PDA

View Full Version : Trick Play finally Works.

Brian Griese Rulz
09-30-2003, 10:25 AM
Everyone seems to forget that we finally had a trick play that worked.

The fake onside kick. What a beautiful fake that was. He kicked it deep and right out of the endzone.

To bad the D couldnt stop them and get the ball back.

Dozerdog
09-30-2003, 10:29 AM
It was a sound move. Onsides it, and if you don't recover it (only 15% are successful) you give them the ball at midfield. Even if you stop them, you are looking at a Bills Drive start at the 10 or 20 with no timeouts, and 60 yards from a FG.

The % say it's better to stop them and get the Ball at your 30-35 yard line with 45 seconds, and it makes it a 30-35 yard drive for the FG instead of a 60 yard drive.

It was moot if the defense could not hold

Brian Griese Rulz
09-30-2003, 10:34 AM
I agree.

But it was run like a trick play so you gotta say it worked. :rofl:

Dozerdog
09-30-2003, 10:36 AM
True!

Novacane
09-30-2003, 10:47 AM
Kicking deep was the correct decision. Following it up buy rushing only 3 guys on 3rd and 7 was totally stupid. That's GW. Once in a blue moon he does something smart only to nullify it with something stupid.

yle
09-30-2003, 11:16 AM
If he was gonna kick it out of the end zone, did he need to fake it? I mean, wouldn't the fake only help by keeping the other team from establishing solid return blocking?

IHateTheDullphins
09-30-2003, 11:18 AM
I liked the "other" fake play, where the D faked like they were gonna tackle, then they didn't.

ryven
09-30-2003, 11:29 AM
what I dont understand is we used mike williams as an extra big man on D once this year and it worked even if he wasnt in on that play thats another bigman to block. Why dont we on ocassions put him back there on D?

HenryRules
09-30-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by yledust
If he was gonna kick it out of the end zone, did he need to fake it? I mean, wouldn't the fake only help by keeping the other team from establishing solid return blocking?

He didn't kick it through in the air ... I actually think the ball bounced around the 1 or 2 yard line. I believe the main reason their guy didn't return the ball is because he had no blockers set up for the wedge - a direct benefit of the fake.