• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

I want Big Mike at LT.

Behind him and Ruben, they should be able to get a yard when they need it. Even if they only lined Mike up at LT on third and short, it would be worth it. I don't understand why he didn't play a little LT during the preseason.
  • Ð
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

mmmmm, BLT

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

he can barely play RT as is.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Disgustipatex
        The King Troll himself(Formerly Piltdown Man)
        • Sep 2003

He would get smashed. He's having a hard enough time facing the Left Defensive ends of the world, much less the more talented RDE's. How's he done against upper tier LDE's(Pryce, Strahan off the top of my head). I know Ogunleye schooled him.

"No TH, I aint got no younger hos for you, freak!"

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          he can barely play RT as is.
          I think he could do better if he had a RG next to him that could actually play in this league.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Disgustipatex
            He would get smashed. He's having a hard enough time facing the Left Defensive ends of the world, much less the more talented RDE's. How's he done against upper tier LDE's(Pryce, Strahan off the top of my head). I know Ogunleye schooled him.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ð
              mmmmm, BLT
              BLT and a ruben.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• colin
                Drew's my hero!
                • Jul 2002

Schoble got 2 sacks against Tra Thomas, a Pro Bowl LT, and they were NOT coverage sacks, sometimes linemen get beat, sometimes they have dumb assignments and sometimes they just blow one.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                  I think he could do better if he had a RG next to him that could actually play in this league.
                  yeah, cuz it is pucillo's fault that ogun ran around williams.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ryven
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka

yeah, cuz it is pucillo's fault that ogun ran around williams.
                    I won blame pucillo for everything but I dont think he is any better than sullivan at RG he may have a little on pass blocking but he is nowhere close to sullivan on run blocking.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

My point is that with Pucillo or Sullivan next to him, they can't get the sure yard. Their only chance is to put Mike next to Ruben.

Comment

• R. Rich
                        • Apr 2003

Unfortunately, up to this point in the season, NONE of the interior linemen have been impressive in the run blocking, Ruben included. They all seem to get overpowered and end up in the backfield. That's why we've seen so many plays this year where the lead blocker is being met about 3-5 yards in the backfield, which is killing the play before it even starts (probably a big reason we're not seeing Sam Gash as much as we'd like). Williams is better suited to play the RT, because he cannot handle speed rushers, and that's all he'll see on the left side. His run blocking has been okay this year, but there's no help from guard to guard, which is a major reason we're not able to run well.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich
                          Unfortunately, up to this point in the season, NONE of the interior linemen have been impressive in the run blocking, Ruben included. They all seem to get overpowered and end up in the backfield. That's why we've seen so many plays this year where the lead blocker is being met about 3-5 yards in the backfield, which is killing the play before it even starts (probably a big reason we're not seeing Sam Gash as much as we'd like). Williams is better suited to play the RT, because he cannot handle speed rushers, and that's all he'll see on the left side. His run blocking has been okay this year, but there's no help from guard to guard, which is a major reason we're not able to run well.
                          It's also where most of the pressure is coming from on Drew. The book on Drew states that if you get in his face you can beat him. That's why we're seeing so much pressure up the middle. We need to fix it before we face any more teams with good DTs.
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• helmetguy
                            Touch the helmet for luck
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                            Hell yeah! It has to be a real pain in the ass playing TWO line positions at the same time on every freakin' down!
                            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

Working...
                            X