PDA

View Full Version : I'm Pissed

northernbillfan
09-30-2003, 05:03 AM
This is ludicrous, and I say stop it.

We can't be calling for someones head after 2 losses to somewhat better teams. The Eagles played in last years NFC championship, it was only a matter of time before they found their groove. The Fins exploited the awe that set in on some of the Bills player when they played in prime time for the first time.

Get over it, we have 14 more games to focus on starting with Cincy on Sunday. If we lose that game, then, and only then, are you allowed to hunt Williams down and publicly sacrifice him. Until that moment happens, you are to refrain from building the pyre. You can get the wood ready, but don't pile it up just yet.

The_Philster
09-30-2003, 05:05 AM
Try being at the games in person and seeing no desire out of the team. That's on Williams.
Then the whole putting in a RG who couldn't block a High School CB just tops it off to make Williams look like a moron.

SABURZFAN
09-30-2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
This is ludicrous,We can't be calling for someones head after 2 losses to somewhat better teams.

it was ludicrous that he still had his job after he punted on 4th and 2 at new england's 32 last year.

Historian
09-30-2003, 05:59 AM

We can't be calling for someones head after 2 losses to somewhat better teams.

All kidding aside...I personally don't think those teams are better than us. I really don't. I think in most people's minds its 23 losses,
not 2, and as Phil points out, its the WAY we lost the two this year that is so disheartening.

At the beginning of the year, I wrote an article about how the Pats game was pretty much a must win, and that the first quarter of the season was very difficult. I'm actually pleased at 2-2, and still feel this is a 10-6 team that can make the playoffs if it goes 4-2 in the division, but I'm also thinking that with a little discipline and some heart, they could easily be 3-1 or 4-0. Unfortunately, in their two losses, they have barely showed up...and that, to me, is coaching.

Ebenezer
09-30-2003, 11:30 AM

We can't be calling for someones head after 2 losses to somewhat better teams. The Eagles played in last years NFC championship, it was only a matter of time before they found their groove. The Fins exploited the awe that set in on some of the Bills player when they played in prime time for the first time.

Get over it, we have 14 more games to focus on starting with Cincy on Sunday. If we lose that game, then, and only then, are you allowed to hunt Williams down and publicly sacrifice him. Until that moment happens, you are to refrain from building the pyre. You can get the wood ready, but don't pile it up just yet.

my opinions are not based on two games...they are based on a resume he has built over the last 2+ seasons.

NC-BILLS44
09-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Please check your math. 14 games left?? Do we now have an 18 game schedule?

Ð
09-30-2003, 12:01 PM
He lost it in the metric conversion...It's a Canadian thing, eh ?

The_Philster
09-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Billsology
Unfortunately, in their two losses, they have barely showed up...and that, to me, is coaching.

That's the key right there. They barely showed up. We sat through that 3-13 season a few years back with less talent but the little talent we had showed up!! In that one drive towards the end of the game, Shaw and Moulds were casually strolling back to the LOS!! WTF is up with that? :madcurse:

Jan Reimers
09-30-2003, 05:19 PM
If we lose Sunday, GW should be fired before the Bengals team bus leaves the parking lot.

HAMMER
09-30-2003, 11:06 PM
Jan is right, if the Bills drop this game Williams head should roll. Coming out flat against a very depleted Eagle team is inexcusable. The same mistakes are taking place week after week, bad penalties, no discipline. Bledsoe needs a good QB coach to work with him on a consistent basis. I have never, ever been a Gilbride fan. I live in SD and cringed when I heard he was going to Buffalo, he has always sucked. Now I know all I need to about why Buddy smacked him, TD needs to bust his lip open too!LeBeau could take over with virtually no lapse in any regard, same systems all the way around. The players will respond, it is obvious Williams is not getting it out of them now. As you know it is win now in this league, we have the horses, now we need the jockey to ride em to the winners circle.

Sorry, but he has had the opportunity and not cashed it. Lose to the Bengals and you can say good bye GW.

billsfan80
09-30-2003, 11:22 PM
i think Mr. Wilson should meet him on the field after the game and fire him in front of everyone if we lose

Dannyboy
09-30-2003, 11:54 PM
I have been very very patient with Williams. I said give him a chance. But he really does suck. He flip-flops on a vision for this team more than a fish thrown up on the bank. Get rid of him now. "Let's do it now, while we got the muscle" (The Godfather II). :pow:

Dozerdog
10-01-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
Please check your math. 14 games left?? Do we now have an 18 game schedule?

He's Canadian. Maybe we have Hamilton and Saskatchewan to close out the CFL 18 week schedule.

SABURZFAN
10-01-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

He's Canadian. Maybe we have Hamilton and Saskatchewan to close out the CFL 18 week schedule.

at this rate,i don't think Gee Dubya has what it takes to coach a win against either team.

northernbillfan
10-01-2003, 02:11 AM
Alright let me clear this up. When I mentioned the fact that we still had 14 games left it was a typo, because I was thinking we can still reach 14-2!!!

