PDA

View Full Version : Is it really panic time?

vabillsfan
09-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Fellow Fanatics,

I live in the Washington DC area - and even at 3-1 folks here are talking about what a soft 3-1 team the Skins are.

We started strong in Buffalo, have stunk it up for two games. Its only 4 games in - can it not be possible that we are somewhere in between the world beaters we looked like for 2 and the Bengals we looked like for 2?

Are we really ready to call the season a wash, we'll only be 8-8 if we're lucky?

Have we broken that many ankles jumping off the bandwagon so fast?

I'm frustrated by our complete lack of offense - especially against beat up secondaries. I'm frustrated with our lack of a running game. I'm frustrated we started hot and got thrown in a frozen Lake Erie in the middle of January.

AND - I'm still holding out hope. For pete's sake - its 4 games and we're 1 behind the Dulfins - who we will eat up in December. 2 games against 2 patises gets us to 4-2 before we get the first place Skins.

Let's just see before we toss it all away. Come on folks - stop letting emotion rule. We have some ugliness for sure but sheesh - what a difference 2 weeks makes!

GO BILLS!

L.A. Playa
09-29-2003, 12:53 PM
we will go 12-4
a loss either in ny giants, kc, titans, ne 2-2

7-1 at home
5-3 on road

imbondz
09-29-2003, 12:58 PM
we're not panicking. Just pissed.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-29-2003, 01:23 PM
It is the typical fan reactions. If the Bills win the next three everyone will be reserving their Super Bowl tickets again.

L.A. Playa
09-29-2003, 01:27 PM
i think they will stay panicked until washington if we win that game then start getting psyched then if we lose to kc they will panic again just remeber guys this is a time for the team to come together and on any given sunday a team can win
the desire will be back and we will put together a long winning streak

LtBillsFan66
09-29-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
It is the typical fan reactions. If the Bills win the next three everyone will be reserving their Super Bowl tickets again.

lmao!

lordofgun
09-29-2003, 02:03 PM
Monday is vent day. :up:

Dolphinatic
09-29-2003, 02:10 PM
I, for one, am not yet panicking.

Pride
09-29-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by pmacla
we will go 12-4
a loss either in ny giants, kc, titans, ne 2-2

7-1 at home
5-3 on road

Keep dreaming!

L.A. Playa
09-29-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Pride

Keep dreaming!

Keep being a pessimist

seems like thats what alot of Bills fans like doing seeing the glass half empty and being negative

I am so glad I don't live in Buffalo anymore it has to be the most negative "woo is me" city in the world

root for your team they will go 12- 4

I always have hope even when we where 3-13

and i will say 12-4 till we lose 5

then I will say 11-5

Ð
09-29-2003, 02:24 PM
Is pot legal in CA ? Just asking...

L.A. Playa
09-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Ð
Is pot legal in CA ? Just asking...

Is there anything in Minnesota worth seeing or doing???? Just asking.......

12-4

L.A. Playa
09-29-2003, 02:27 PM
I guess sunny and 80 makes you appreciate life and appreciate entertainment. Football is entertainment not intended to creat ulcers

lordofgun
09-29-2003, 02:31 PM
Yesterday's game certainly wasn't entertaining.

The_Philster
09-29-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by pmacla
Is there anything in Minnesota worth seeing or doing???? Just asking.......

12-4
Why you asking him? :snicker: He lives in Ontario

shelby
09-29-2003, 05:33 PM
This seems to happen every year. We all tend to get our hopes up. i think all of TD's signings, coupled with the shutout against the Patriots opening weekend, gave us all a false sense of hope that the Bills were going to be one of the dominant teams in the league this year. Over the past two weeks, reality has set in and our flaws are coming to light. That is disappointing....and there is much *****ing and moaning and gnashing of teeth as a result.
i still think we can go 10 and 6 if the weaknesses of the team are addressed ASAP.
:gobills:

helmetguy
09-29-2003, 10:11 PM
I think part of that false sense of hope comes from the misguided notion that, given the infusion of talent, GW and Co. would have grown enough in their repective jobs to know how to make the best use of it. I think it was Eb who commented that GW made considerable noise about defense and discipline. Considering the noise he made, this year is put up or shut up for him. If the only noise that comes out of that gaping wound under his nose is going to be platitudes about "having to get better," I'd much rather that he WOULD shut up...at least until he puts up.

MDFINFAN
09-29-2003, 11:23 PM
It's hard to come in here and everyone so down about a team that's 2-2 and one game behind, actually a half game behind, Miami hasn't played yet. I hope the phins ends the trend of the NFLE beating the AFCE teams..This is crazy, we're suppose to be the toughest Division in Football, it seem the AFCW is the strongest other than SD in the AFC. you guys have Cincy, and the Jets next. While Cincy is getting better, they will be without Dillon, which should help your run D..and you guys O came back to life in the 4th quarter of the last game..You'll be back on the winning track soon and all those broken legs will have to slide back on the BW. Good luck and lets get back to talking football.

helmetguy
09-30-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
It's hard to come in here and everyone so down about a team that's 2-2 and one game behind, actually a half game behind, Miami hasn't played yet. I hope the phins ends the trend of the NFLE beating the AFCE teams..This is crazy, we're suppose to be the toughest Division in Football, it seem the AFCW is the strongest other than SD in the AFC. you guys have Cincy, and the Jets next. While Cincy is getting better, they will be without Dillon, which should help your run D..and you guys O came back to life in the 4th quarter of the last game..You'll be back on the winning track soon and all those broken legs will have to slide back on the BW. Good luck and lets get back to talking football.

This has been brewing practically since GW announced he was scrapping the third ranked defense in the NFL for a "scheme" that had his Tennessee defense ranked first in the NFL the same year (while forgetting to mention that that Defense feasted on the dregs of the old AFC Central-offensive juggernauts like Cleveland, Baltimore and, of course, Cincinnati). The result? 3-13. Up here, respect and loyalty are earned. It's either put up or shut up. So far, he has yet to put up.

SABURZFAN
09-30-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Dolphinatic
I, for one, am not yet panicking.

wait until December.

Brian H
09-30-2003, 02:09 AM
I think if you expected us to go 16-0 your living in a dream world.I know these past 2 games we should have won but I would rather lose by those margins than lose by 31 points each game.Trust me if we were blown out we would have alot more people jumping ship. I just hope we get all the mistakes out of the way now and learn from them and have a better gameplan heading into the playoff race.

helmetguy
09-30-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Brian H

I just hope we get all the mistakes out of the way now and learn from them and have a better gameplan heading into the playoff race.

More false hope. In his entire tenure as Headuphisass Coach in Buffalo, what possible evidence has GW provided that he is able to make corrections? Early on, he played the hand he was dealt; having to deal with the after effects of Salary Cap Hell. The following year, his solution was to bring in one of his retread Titan cronies at LB, and grudgingly let go of a couple of his "teacher/ coach" cronies that came to Buffalo with him. The This year, TD has provided him with quality defensive personnel to compliment what, last year, looked like a fairly stout offense. The offense has taken a powder the last two weeks. The defense can't get off the field on third down, and the second halves of games are mirror images of the first halves. If GW is unwilling to make the changes, the changes will have to be made for him...with him the first one OUT THE DOOR.