• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phins054
    Legitimate businessman..."waste" management
    • Jul 2002

2-2

I'm seeing a LOT of panic here in Bills land after the loss to Philly. You guys are calling for Williams head in week 4...WEEK 4 for Gods sake.

Bottom line...You have new talent on Defense and it will take time to gel. Your top runner is out for ??? how long? It's still early and you are at 2-2. You have the Bungles next week which should get you back on track. Even without a running game.

If anything get a new OC because Gilbride is just too pass happy.

a 2-2 record doesn't mean abandon ship...
    Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff...
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

You were calling for Wannys after game one
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
      • Jul 2002

THANK YOU!

too bad it had to come from a fin fan... why is everyone so pessemistic.
      2 awesome games...
      1 horrid game (against Miami)...
      another loss against a GOOD philly team, where we really didnt play that badly. Didnt get lucky with turnovers, some BS penalties, a missed field goal - otherwise we would have won this game.

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Really didn't play badly? What facet of the game were we god at yesterday? Because I didn't see any good things in the game!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Jaded 7
          Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
          • Jul 2002

That's all true, Tanked, but I really didn't think the Bills defense was all that great yesterday either! How many tackles did they miss? I wasn't impressed with the offense or the defense in yesterday's game.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
          Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
          The only answer I found for all this hurt
          Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Ð
            1-800-SAD-GOAT
            • Jul 2002

Didn't score a frickin' point until the fourth qtr against a crappy Philly defense that have beeen blown out by lesser teams & you say we "didn't play that badly"

Smoke another doob, man

Comment

• Phins054
              Legitimate businessman..."waste" management
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz
              You were calling for Wannys after game one
              Some were...I wasn't. I don't really think that there are any other coaches available during this past offseason that are much better. Mariucci is a good coach, but I wouldn't say he's the missing piece. Honestly it really comes down to the talent of your team and their character (heart and determination). A coach can only keep a team focused and make the calls as far as FG or punt 1 or 2 pt conversions blah blah blah...

I think DCs and OCs are more important to team philosophy...
              Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

It isn't panic but posters merely pointing out what is wrong in every aspect of the team. I realize that even if the fins win against the giants , the bills are still very much in the thick of things.

No one is saying that our season is over. We just have our own individual opinions of what needs to be done whether we are qualified to do so or not. No one is jumping ship yet as far as what I've read.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

Again, please refer to the "It's Only..." thread I posted to know why I am upset. Panic? Not yet. I do think they need to work on some things. If not, here's what we'll be seeing each week:

"it's only the _th loss in a row and we're only __ games out of first"

eventually, we'll be seeing "it's only one more bad season".

Of course, if they get serious about correcting the problems they have, these 2 games may not matter at all. The main thing is to get to work on what hasn't been working too well, namely the running game, run defense, and the pass rush.

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Many fans are sick of the bad play calling, the appearance of coaches not rallying and getting the respect of the players (you as a fin fan know what I am talking about from your game against Houston), bad judgement and coaching decisions.

I think most of the issues is not with the defense and they have the majority of the new players other than Shaw who has done well so I don't think lack of time to gel is an issue. The OL has not gelled and is abominable in pass protection and run blocking. Pucillo is the only new addition so they have had time to gel but haven't. If you have a good OL it shouldn't matter who is running the ball.

Comment

• imbondz
                      Democrats are people too
                      • Jan 2003

if it was a case of playing well, just not getting any breaks, that's another story. But that's not what's happening. Our D gives up a ton of rushing yards, our O doesn't show up until 5 minutes left in the game. The play calling is attrocious. We have a non-existent running game. We have a ton of talent on the field not getting the job done. There's a lack of discipline - penalties, and no urgency or excitement on the field from the players.

it's tough to be positive. yeah we're 2-2, in second place. But, we have an excellent team that should be at least 3-1 and cruising into next weeks game, instead of limping.
                      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                        Really didn't play badly? What facet of the game were we god at yesterday? Because I didn't see any good things in the game!
                        The booing was pretty god at halftime.
                        Last edited by mchurchfie; 09-29-2003, 11:28 AM.
                        My Band
                        daveviterna.com

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
                          • Jul 2002

-I thought the defense did well after the first drive:
                          the second drive would have been stopped were it not for a BS penalty on Milloy on third to keep the drive alive... to hold a very good (they may not have been very good the first two games but they played well yesterday) to two more FGs during hte game isnt bad. The last TD was because we were (as we should have been) playing to contain at the first down line... anything breaks through there and the game is over anyways so why worry about breakout plays? We had a few chances for turnovers but the
                          balls didnt bounce our way - no major letdowns on defense.

-Special teams was respectable - Antonio Brown showed why he held a roster spot.

-Offense certainly sputtered due to lack or rhythm but when they got it back they looked dominant. Who thinks we dont win that game if it were 15 minutes longer?

-For those of you blaming coaching... you DO go for two late in the fourth to make it a one score game... you DO go for the TD on the inch line... he knows challenge rules better than me so i wont touch that.

Now Im not saying we played well, I just dont think we are as bad as everyone thinks. Why everyone is jumping ship at 2-2 after some of our tough games are behind us is beyond me.

Comment

• R. Rich
                            • Apr 2003

The whole "jumping ship" thing is what I don't get. If I post how frustrated I am at our inability to stop teams on third down and to pick up third downs ourselves, how is that "jumping ship"? Now, if I said "this team sucks; I think I'll root for the Carolina Panthers or the Indianapolis Colts", that would be "jumping ship". What I am doing, and a lot of others also, is voicing my opinion on the team I love more than ANY other team in sports!!

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
                              • Jul 2002

ok, sorry for the wording... i suppose i just dont think we should be as pessimistic as we are... well there are a million things we can do to improve, we are doing some things right and they deserve to be noted too. I look through the posts and see all negative aspects and it frustrates me.

Comment

Working...
                              X