PDA

View Full Version : BZFFL#1 Week 3 Recap

lordofgun
09-24-2002, 11:03 PM
BZFFL#1 Week 3 Recap
Two remain unbeaten

Lake Eerie Monsters (SB43) - 72
ebenezer - 108

ebenezer (3-0) keeps on rolling. It was basically a one man show on Sunday as Donovan McNabb scored 41 points. Anthony Thomas pitched in 23 and made this match-up a no contest. Payton Manning was the high scorer for the Lake Eerie Monsters (1-2) as he racked up 22. The monsters had a very disappointing day from their RBs, who combined for only 9 points in the loss. ebenezer now opens up a 2-game lead in the Central.

The Route 20A Cows (Philagape) - 88
Yonkers Platypi Trappers (BF1) - 73

The other undefeated, The Route 20A Cows (3-0), had a tougher time of it. The All-Bills Yonkers Platypi Trappers (1-2) nearly came out with another improbable win. Ricky Williams keeps rolling along for the Cows. He scored 23, and the Packers D added 19, which allowed them to get away with a 10-point performance from Rodney Peete. Once again, Bledsoe led the way for the Trappers. Moulds and Price chipped in double-digits as well.

The Mean Sharks (lordofgun) – 53
Hart Attack (Don137) - 95

Hot on the heels of the Cows is Hart Attack (2-1), who remain just one game back in the East. The Attack continues to benefit from the great play of both Aaron Brooks, and the Dolphins D. They scored 35 and 25 respectively. The Mean Sharks (0-3) have lost whatever small semblance of a bite they had, as the only starter (or bench player) in double-digits was Antowain Smith.

Rochester Rampage (Mike32282) – 107
clumping platelets – 100

The Rochester Rampage (2-1) stormed into a 3-way tie for the wide-open Western Division lead. Lamar Smith continued his surprising season and Brett Favre had another Favre day as they both scored 28. Rod Smith also contributed with 15 points in the win. The clumping platelets (0-3) are this league’s version of the Rams. Many had considered them the favorites before the season began, but that’s why they play the games. It’s tough to score 100 points and lose, but that’s exactly what happened to the cellar-dweller in the West.

Ferdilizers (CalBillsFan) - 62
Aero Planes (Aero II) - 106

The Aero Planes (2-1) absolutely destroyed the formerly undefeated Ferdilizers (2-1). The Planes are now the highest scoring team in the league, averaging over 100 points per game thanks in part to Priest Holmes, who is now considered by many to have replaced Marshall Faulk as the most valuable fantasy player in the game. Holmes again scored in the 30’s, while the surprisingly good Chargers D which has also been solid all year, lit it up for 23. Anytime Jeff Garcia only scores 3 points, it’s going to be tough for the Ferdilizers to win anything. With Ahman Green injured, Ferdilizers went on bad advice by starting his supposed backup, Rondell Mealey. It turned out that Mealey did not get the bulk of the work for Green Bay. These teams are now involved in that 3-way tie for first place in the West, although Aero Planes hold the tiebreaker since all three teams have a 2-1 record in the division, and Aero have scored the most points in the division.

TacklingDummyRJ - 82
Earthquake Zone (Earthquake Enyart) – 76

Earthquake Zone (1-2) needed this win to stay close to ebenezer in the Central. TacklingDummyRJ (1-2) needed the win to stay alive. TDRJ must have been more desperate as they pulled into a 3-way tie for second place. Despite only 5 points from Kurt Warner, TDRJ still puled out the win thanks in part to the Colts D, who held the hapless Texans in check. A huge 38 point effort from Tom Brady was not enough for Earthquake. Their only other starter in double-digits was Terrell Owens, who scored an even dozen.

WEEK 4 Game of the week: Hart Attack vs. Aero Planes – A battle of 2-1’s. Hart Attack Tries to catch the Cows, while the Powerful Aero Planes try to break out of a 3-way tie for first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the season ended after Monday Night’s game, playoff teams would be:
1. The Route 20A Cows (East)
2. ebenezer (Central)
3. Aero Planes (West)
4. Hart Attack (wild card)

Teams eliminated from the playoffs: The Mean Sharks (Unofficially)

clumping platelets
09-24-2002, 11:43 PM
I've lost the last 2 weeks by a total of 9 pts!!

I will survive

Michael82
09-24-2002, 11:47 PM
LOL...What a stressful weekend for me. I was down 97-100 on Monday morning and then all I needed was a good game from my TE from the Rams and Martin Gramatica. Gramatica was given two field goals in the beginning of the game and won it for me! WOO HOO!

clumping platelets:spank:Rochester Rampage

clumping platelets
09-25-2002, 12:23 AM
Pull the horseshoe from you a$$ now Mikey3228293848329329 ;)

Earthquake Enyart
09-25-2002, 03:32 PM
If you check out the breakdown part of the standings, the Mean Sharks would not have beaten ANY team ANY week so far.

lordofgun
09-25-2002, 03:39 PM
:rofl:

So true. I'm going to beat you though...just for the fun of knocking you out of any hope for the playoffs. :D

TacklingDummy
09-25-2002, 06:13 PM
Lord, with the team you have you would be lucky to beat yourself.

lordofgun
09-25-2002, 06:48 PM
:sadwalk:

Just for that, I will be forced to beat you too.

TacklingDummy
09-25-2002, 08:23 PM
Warner is killing my fantasy team.

lordofgun
09-25-2002, 09:36 PM
Yeah, Warner, Alexander, and Martin have been HUGE disappointments!

clumping platelets
09-25-2002, 11:12 PM
Whatcha want for McCaffrey???

Michael82
09-26-2002, 04:08 AM
Here's some advice log....start Brunell!!! He's a good start against the Jets, while Culpepper might not have Moss this weekend! :D