PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomas

LtBillsFan66
09-29-2003, 11:14 AM
It looked like a throwback to last year's D with our 3rd corner playing up against their #1 or #2 WR.

LtBillsFan66
09-29-2003, 11:15 AM
We failed plenty on 3rd down. I would re-evaluate when we put in the nickle.

Billsouth
09-29-2003, 11:18 AM
btw, while winfield is a great tackler, he is not a great cover man. has he ever had an interception?

justasportsfan
09-29-2003, 11:19 AM
There was a particular play where the eagles were 3 and 2. McNabb threw a slant and Thomas hesitated and the wr' was able to lean in for the first down. Winfield would've gone full blast to prevent the 2 yd pick-up for a 1st down.

HenryRules
09-29-2003, 11:25 AM
It didn't seem to matter who our corners were on, none of them could cover.

The first pass play against Clements set the tone for the game.

don137
09-29-2003, 11:29 AM
In every game this year Thomas has been picked on and beaten much like Watson last year. Throw a number 21 on him and you would think he was Watson. I personally was excited about him going into the year because he finished so strong last year but he has regressed from the end of last year. You can't but think that TD was hoping Thomas would of progressed this year enough to replace Winfield. I am sure entering the season that was a factor in not offering Winfield a contract. After 4 weeks it is apparent he is not close to ready.

Tatonka
09-29-2003, 11:32 AM
kevin thomas = chris watson.

teams are owning him.. consistently.

Ebenezer
09-29-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
kevin thomas = chris watson.

teams are owning him.. consistently.

he's a small 6th round pick who plays off the WR by at least 8 yards and takes one step back...yes, sounds like Watson.

LtBillsFan66
09-29-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth
btw, while winfield is a great tackler, he is not a great cover man. has he ever had an interception?

Yes, lack of pick is a knock, but he is a good cover corner. He doesn't get beaten often. You can say he had a nose for the WR, not the ball.

fabolouspaul
09-29-2003, 12:48 PM
Just wondering...is Reese or Sidney still on the team? Id like to see Reese spending some time taking over Prioleaus spot.

venis2k1
09-29-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by fabolouspaul
Just wondering...is Reese or Sidney still on the team? Id like to see Reese spending some time taking over Prioleaus spot.

why, I think prioleau has been doing an outstanding job.

Bulldog
09-29-2003, 01:31 PM
Thomas obviously has not really played that well lately. That said, I was more dissappointed with Clements play yesterday than I was Thomas. The proclaimed "Nasty Nate" missed more than his fair share of tackles yesterday! And they were costly as at least one of them allowed the Eagles to convert on third down!