X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsNick
    • Jul 2003

This Team has lost their swagger

I was at the game and there was no electricity in the air like the NE game. Spikes wasn't trying to pump up the crowd as much, and they just didn't seem like they wanted to win. It seemed like they were taking this game off. I think they've got to do something to re-ignite this flame that burned so bright the first two games. The penalties must stop, and GW has got to pull this team together!
  • IHateTheDullphins
    New and Improved!!
    • Aug 2003

Hope it comes back!
    Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Re: This Team has lost their swagger

Originally posted by BillsNick
      GW has got to pull this team together!
      he needs to pull his head out of his @$$ first.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BillsNick
        • Jul 2003

True.....very true!!

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Well, I said it Sunday night but it all bears repeating
          The major problem I noticed throughout the game was the lack of heart that the Bills showed today. With a few exceptions, they played like it was preseason.
          It EVEN started with just coming out onto the field. Many of you know I sit right next to the tunnel so I'm right there when the players come in and out onto the field.
          As long as I've had seasons, I've seen Ruben come out pumped up, shaking his fists, and really getting the crowd fired up.
          Jonas Jennings started doing that last year and Takeo showed Opening Day that his excitement put theirs to shame.
          Well, Jonas was pumped, but not a single other player acted like they were excited to be going out to play a game that meant sommething...a game where we could take out our frustrations at having been embarassed on National TV last week.
          That right there was a bad sign and it all concluded with that last actual drive we had which was meant to be a drive to score quickly.
          In a two-minute drill, the players have to get the LOS as quickly as possible to get the next play run. You'd think that veterans like Bobby Shaw and Eric Moulds would know this yet there they were barely jogging back to the line. What happened to not giving up?
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• eyedog
            • Jul 2002

It's about leadership amongest the players. It's lacking. There is no Kelly or Hull to kick the line in the ass for not doing their job. It's not Drews nature and do you really expect Ruben to step up. Cripe, he's usually half the problem. There is not a Talley to step in give guys like Bruce a kick in the ass on the defensive side. It was there for the New England game but not since. I think Malloy has to be that player and it has to start this Sunday.

Comment

• helmetguy
              Touch the helmet for luck
              • Sep 2002

There's plenty of leadership on the defensive side of the ball already. The only problem is, how does one keep up the intensity on the field when the guy at the top acts like an apologist? "We have to get better in that area..." That's GW's answer to EVERYTHING! How do we do that, Coach? HOW DO WE DO THAT???
              Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
              And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• eyedog
                • Jul 2002

A team definitely takes their personality from their head coach and that also is a problem here. Could you imagine Parcells acting like that. He would snap on his player to get better or he would no longer be playing. The excuses week after week would not be accepted. { ie: penalties, poor blocking up front }

Comment

• rsmithgi
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by eyedog
                  A team definitely takes their personality from their head coach and that also is a problem here. Could you imagine Parcells acting like that. He would snap on his player to get better or he would no longer be playing. The excuses week after week would not be accepted. { ie: penalties, poor blocking up front }
                  The thing about GW that should worry Bills fans the most is that he seems to place all of the blame on the players. According to GW, the players are just not executing. There are no bad play calls, poor game plans, bad blocking schemes, or inept coaching decisions.

GW is going to lose this team's respect and trust.

Comment

Working...
                  X