• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

I love this little piece from one of Larry Felser's articles

Larry nailed it right on the head

I suspect that Wilson, watching from the owners’ box, was thinking to himself “what I lost paying for Wade Phillips not to coach here for a year I made up by not extending Gregg’s contract.”
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

I agree....now spend that money and bring in Tom Coughlin to discipline this team (and of course fire gr-EGG Head).

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

I'm not real high on Couglin but he would be a much better alternative than GW and he would definitely bring discipline to the team. My only question would be...seeing that Gilbride was his OC in Jacksonville, would he still retain him.??
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
        I'm not real high on Couglin but he would be a much better alternative than GW and he would definitely bring discipline to the team. My only question would be...seeing that Gilbride was his OC in Jacksonville, would he still retain him.??
        I believe KG left Jax to coach in SD...Did Coughlin have control of KG in Jax?? IMO, yes he did. KG is not an idiot if properly handled...again, gr-EGG either doesn't have the 'nads to do it or doesn't care.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

Too bad they didn't hire John Fox over GW when they had the chance. Fox has really turned Carolina around. They are a good QB away from being one of the best teams in the league. All the players constantly talk about how they believe in Fox. I don't hear the same about GW.

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

I don't think that he has the nads to harness KG or Drew...or Jerry Grey for that matter. That rushing 3 downlinemen on 3rd and 7 when we desperately needed to stop them was inexcusable.
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• imbondz
              Democrats are people too
              • Jan 2003

not a Coughlin fan. From what I hear, the players in Jax hated him. That's not what we need.
              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

I don't think that he has the nads to harness KG or Drew...or Jerry Grey for that matter.
                imo, all fireable offenses

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
                  Too bad they didn't hire John Fox over GW when they had the chance. Fox has really turned Carolina around. They are a good QB away from being one of the best teams in the league. All the players constantly talk about how they believe in Fox. I don't hear the same about GW.
                  This is funny. My friend mentioned this yesterday.

I said, you know, the same can be said about GW. Since he "turned around" a 3-13 team.

I'm no Panthers expert. Does Fox deserve all the credit?

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by don137
                    This is what REALLY gets me steamed...

Fox is 4-0 at Carolina
                    Lewis is 1-3, but has turned the Bungholes into a real team
                    Parcells is 2-2 with NOBODY
                    Mariucci is turning the Lions into a contender
                    Even that moron Tice has his Vikings at 4-0

At least our coach has an organized desk.

FIRE HIM!!!

Comment

• helmetguy
                      Touch the helmet for luck
                      • Sep 2002

Discipline, just for the sake of discipline appears to be at the very heart of GW's problems here. Accountability is sorely lacking; with GW being the lead culprit. HE has to be accountable for questionable (if not outright blatant failures of) judgement, and recognize the consequences MUCH SOONER than Monday Morning film review. By all indications, Coughlin and GW seem to be cut from the same cloth-"discipline for the sake of discipline." Sweating the small stuff (chin straps, wake up calls) have little to do with preparation or execution.
                      Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                      And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Hire Haslett or Schottenheimer next year after they are fired.

Comment

• helmetguy
                          Touch the helmet for luck
                          • Sep 2002

Schottenheimer-Yes!
                          Hazlett-I'm not so sure, but at least he wouldn't waste the talent we have.
                          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• BillsFever
                            Mr. Predictament
                            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by helmetguy
                            Schottenheimer-Yes!
                            Hazlett-I'm not so sure, but at least he wouldn't waste the talent we have.
                            Wouldn't waste the talent we have? Look at the talent he has had over the past few years with the Saints. What has he done with that talent?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

My only question would be...seeing that Gilbride was his OC in Jacksonville, would he still retain him.??
                              that's a very interesting question church.i don't recall if that relationship ended on a good note but some of the people in buffalo aren't too high on gilbride either.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X