• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Mnf!

It's been a while since I've seen Madden this critical. He really tore apart the Bear play calling of John Schoop. "The option is not a play that will work in the NFL"

New Soldier Field looks cool once you are in it, but from the outside
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

i miss the good ol' days when he was a raving lunatic pacing the sidelines.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• R. Rich
      • Apr 2003

I'm not a fan of Madden or MNF, for that matter. Maybe when he quits, and they put on better games instead of big city teams all the time, I'll watch it more. For now, the football week ends for me when the Sunday night game ends (unless the Bills would play on Monday night, of course).

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich
        I'm not a fan of Madden or MNF, for that matter. Maybe when he quits, and they put on better games instead of big city teams all the time, I'll watch it more. For now, the football week ends for me when the Sunday night game ends (unless the Bills would play on Monday night, of course).
        I'm not either, unless it's a good game. But Madden has been so bland the last few years that I found it unusual for him to be this critical. I liked it.

Comment

• R. Rich
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

I'm not either, unless it's a good game.
          Therein lies the problem for ABC. They want their guaranteed audience, so they put on the big market teams all the time (Dallas, New York, Chicago, etc.) and don't even attempt to match them up with someone good, which is how you get these Dallas vs. Arizona games almost every year on MNF. I think a lot of their problems have been the matchups they get, which lead to blowouts and/or 'ugly games' where no team can score and the play is sloppy. The problem is not in the booth, which is why Madden has not made a big difference in their declining ratings. The problem is on the field; these games just plain SUCK!! Until they fix that problem, it's not MNF for me: it's FMN!

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Lisa Guerrero is absolutely terrible!!!

Comment

• Ð
              1-800-SAD-GOAT
              • Jul 2002

Actually, week 1 (TB shut out Philly) is what football's all about.
              Week 2 (NYG getting beat in OT by Dallas) was about as exciting as you could get.
              Week 3 was enjoyable (any game where the Raider get whupped is)
              Last night was almost as bad as watching the Bills play the last two weeks

Madden had to whip out the tellustrator too play tic tac toe to make it more exciting

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                Lisa Guerrero is absolutely terrible!!!

Nice cans, though

Comment

• Ð
                  1-800-SAD-GOAT
                  • Jul 2002

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Al Michaels, usually somewhat knowlegable, really fumbled all over the Hockey guys on the sideline.

There was a 4th quarter sideline shot of Brett Hull. Michaels called him Bobby Hull, then corrected himself. The camera pans back and he Identifies Chris Chelios, and he kept fumbling about trying to get the team they currently play for (Detroit).

Then a third face gets into the shot, and he called him Paul Coffey- (turns out it was his agent)

Finally, he goes into a diatribe on how How "while Hockey is great, and I'm an avid fan- in Hockey it's so hard to recognize the players because of the face masks they wear"

DUMBASS! If you were talking Goalies, sure... but he's announcing a FOOTBALL GAME where everyone is not only wearing masks, but full body armor!

Comment

• Ð
                      1-800-SAD-GOAT
                      • Jul 2002

That wasn't anyone's agent it was Steve Duchesne of the Red Wings

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

That's even funnier- because after he admitted he didn't know who the guy he called "Paul Coffey" was, he said "We'll get back to you on who those guys are"

5 minuteds later, he tried to correct his errors (he had a laundry list) and he identified him as the agent.

Comment

• Ð
                          1-800-SAD-GOAT
                          • Jul 2002

Yeah, Ally & I were killing ourselves trying to figure out who it was...Tom Reich (Chelios's, Hull's & Mario Lemieux's) agent is an older, grey bearded fella.

Duschesne looks like that guy from 3 men & a baby...gutenberg ?

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Next week's game should be a good one...Tampa vs. Indy. Dungy coaching against his old team and both teams are still highly ranked in the league
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                            X