PDA

View Full Version : Wiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllliiisssssss!!!!!

BidsJr
09-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Someone has to start this thread! Should be the most hyped first rounder since Bruce or Jimbo. There is a Stallion on the bench just waiting for the storyline to match up with his return.

I don't know about you all but I have been waiting for this one for weeks! Before the draft this year Willis was said to have the best skills coming out since Payton. Onlytime will tell/

Ð
09-29-2003, 09:57 PM
What you talkin about, Willis ?

http://www.dodgerblues.com/images/lookalikes/gary_coleman.jpg

STAMPY
09-29-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Ð
What you talkin about, Willis ?

http://www.dodgerblues.com/images/lookalikes/gary_coleman.jpg

haha that was funny... i used to love that show.... tragic show... like half the cast died or got arrested

SABURZFAN
09-30-2003, 02:14 AM
i wouldn't risk willis with this OL.they stink.

Indy Bills Fan
09-30-2003, 03:26 AM
I just hope they don't rush him along because we aren't running well right now. He needs to be 100% before they should use him. And I wouldn't expect him to be himself for the whole year. It takes at least a year and a half to two years to fully recover from such a devastating injury. That being said....I can't wait to see him when he's ready.

ryven
09-30-2003, 07:41 AM
I tend to agree I would like to see willis on the field by week 8 and if at all possible 7. Though I do agree that it takes at least a year and a half for normal sircomestaces(sp?) his recovery has been anything but normal he has progressed alot quicker than expected and continues on the fast track I say if he is ready let him play. On the thought of the OL stick sullivan back on the field we need a run blocking RG to have this power running game and he was getting better in his pass blocking as the year went on and again if we are running most of the time he doesn't have to be the best pass protector.

justasportsfan
09-30-2003, 08:09 AM
Not even the Flash can do anything w/ Gilbride there.

A pretty accurate assesment...

Leo: The Bills are lacking an offensive identity, and it’s a multi-faceted problem. The team has an offensive coordinator in Gilbride who wants to pass, a GM in Tom Donahoe who wants to run and a head coach in Williams who just wants to keep his job. Passing deep to pedestrian tight end Mark Campbell on third-and-1 early in the fourth quarter showed just how badly Gilbride has given up on the running game.

From the front page
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/0930491UP9C_leosal30_bills.shtml

BidsJr
09-30-2003, 08:21 AM
I can't tell you how many times during the game that I stood up and screamed RUN THE #&*#*&#*$ BALL #($*@#)!!

,,i,, gilbride

R. Rich
09-30-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Not even the Flash can do anything w/ Gilbride there.

A pretty accurate assesment...

Leo: The Bills are lacking an offensive identity, and it’s a multi-faceted problem. The team has an offensive coordinator in Gilbride who wants to pass, a GM in Tom Donahoe who wants to run and a head coach in Williams who just wants to keep his job. Passing deep to pedestrian tight end Mark Campbell on third-and-1 early in the fourth quarter showed just how badly Gilbride has given up on the running game.

From the front page
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/0930491UP9C_leosal30_bills.shtml

Good post, justa. Howard Simon's postgame show mentioned that also: they talked about the team's offensive identity. From what I've seen, I'd have to say their identity is......................I don't know. I know the defense is faster and more athletic, but I don't know how you would identify this offense. We were told they'd be more run oriented, yet there hasn't been a committment to the run and may not be given the circumstances. Passing team? Well, Bledsoe is off to a decent start yardage wise, but the mistakes are still there from him and now the protection is starting to show weakness, not to mention the inconsistency of the WR corps (WAY too many drops!!). Given all those factors, that's why I just don't know what this team's identity is on offense.

justasportsfan
09-30-2003, 08:44 AM
This O hasn't changed from last year. When the opposition scores first, Gilbride panics and throws the ball. Against the Pats and Jags we scored first. Although the run didn't work much against the Jags yardage wise, it opened up the passing game. With the Jags stacking the line, it made this team one dimensional in our favor.

I don't mind being 1 dimensional that way, rather than being 1 dimensional because we "abandoned" the run to the point that D's don't even bother stacking the line because they know we're not gonna run anyways even if there was 1 Dlineman @ the LOS.

colin
09-30-2003, 11:21 AM
We might fire our first round pick on a guard or WR, and get one or two of the other in FA next year.

Still, we should press into the playoffs this year.

ryven
09-30-2003, 11:23 AM
We also have to sign winfield and if I am correct pat williams to keep quality players around.