Given the fact that we still have to play Washington, KC and Indy, I don't see that happening, but 14-2 was going through my mind at the time.

However this thread is still filled with the very negativity I was trying to quell. I still think the entire Buffalo Bills coaching staff is capable of taking this team to the next level. Two of the Biulls newest additions to the coaching staff are former head coaches, Dick LeBeau and Les Steckel. Throw Gilbride into the mix and we have 3 former head coaches on our staff. Surely they can get this team to shine!

mchurchfie
10-01-2003, 05:06 AM
However this thread is still filled with the very negativity I was trying to quell. I still think the entire Buffalo Bills coaching staff is capable of taking this team to the next level. Two of the Biulls newest additions to the coaching staff are former head coaches, Dick LeBeau and Les Steckel. Throw Gilbride into the mix and we have 3 former head coaches on our staff. Surely they can get this team to shine!

LeBeau never had a winning season, he's a good DC but is not HC material. Gilbride did absolutely nothing while at San Diego and IMO is a huge part of the problem here now. Steckel only lasted a short time as a HC. He is a former Marine and ran a drill camp that would make what GW ran his first year look like Boy Scout Camp...the players hated him there. I agree with Eb, I base my opinions on GW based over the last two years. Its not so much THAT they lost the last two games but its HOW they lost that makes it very disheartening. The lack of discipline on this team is inexcusable and is a clear sign that GW has lost, not only the players, but the other coaches also.

casdhf
10-01-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Try being at the games in person and seeing no desire out of the team.

Did you even watch the 4th quarter of that game?

mybills
10-01-2003, 09:09 AM
LOL...there was a Chargers fan at the bar where I watched the 2nd half of the game...he stuck up for GW when I said he sucks!
Did I mention he was a Chargers fan? :evil:

mchurchfie
10-01-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by mybills
LOL...there was a Chargers fan at the bar where I watched the 2nd half of the game...he stuck up for GW when I said he sucks!
Did I mention he was a Chargers fan? :evil:
:lol:Ask him how he liked having Kevin Gilbride for a head coach.:snicker:

Buckets
10-01-2003, 11:09 AM

OH NO! not negativity. Maybe its rubbing off from the team.

Have you ever wondered why all the assistants are all EX head coaches?

lordofgun
10-01-2003, 11:13 AM
Look what Parcells is doing with much less talent in Dallas.

mchurchfie
10-01-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Look what Parcells is doing with much less talent in Dallas.

Who would you rather face coming off the field after a holding penalty...Williams or Parcells?? Parcells could intimidate my grandmother into becoming an All-Pro.:snicker:

HenryRules
10-01-2003, 02:34 PM
Parcells does not have much less talent. People completely underestimated Dallas coming into this season.

They already had a solid D last year, and with their upgraded receivers, some health along the OL, and Carter becoming the QB he's capable of, I don't see why people are suprised at their success.

Pride
10-01-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Parcells does not have much less talent. People completely underestimated Dallas coming into this season.

They already had a solid D last year, and with their upgraded receivers, some health along the OL, and Carter becoming the QB he's capable of, I don't see why people are suprised at their success.

Or are all of these things happening because of the coach? You forget, the same people were in place last year, you think just because a year went by they magically got better?

no no.. it is the coach

HenryRules
10-01-2003, 02:55 PM
I do think Parcells had something to do with it, but a lot <i>is</i> due to another year going by or new players.

Their receivers were not all in place last year - Terry Glenn is new, and Bryant is older.

Health on the OL was not there last year.

Carter is in his 3rd or 4th year, typically the year that QB's blossom.

Hambrick was never going to get an opportunity as long as Emmitt was around and Emmitt would be around as long as he was close to the record.

The defense, as I said, was solid (top-10 IMO) last year.

The_Philster
10-01-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
Did you even watch the 4th quarter of that game?

Yeah...and I noticed how Moulds and Shaw just :angry: strolled back to the LOS after a play...on a drive that was meant to get a quick score. :madcurse:

Ebenezer
10-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
at this rate,i don't think Gee Dubya has what it takes to coach a win against either team.

...or be president of the US...

...oooppsss, wrong thread...:snicker:

timfromjersey
10-01-2003, 06:43 PM
originally posted by northernbillsfan
The Eagles played in last years NFC championship, it was only a matter of time before they found their groove.

You call that game by Philly "(finding) their groove" with that secondary and still subpar performance by Mcnabb. He only hurt us principally with his feet. His passing still wasn't that good (Rush.) Unless Philly actually gameplans defensive penalties, I would say that they, with the help of mucho penalties could only scroung up a paltry 17 pts until gross holding by Philly allowed that last scoring run.

LeBeau and Steckel huh? And what was their win/loss record as head coaches?

Insert Parcells or Dungy in their place, then I might have some enthusiasm.

helmetguy
10-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Look what Lebeau had to work with.
Now, look what GW has to work with.
If LeBeau can get more out of what we have now, I'm all for it.
Right now, GW has a lot more than he had previously, and is getting the same, or less out of 'em.