand the problem. According to GW we just didn't come out firing. He needs to stop talking out of his ass and start making the necessary changes. Doesn't he realize that his comments are going to be read by knowledgable fans who know the game of football. "We just didn't execute" is not a tollerable answer. "we just dont need you as a coach" is my answer to that

NoRing4U
09-29-2003, 09:53 AM
Blame your lack of running game.

Marino couldn't do it without one, so what makes you think Bledsoe can?

eddiehaskill
09-29-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by NoRing4U
Blame your lack of running game.

Marino couldn't do it without one, so what makes you think Bledsoe can?

The problem is that we had one last year with the almost the same guys (except for 1) So it ahs to be there...somewhere

Did you ever realize that there is more to the running game than just the run like when to run and what formation to be in when running. that's up to the coaches my friend

fabolouspaul
09-29-2003, 09:57 AM
Interesting trend. Last year we won 1 game than lost one. We go on a 3 game winning streak, then we lose 3 in a row. Then it was win,lose,win, lose etc etc

This seasons trend so far....win 2, lose 2.

Stewie
09-29-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by eddiehaskill
"We have to get back to starting fast."

Looks like we're in for more of the same in the near future. He still thinks that the best way to come out is with the pass, pass, pass mentality that has been getting us into trouble and will continue to. What ever happened to making wise decisions and slowing things down. For one, we keep our defense off the field and for two it keeps their offense off the field. Oh and by the way does he not think that our first drive, passing on (I believe) all 3 downs is attempting to come out fast? This guy is a contradicting, hypocritical ****** moron. Kevin Gilbrides whole philosophy is "starting fast". I want to see some smash mouth football. I want to see Sam Gash laying mother f***ers out and if we pick up 3 yards here 4 yards there I will be happy. Our offense is a joke. Anybody with a secondary that isn't ******ed will eat us alive. Mark my words. We will be lucky to have a break even record this season. Very Lucky. I dont even count the first two games because the opposing defenses weren't prepared. New England had no game film to study sicne it was week one and the Jaguars prepared for a running fury from us by putting 8 in the box. Under our current coaches we are a average team at best and the sad part is that our talent is way above average. What a shame!

Umm, how are you going to play smashmouth with the OL we have?

We have 4 'left' tackles playing on our OL (incl. Williams). It's becoming more and more apparent that they can't runblock anybody. I see a lot of underproduction from the OL. It's been happening every game so far. We need help on the OL.

eddiehaskill
09-29-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by paulB

Umm, how are you going to play smashmouth with the OL we have?

We have 4 'left' tackles playing on our OL (incl. Williams). It's becoming more and more apparent that they can't runblock anybody. I see a lot of underproduction from the OL. It's been happening every game so far. We need help on the OL.

I know I know. it seems impossible. Those guys have to get something going. We cannot expect Travis Henry to break through 3 people and gain 12 yards every carry. Emmit Smith wouldn't have gotten nearly the stats he has if it weren't for an amaizng OL. But then again Barry Sanders made magic with his.

Historian
09-29-2003, 12:02 PM
Gregg is a horses ass. Sure makes you long for the days of Marv, whose press conferences sounded like Shakespearian sonnets and history lessons.

FIRE HIM!!!