PDA

View Full Version : Should've pounded

Mr. Miyagi
09-30-2003, 12:52 PM
'Tis Better to Have Rushed and Lost Than Never to Have Rushed At All:

Trailing the Eagles 10-0 in the second quarter, Buffalo reached third-and-short at the Philadelphia 33. Considering the short distance and the position -- the area of the field where logic usually dictates go for it -- did the Bills pound, pound? Incompletion, missed 51-yard field goal attempt into the wind.

On their next possession, still trailing 10-0, the Bills reached third-and-two on the Philadelphia 35. Considering the short distance and the field position, did the Bills pound, pound? Pass caught and fumbled, Eagles' ball.

Five times against Philadelphia, Buffalo faced third-and-one or third-and-two. The Bills passed every time. Results? Incompletion, fumble, incompletion, incompletion, incompletion.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/tmq/030930.html

Yup. I agree. And whose fault is it here? Certainly not the players' since they didn't call those plays...... :angry:

Pride
09-30-2003, 12:56 PM
BEEN SAYING THIS ALL WEEK!!!!!!!!!

Pride
09-30-2003, 12:57 PM
I would be interested in knowing whether or not Drew audibled. If not, Off with Gilbrides Head... if Drew did... then someone needs to ***** slap him!

stuckincincy
09-30-2003, 01:04 PM
TMQ is a riot to read...he's a local from Kenmore. He's IMHO pretty astute, also...

Mr. Miyagi
09-30-2003, 01:11 PM
I particularly love his references to cheerleaders around the league, like this one:

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/page2/photos/030930seahawks.jpg

Cheerleader of the Week: Kim Lance of the Sea Gals of the red-hot (blue-hot, in this case) Seattle Blue Men Group. With training in jazz, tap, ballet, lyrical and hip-hop dance, Lance works as a human-resources manager. So Kim, you handle the human resources -- who handles the space-alien resources? (See below.) She also picks football games. Here you'll see Lance got only five right this week. But don't despair, since that's about the same success rate as the New York Times sports page.

:hungry:

Akhippo
09-30-2003, 04:50 PM
If that stat doesnt hit you in the face that somewhere along the line there is a problem nothing will.

RedEyE
09-30-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
'Tis Better to Have Rushed and Lost Than Never to Have Rushed At All:

Trailing the Eagles 10-0 in the second quarter, Buffalo reached third-and-short at the Philadelphia 33. Considering the short distance and the position -- the area of the field where logic usually dictates go for it -- did the Bills pound, pound? Incompletion, missed 51-yard field goal attempt into the wind.

On their next possession, still trailing 10-0, the Bills reached third-and-two on the Philadelphia 35. Considering the short distance and the field position, did the Bills pound, pound? Pass caught and fumbled, Eagles' ball.

Five times against Philadelphia, Buffalo faced third-and-one or third-and-two. The Bills passed every time. Results? Incompletion, fumble, incompletion, incompletion, incompletion.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/tmq/030930.html

Yup. I agree. And whose fault is it here? Certainly not the players' since they didn't call those plays...... :angry:

:bf1:

Thank you. This is the same old ****! Gilbride giving up on the run, again and again and again. It's become so apparent that now the extended media has to comment.