PDA

View Full Version : Hire Norv Turner

STAMPY
09-29-2003, 09:06 PM
if gw doesn't turn things around by season end. i think he'd work great here. he was the head coach of skins prior to spurrier and i think is currently san diego's offensive coor. what do u guys think?

Dozerdog
09-29-2003, 09:10 PM
Ummmm....he's Miami's OC

STAMPY
09-29-2003, 09:13 PM
oh lol

Ð
09-29-2003, 09:19 PM
:D

outtawack311
09-29-2003, 09:24 PM
I am sorry, we arent going to give him up.

TigerJ
09-29-2003, 10:04 PM
Are you talking head coach? It used to be that anyone could hire any coach away from any other team as long as the position you were hiring him for was considered a step up. I think the NFL has tightened things up a bit so it's no longer quite as easy to hire another team's assistant coaches.

STAMPY
09-29-2003, 10:14 PM
ya if his boy wannstat who got him the job does get fired as expected if they don't get to the big dance... norv will likely be let go or would want to move on... head coach is a promotion... plus we steal from competition again

LtBillsFan66
09-29-2003, 10:19 PM
We should hire Vince Lombardi.

STAMPY
09-29-2003, 10:20 PM
isn't he dead?

STAMPY
09-29-2003, 10:21 PM
i say thurman thomas should coach us

LtBillsFan66
09-29-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
isn't he dead?

Oh. Silly me. I was getting carried away.

Bufftp
09-29-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
We should hire Vince Lombardi.
isn't he dead?

he'd still be a step up.

MDFINFAN
09-29-2003, 10:52 PM
isn't he dead?

You were kiddin, weren't you? :freako:

Ð
09-29-2003, 10:55 PM
Knute Rockne

STAMPY
09-30-2003, 12:07 AM
he's dead rite?

Ð
09-30-2003, 12:08 AM
Nope, he's only half-dead...like dead lite

The_Philster
09-30-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
You were kiddin, weren't you? :freako:

Maybe, maybe not.

PhinPhan1227
09-30-2003, 09:55 AM
if gw doesn't turn things around by season end. i think he'd work great here. he was the head coach of skins prior to spurrier and i think is currently san diego's offensive coor. what do u guys think?

ROFL!! Damn that's funny. Actually, if Miami tanks again this season, Norve will most likely be the Phins HC in 2004. So if you want him you'll have to root for the Phins to make the AFCCampionship game at least!!:shake:

justasportsfan
09-30-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

ROFL!! Damn that's funny. Actually, if Miami tanks again this season, Norve will most likely be the Phins HC in 2004. So if you want him you'll have to root for the Phins to make the AFCCampionship game at least!!:shake:

Norv would get the running game going for the bills. HIs system relies on the run to open up the passing game the way it should be w/ this team.

If Wanny is gone, do you think the fins would promote him to run the entire team? I think Norv is a good OC but some people might be good as just coord than HC as I implied in another thread.

Norv would leave Miami if a HC job is offered to him. If Wanny is let go and the fins don't offer him the HC job, he will leave just like he left the Chargers when they offered Shot. the job.

PhinPhan1227
09-30-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Norv would get the running game going for the bills. HIs system relies on the run to open up the passing game the way it should be w/ this team.

If Wanny is gone, do you think the fins would promote him to run the entire team? I think Norv is a good OC but some people might be good as just coord than HC as I implied in another thread.

Norv would leave Miami if a HC job is offered to him. If Wanny is let go and the fins don't offer him the HC job, he will leave just like he left the Chargers when they offered Shot. the job.

Barring someone with a bigger name being available, Norve would be offered the job if Wanny was fired. Wayne H isn't going to go after a college coach unless he's top tier, and I don't see there being any other Pro-coaches available at the end of this season. Also, the fans love the job Norve has done so far. I don't think they'd give him GM power(which I don't think 90% of head coaches should have anyway), but I certainly see him getting the HC job.

TedMock
09-30-2003, 01:51 PM
Guys, let me just refresh everyone's memory. NORV SUCKED AS A HEAD COACH IN WASHINGTON!!! He's a great OC as he proved in Dallas and has done in Miami but he's way to dry and dull to be the motivator you need at the head job. He's the offensive version of Wade Phillips. Wade was an outstanding DC but not really HC material. GW may very well fall into that category. He was a very successful DC in the NFL before coming here. We have 12 games to see if he can turn it around or end up another Wade.

Disgustipatex
09-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Why dont you all lure Marv Levy back? Oh, wait, he's been legally dead since 1995, and is really a vampire, Al Davis style.

justasportsfan
09-30-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Disgustipatex
Why dont you all lure Marv Levy back? Oh, wait, he's been legally dead since 1995, and is really a vampire, Al Davis style.

Don Shula is Marv's ***** just like Marino is Kelly's ***** :snicker:

Disgustipatex
09-30-2003, 02:26 PM
And Kelly DEFINATELY was someones *****. How else could someone like him get into the Hall of Fame? Why not just put other stand-in QB's in a system into the HOF? How long until Kurt Warner is in?

The Spaz
09-30-2003, 02:28 PM
And Kelly DEFINATELY was someones *****. How else could someone like him get into the Hall of Fame? Why not just put other stand-in QB's in a system into the HOF? How long until Kurt Warner is in?

How many Superbowls was Dan mariono Part of? Case closed!:rolleyes:

justasportsfan
09-30-2003, 02:31 PM

Wait a minute what happened to your MARV comment? Tell you what let's leave it at the Marv subject. Do the fins have a winning record against Marv? No! Does Shula have a winning record against Marv ? No!. Before you start smacking about Marv, make sure you know what you are talking about.

The_Philster
09-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Wait a minute what happened to your MARV comment? Tell you what let's leave it at the Marv subject. Do the fins have a winning record against Marv? No! Does Shula have a winning record against Marv ? No!. Before you start smacking about Marv, make sure you know what you are talking about.
C'mon, justa :rolleyes: You know that takes something Fish fans don't have...common sense. ;)

Earthquake Enyart
09-30-2003, 06:16 PM
Actually, Norv's brother wouldn't be a bad hire. His name escapes me, but he is HC at the Univ. of Ill. and was a coordinator for the Bears some years ago.

The_Philster
09-30-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Actually, Norv's brother wouldn't be a bad hire. His name escapes me, but he is HC at the Univ. of Ill. and was a coordinator for the Bears some years ago.

That would be Ron Turner (http://fightingillini.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/turner_ron00.html)

ublinkwescore
09-30-2003, 06:26 PM
:nerd: :homer: