PDA

View Full Version : Herm Edwards

Tatonka
09-30-2003, 03:33 PM
ESPN radio is reporting that the riff between Edwards and Jets ownership is deeper than it even seems. Edwards feels like the ownership doesnt have his back, and made comments to the media about it. Mortenson reported that he can not see this being patched up from Edwards side.

just wondering if you would want this guy on the sidelines.

i personally love the guy. he is in a bad spot, and has NO talent to work with, but he is a stand up guy, and he seems to make decent decisions, bar a couple questionalble ones here recently. even on those though.. he explains himself pretty well. he is trying to get in the endzone.. he is tired of fieldgoals. he trusts his guys to make plays, they just are not doing it right now. mainly due to talent.

i really dont have a huge problem with GW.. honestly. i am frustrated with the overall team play, but i dont hold GW responsible. i dislike Gilbride much more.

just wanted to know your thoughts.

nolimit
09-30-2003, 03:36 PM
no

justasportsfan
09-30-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i am frustrated with the overall team play, but i dont hold GW responsible. i dislike Gilbride much more.

Isn't it GW's job to put Gilbride in his place?

I think Herm is a players coach. Do you think guys like Spikes, Milloy and co. would rally behind Edwards? Drew? I think so. He tends to be too mellow at times though. Too much of a nice guy.

If we do hire a different coach, whatever happens, keep Krumrie.

Novacane
09-30-2003, 03:48 PM
Yes, I would take Herm Edwards in a heartbeat. Look what he did last year with what I don't think was that talented of a team. Can't fault him this year with his top WR leaving and QB getting hurt. I think he is a very good coach.

Mr. Miyagi
09-30-2003, 03:49 PM
I would LOVE to have Herm come in as our coach. I don't know how much respect GW has from the players, but I'll guarantee you that he's nowhere near the amount of respect Herm would get from our guys.

Bring Herm in, as long as Hackett doesn't come tagging along.

LtBillsFan66
09-30-2003, 03:55 PM
lol

Lets replace our 2-2 coach with an 0-4 one.

Go to any Jets message board and they'll tell you what they think of Herm.

The Spaz
09-30-2003, 04:01 PM
All Herm has is emotion and he hasn't done ***** with it!

Dozerdog
09-30-2003, 04:13 PM
I don't see the difference-

He's got an OC in Paul Hackett that the Jets fans despise- calling WCO plays with Vinny at QB- and the two don't mesh at all. I don't se Herm Edwards getting involved there either.

Novacane
09-30-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
lol

Lets replace our 2-2 coach with an 0-4 one.

Go to any Jets message board and they'll tell you what they think of Herm.

Good coach's don't always win. They have to have talent. Marv had a losing record before he came here.

Do you know how bad we'd be if Moulds had left via FA and Bledsoe was out for 3 months:rolleyes:

Novacane
09-30-2003, 04:20 PM
If both Edwards and Greeeggg get fired I bet Edwards gets another HC job next year. Greeeggg will be lucky to land a DC job somewhere.

nolimit
09-30-2003, 05:05 PM
I want:

Mularkey

Saban

Stoops

Coughlin

That being said we should have hired Marvin LEwis to begin with!

RedEyE
09-30-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by nolimit
I want:

Mularkey

Saban

Stoops

Coughlin

That being said we should have hired Marvin LEwis to begin with!

Nick Saban from LSU :up:. Interesting, Falcons fans have been calling for Dan Reeves' head the past 2 years. The fans want Saban as well.

nolimit
09-30-2003, 05:44 PM
i think the next ehad coach might be the University of pittsburgh's head coach! I forget his name!

STAMPY
09-30-2003, 06:11 PM
i'd take herm in a NYMINUTE

ublinkwescore
09-30-2003, 06:18 PM
I want Bill Parcells.

TD put together a TB Oakland deal and get Parcells here now.

The_Philster
09-30-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Nick Saban from LSU :up:.

What about Lou? :idunno: