PDA

View Full Version : Move Jonas To Center??

R. Rich
09-30-2003, 11:44 AM
I saw in a couple posts how people think Jennings would be a better fit at center since he would bring more size to the middle. What do you guys think of that? Do you think it would be a noticeable improvement? Would there be a dropoff at left tackle? Thoughts?

Ð
09-30-2003, 11:46 AM
Has he played center before ?

The Spaz
09-30-2003, 11:47 AM
I thought they tried that last training camp and Jonas wasn't doing that great at it. Besides I think the only real problem with the o-line is the RG spot. Teague may not be the best center but he is a smart player and can make the correct cals and has enough skills to at least be adequate at the position. Send in Marques Sullivan please!!!!!!

Pride
09-30-2003, 11:48 AM
He cant snap the ball any worse than Teague.

How intelligent is he?
Who would replace him on Drews Blind Side?
What to do with Teague? => R. Guard?

Ebenezer
I think he did it for a year in high school. This was talked about last year after MW was drafted and then quickly nixed. I think the gain at C would be offset by a weakening of the T position.

Ð
Teague was a tackle with the Doncos, wasn't he ?

Ebenezer
09-30-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Ð
Teague was a tackle with the Doncos, wasn't he ?

Oui.

Ð
09-30-2003, 11:56 AM
Ah, c'est vrai

TigerJ
09-30-2003, 12:05 PM
The Bills did experiment with Jennings at LT for a while in minicamp. I think they settled on the present lineup pretty early in training camp. I think Jennings could handle center. It begs two questions though. First, what do the Bills do at LT? There are two possiblities. One-just flip flop Teague and Jennings. As has been mentioned, Teague played LT for the Broncos. e was aquired by Donahoe to play LT for Buffalo before Buffalo drafted Mike Williams and moved Jennings. He was a so-so LT for the Broncos. The other possiblility would be to move Mike Williams to LT and start Marcus Price at RT. Teague would be our back-up tackle. I think that might be a stronger lineup. It could only work short term because Teague makes too much money to be a long term backup.

Pride
09-30-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
The Bills did experiment with Jennings at LT for a while in minicamp. I think they settled on the present lineup pretty early in training camp. I think Jennings could handle center. It begs two questions though. First, what do the Bills do at LT? There are two possiblities. One-just flip flop Teague and Jennings. As has been mentioned, Teague played LT for the Broncos. e was aquired by Donahoe to play LT for Buffalo before Buffalo drafted Mike Williams and moved Jennings. He was a so-so LT for the Broncos. The other possiblility would be to move Mike Williams to LT and start Marcus Price at RT. Teague would be our back-up tackle. I think that might be a stronger lineup. It could only work short term because Teague makes too much money to be a long term backup.

Good analysis

SABURZFAN
09-30-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Ð
Has he played center before ?

i think he has.

R. Rich
09-30-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ

Move Big Mike to the left side? I don't know if he's ready for that. He seems to have problems with quick edge rushers, and that's all he'd see on the left side. As bad as he looked going against Ogunleye in the Miami game, I just don't know if he can handle playing the left side at this point.

justasportsfan
09-30-2003, 01:24 PM
I miss Hull. Tasker said on the radio that when Kelly would change a play and Hull would look at him and shake his head when he disagreed and Kelly would change the play again. Hull was usually right. :D

Hull would also get on the the teams Arse when they sucked instead of "we nee to get better at this or that :rolleyes: "

R. Rich
09-30-2003, 01:30 PM
You and me both, justa. He was one of my all-time favorite Bills and, given his circumstances, should get some consideration for the Hall of Fame. I mean, to make 3 Pro Bowls when you play in the era of guys like Matthews, Mosebar, Stepnoski, and, most of all, Dawson, then you MUST be good! Maybe we'll see him get in; maybe not. I sure would love it! If he does ever get in, I WILL go to the ceremony in Canton!!

justasportsfan
09-30-2003, 01:38 PM
If only we had a Center like Hull who could keep Drew in check whenever he makes bonehead decisions. All Drew has right now is Gilbride. I doubt Drew is ever gonna complain when Gilbride asks him to throw, play after play.

The_Philster
09-30-2003, 05:27 PM
My starting O-line
Price-Brown-Jennings-SULLIVAN-Williams

The Spaz
09-30-2003, 05:31 PM
I would love that o-line if Jennings would be able to make the correct calls.

RedEyE
09-30-2003, 05:36 PM
I think Jennings is doing an excellent job and should stay put. Teague has been having trouble in the middle, but I think that's because he's too busy repeling the attack to his immediate right. Pucillo has been getting pushed all over the place.

The_Philster
09-30-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
I think Jennings is doing an excellent job and should stay put. Teague has been having trouble in the middle, but I think that's because he's too busy repeling the attack to his immediate right. Pucillo has been getting pushed all over the place.

That's a distinct possibility. I wonder how well Teague would do if we BENCH PUCILLO!!!!!!!!

G. Host
09-30-2003, 08:22 PM
Sullivan never impressed me and I predicted he would be cut in offseason (close to it becoming inactive) and I think Marcus Price would be a good tackle.

Put Jennings in as guard, keep Gash in backfield to pound anybody who gets past line and tell Ruben to watch the penalties.

The_Philster
09-30-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
Sullivan never impressed me and I predicted he would be cut in offseason (close to it becoming inactive) and I think Marcus Price would be a good tackle.

Put Jennings in as guard, keep Gash in backfield to pound anybody who gets past line and tell Ruben to watch the penalties.
Sullivan is still better than Pucillo, though

G. Host
09-30-2003, 09:16 PM
Sullivan was the reason why Drew took so many sacks last year. At least our QB may stay in one piece with this line.

helmetguy
09-30-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich
Move Big Mike to the left side? I don't know if he's ready for that. He seems to have problems with quick edge rushers, and that's all he'd see on the left side. As bad as he looked going against Ogunleye in the Miami game, I just don't know if he can handle playing the left side at this point.

I think a part of Big Mike's difficulty on the right side is tied to the guy lining up to his immediate left. Compensating for Pucillo's shortcomings has become a burden on both Big Mike and Teague. Has anyone else noticed it?

Throne Logic
09-30-2003, 10:22 PM
The right guard position is the problem. Defenses are lining up their speedy pass rushers in front of Pucillo and hitting him hard. Teague and Williams are trying to compensate. This is why Williams is "getting beat" to the outside - he's starting his push by leaning in to the left. Teague is having similar issues, however, this cannot account for the crappy long snaps.

Sullivan wasn't great, but he was better than Pucillo. In fact, I'd bet Tucker or Price would be better in there than he is. Is Pucillo married to someone's daughter or sister? I really don't know why the heck he's even on the team, nevermind starting.

Indy Bills Fan
09-30-2003, 11:58 PM
Ah the good old days....We'll never see that kind of teamwork again. Hull was intelligent, Strong and togh as hell. We could use a little more of that now. Our guys just don't seem to have that toughness.