PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomas

BillsFever
09-30-2003, 10:46 PM
He looks almost as bad as Chris Watson out there. Most of them 3rd down conversions being made on us are from this bum.

Next year we need to bring Winfield back and bring in another good CB. It would be worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick to solve this problem once and for all.

LtBillsFan66
09-30-2003, 10:57 PM
It looked like the SOS as last year. They picked on him good.

Remember this is the guy some folks here are happy with replacing Winfield if Winfield doesn't re-sign...

I think we need to take more chances on 3rd downs. I would like to see them bring the house and risk a big gain rather than being picked apart.

Indy Bills Fan
10-01-2003, 12:05 AM
Please don't let him replace Winfield. He showed some promise in limited action last year, but hasn't shown any progress since.

SABURZFAN
10-01-2003, 12:56 AM
i wouldn't throw k.thomas under the bus just yet.

casdhf
10-01-2003, 06:38 AM
It doesnt matter what #3 CB you put on what #1 WR. The matchup is never good.

Scott
10-01-2003, 06:43 AM
I thought he made a few nice plays against Philly. He is not as aggressive as Winfield on running plays or WR screens though.

madness
10-01-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
It doesnt matter what #3 CB you put on what #1 WR. The matchup is never good.

Was that matchup on a third down too?

eyedog
10-01-2003, 07:12 AM
I've been thinking the same thing regarding the play of KT. It sure hasn't taken oc's long to find him. He has to srep it up.

ryven
10-01-2003, 07:14 AM
Well we still have magee in camp he seemed like a major ball hawk.

rsmithgi
10-01-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever
He looks almost as bad as Chris Watson out there. Most of them 3rd down conversions being made on us are from this bum.

Next year we need to bring Winfield back and bring in another good CB. It would be worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick to solve this problem once and for all.

I bet the Dolphins would trade Jamar Fletcher for him. Talk about a bust. You guys are in good shape compared to that.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-01-2003, 08:30 AM
I have to disagree. Please give me some examples. I remember a couple of plays he got beat on, but there was no rush and the guy was in coverage for more than 5 seconds. I will go back and watch the examples you give to make my determination.

TedMock
10-01-2003, 08:35 AM
He also made huge 3rd down break up late in the game that got us the ball back. He'll be fine. He was beat a few times but he also made a few plays. They went at him every time. That's what happens when you have Clements and Winfield.

LtBillsFan66
10-01-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
I have to disagree. Please give me some examples. I remember a couple of plays he got beat on, but there was no rush and the guy was in coverage for more than 5 seconds. I will go back and watch the examples you give to make my determination.

He got beat a handful of times for first downs. My memory isn't photographic.

ryven
10-01-2003, 08:43 AM
I still wont put him in the same catagory as watson. chris had far to long to get used to the position and he was a vet.. kevin I still consider a rookie taking into thought he played like 3 maybe 4 games last year and probably started 2.

LtBillsFan66
10-01-2003, 08:53 AM
Maybe it wasn't Watson. Maybe it isn't Thomas. Maybe it wasn't Irvin (remember him?). Maybe it's Gray!

justasportsfan
10-01-2003, 09:07 AM
Thomas is still a better option than Watson. He had a good game against the Pats when we had a pass rush.

McNabb could've read Moday's newpaper on 3rd downs w/o any pressure. Anyone will tell you, no pass rush, your cb's will get burned.

LtBillsFan66
10-01-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Thomas is still a better option than Watson. He had a good game against the Pats when we had a pass rush.

McNabb could've read Moday's newpaper on 3rd downs w/o any pressure. Anyone will tell you, no pass rush, your cb's will get burned.

I concur. The pass rush was pitiful. It was last year too though.

NO NO NO. I'm not a Watson lover or Watson defender or Watson excuser...

Billsouth
10-01-2003, 12:28 PM
winfield is NOT a good cover corner. he is a great tackler and hitter but does not seem to have the instinct for interceptions

LtBillsFan66
10-01-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth
winfield is NOT a good cover corner. he is a great tackler and hitter but does not seem to have the instinct for interceptions

He is a good cover corner. He is not thrown at often. I blame that on his lack of picks.

ryven
10-01-2003, 02:29 PM
just because you dont have alot of picks doesn't make you a bad cover corner, but the question is how often does he get burned?

personally I don't think he gets burned much.

Drewpac
10-01-2003, 02:36 PM
Thomas is far better than Watson. Yeah, he got picked on a little but that happens to almost every corner once in awhile, especially when there is no pass rush. The biggest problem is that our coaching staff shows absolutely no confidence in their players.

ryven
10-01-2003, 02:46 PM
What I want to know is what happened to the fire zone?

Dozerdog
10-01-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
He is a good cover corner. He is not thrown at often. I blame that on his lack of picks. Robert James (EARLY 1970'S) was one of the best Bills corners EVER- but you won't see him on or near any interception records.

That's because he was so good, QBs didn't even bother throwing his way.

That, and the Bills could not stop the run in the early 1970's either.

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/timezone/1969-1978/RJamesBuf_186x250.jpg

HenryRules
10-01-2003, 02:51 PM
How did Deion Sanders manage to get so many INTs?

The_Philster
10-01-2003, 03:41 PM
Maybe it wasn't Watson. Maybe it isn't Thomas. Maybe it wasn't Irvin (remember him?). Maybe it's Gray!
That's my thinking. Watson came in and played well at CB at first...but his play there dropped off. Kenny was solid for years until they moved him from LCB to RCB.

He is a good cover corner. He is not thrown at often. I blame that on his lack of picks.
Bingo!!

Originally posted by HenryRules
sheer desperation and stupidity by opposing coaches and QBs.

LtBillsFan66
10-01-2003, 03:44 PM

He was one of the best corners ever, IMO. And he was a ball hawk. Winfield isn't really a ball hawk. That doesn't make him not a good cover corner or necessarily explain his total lack of picks. He talked about it in the last Bills Digest.

madness
10-01-2003, 09:05 PM

Exceptional speed and a defensive line that actually put pressure on a QB. He'd bait the receiver while the QB had to make quick reads and throw a bad ball. Just imagine how good Clements would be if he had a line that could pressure the QB.

madness
10-01-2003, 09:06 PM
Not to mention Clements doesn't tackle like a girl.