PDA

View Full Version : Possible Good News For Us Curtis Martin May Be In A Cowboys Uniform In 2 Weeks

Brian H
09-30-2003, 02:12 AM
I am hearing that a trade is extremely close between the Jets and the Cowboys for Curtis Martin.Take it now as a rumor but a strong one because we all know that the Jets are becoming less happy with Martin week by week and the Cowboys think he can fit into the Tuna's system alot better than there current running backs.I will keep you guys updated if I hear anything else........

What do you guys think of this???

Ickybaluky
09-30-2003, 03:18 AM
The Jets don't have the cap room to make this deal. They paid Curtis a $10M signing bonus last year on an extension, and his base salary this season is only the $655K minimum. That means they would take a cap hit of about $8.5M on the cap to trade him, room they don't have.

That trade is impossible.

kardshark19
09-30-2003, 03:24 AM
Where and when did you hear this?

As of late, it seems that Dallas is running the ball more and more with Hambrick, and he has been looking better as of late. He ran for 127 and 1 TD this past Sunday.

northernbillfan
09-30-2003, 03:30 AM
And this is NFL news not Bills news, regardless of the implications it may have in the division.

Dozerdog
09-30-2003, 09:53 AM
Why is this good news? I want to face a washed up Curtis Martin instead of Gordon

Dozerdog
09-30-2003, 10:06 AM
BTW- What happened with Bills Report, Brian? I thought you guys were their official forum. i see they changed the link on their front page from your place to their old Shout! Forum...what happened?

Brian H
09-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Where I found the story http://www.footballhuddles.com/showarticle.php?threadid=7940