PDA

View Full Version : Is This In Our Future???

Buffatexas
09-30-2003, 12:09 PM
I cant wait to see this on our horizon....I just hope that McGahee will either resurrect this running game or light the proverbial fire under Henry's tail. I think if GW gambles and activates McGahee and he does well, that could very well save Williams job

lordofgun
09-30-2003, 12:53 PM
I still don't understand how he could come back from a totally destroyed knee in 10 months.

The Spaz
09-30-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I still don't understand how he could come back from a totally destroyed knee in 10 months.

I don't know either but they said he has already started running and that is some crazy stuff itself. I can't see him going downward as far as progress only gametime experience will be able to tell that.

ryven
09-30-2003, 01:34 PM
It is pretty amazing but he really wants to play and I like that in him he is very determined.

Buffatexas
09-30-2003, 01:37 PM
I sincerely feel that TD knows something that we all don't about his injury and estimated recovery time. I really can't see any GM picking a guy in the first round that may never recover.

justasportsfan
09-30-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Buffatexas
I cant wait to see this on our horizon....I just hope that McGahee will either resurrect this running game or light the proverbial fire under Henry's tail. I think if GW gambles and activates McGahee and he does well, that could very well save Williams job

At the current state this OL , we'll end Willis' career before it even starts if we try to play him.

ryven
09-30-2003, 01:46 PM
Yes and no willis has or should I say had and hope once again more speed his cutbacks were amazing even if he is near what use to be he'll be awsome, but he should return to form and I think we should also put sullivan back out on the field and the right side may be a power house again or at least it will open some big holes.

The_Philster
09-30-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
At the current state this OL , we'll end Willis' career before it even starts if we try to play him.

Exactly. We fix the O-line (yeah ...some of them can pass block but we aren't opening holes in the running game) and Henry, Burns, McGahee, and Simonton could all be looking good.

RedEyE
09-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Does it matter? Gilbride will insist on the pass anyway.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-30-2003, 09:30 PM
I dont think McGahee will be getting 20 carries a game.. Id guess 5-10 carries a game, for the first 3 games gradually moving up..

helmetguy
09-30-2003, 09:54 PM
If the knee is solid enough, we could have a cutback runner, a la Thurman Thomas, in Willis. Then, instead of getting pushed around (physical-wise, as GW puts it) the OL can dictate things more withtraps and counters. Now that i think of it, isn't KC doing some of that with Holmes?

Halbert
09-30-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Exactly. We fix the O-line (yeah ...some of them can pass block but we aren't opening holes in the running game) and Henry, Burns, McGahee, and Simonton could all be looking good.
I just don't know what the hell happened between last year and now. They have the NFL's 5th leading rusher last year, now they couldn't open a hole if they were blocking for a Sherman tank.

helmetguy
09-30-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
I just don't know what the hell happened between last year and now. They have the NFL's 5th leading rusher last year, now they couldn't open a hole if they were blocking for a Sherman tank.

Part of it is that, for some strange reason, Henry's dancing behind the line more this year...possibly tp make good on his pre-season boast of breaking Juice's single season Bills rushing record. He just wasn't decisive. Burns may pan out eventually. The O-line has a lot to do with it, too.

ryven
10-01-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
If the knee is solid enough, we could have a cutback runner, a la Thurman Thomas, in Willis. Then, instead of getting pushed around (physical-wise, as GW puts it) the OL can dictate things more withtraps and counters. Now that i think of it, isn't KC doing some of that with Holmes?

Alot of teams are using it. I beleive tampa and atlanta use it and for that fact if I am correct miami does alot of traps and counters.