PDA

View Full Version : Billy Buffalo Sucks!!!

kgun12
09-30-2003, 11:37 PM
Holly crap!!! After the Pats game most of the same people wanting to fire GW, move Jennings to center, make Green head coach an on an on. were the same folks that had us going to the DAMN SUPER BOWL!!! My God!!! Am I happy about the last 2 games NO, but I wasn't putting them in the Super Bowl after the first 2 games either. :xplode:

I suggest that all of you stop typing and read what you have typed over the last 4 week. I don't know if it is SAD or FUNNY, but I do know this, when Wys tried to point out some of the faults with this team, the same people I am writting about now ran him off these boards. :madfire:

Nationally we would like to think that people see us as the "most knowledgable fans in the NFL" If they read this board I don't think that's what they would say about us.

Everyone has a right to post what they think, but remember what Marv Levy use to say. Don't get too high after a win or too low after a loss!

Ok fire at will!!! :cas:

BillsFever
09-30-2003, 11:40 PM
I agree with you.

Bufftp
09-30-2003, 11:58 PM
I think we should cut Billy Buffalo while were at it.

kgun12
10-01-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Bufftp
I think we should cut Billy Buffalo while were at it.

:fab:

How are you Bufftp?

Bufftp
10-01-2003, 12:07 AM
leave no head un-severed!

much better Kgun, how are things goin for you?

kgun12
10-01-2003, 12:15 AM
Good. My son at Clarkson is doing great and my son in High school is doing fabulous.

Looking at the people that viewed this vs responses Bufftp it appears the truth hurts or it's easier to complain.

Bufftp
10-01-2003, 12:19 AM
Being a football fan especially in buffalo involves a lot of emotion. Right now people are not happy with the return on their emotional investment into the team. Right now its stock is plumetting quicker than ENRONs did. A win and things will turn upward. A loss, well the counseling lines will be jammed.

kgun12
10-01-2003, 12:29 AM
Being a football fan especially in buffalo involves a lot of emotion. Right now people are not happy with the return on their emotional investment into the team. Right now its stock is plumetting quicker than ENRONs did. A win and things will turn upward. A loss, well the counseling lines will be jammed.

The wisdom of Bufftp :hail:

northernbillfan
10-01-2003, 02:19 AM
Well said kgun. It's hard to put a positive spin on this, I've been trying. Some folks just won't listen, and are following the herd.

:bf1:

As fans we have too much negative energy flowing out, and we will always have that negativity. That has been brewing after several years of heart break for us long timers, (1-13, 0-4, Memphis, 3-13...et al) we as a fan base are used to having our hopes dashed. When the Buffalo Bills lose, they lose ugly. And we get upset.

I try to keep an even keel, not too excited, not too down. :goodbad:

kgun12
10-01-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
Well said kgun. It's hard to put a positive spin on this, I've been trying. Some folks just won't listen, and are following the herd.

:bf1:

As fans we have too much negative energy flowing out, and we will always have that negativity. That has been brewing after several years of heart break for us long timers, (1-13, 0-4, Memphis, 3-13...et al) we as a fan base are used to having our hopes dashed. When the Buffalo Bills lose, they lose ugly. And we get upset.

I try to keep an even keel, not too excited, not too down. :goodbad:

You want to talk about heart and hard times, try being a Bills fan in the early 80's when they were 2-14 and living in Florida and PROUDLY being a Bills fan, That's where I was stationed during those 2-14 days Talk about hard times, everyone made fun of me :lolpoint: but I was and will always be a fan during the good and bad!

northernbillfan
10-01-2003, 04:47 AM
I was made of fun during the 1-13 season in the mid 70's...

And I still am made fun of for being a Bills fan.

Bottom Line...I hope we get redemption,...and soon!

The_Philster
10-01-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by kgun12
I don't know if it is SAD or FUNNY, but I do know this, when Wys tried to point out some of the faults with this team, the same people I am writting about now ran him off these boards. :madfire:

To tell the truth, the ones who ran him off the boards are some of the ones telling us to calm down. The ones who seem to be the most pissed about all this are, for the most part, people who were at the game and saw how little heart his team showed out there.
Eb, helmetguy, me, Mikey and Pride are some of the most vocal about this...and the first 4 of us were at the game and aren't happy Wys isn't posting. And Pride was with Wys so that theory is blown out the window.

kgun12
10-01-2003, 12:21 PM
Phil It doesn't matter if you were at the games or not! Anybody can see that they played with little heart. I'm not going to name names, but go back and look at the attacks on Wys, than look at the threads over the last 2 weeks or so, it's quite easy to prove my point about all of this. I'm glad you go to the games, wish I could. I was a season ticket holder for 9 years, believe me, never did it make me think I new more cause I was there, quite the oppisite. I would come home and watch the game on type to hear all the things I missed like Lawyer Molloy comments at the first DB meeting. You can't get that stuff at the game. Again we ain't as good as we played the first 2 games and ain't as bad as we played the last 2 games.

Buckets
10-01-2003, 01:26 PM
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last.
W.Churchill --Don't forget 9/11

What a fitting quote. What he meant by that is you shouldn't sit by and do nothing. Do not accept mediocraty. If something is wrong take action. Voice your opinion. Etc.

venis2k1
10-01-2003, 01:54 PM
I still think we are going to the super bowl.

Bufftp
10-01-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Buckets
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last.
W.Churchill --Don't forget 9/11

What a fitting quote. What he meant by that is you shouldn't sit by and do nothing. Do not accept mediocraty. If something is wrong take action. Voice your opinion. Etc.
what he was talking about here was Sir. Neville Chamberlin who had power to take action against Hitler before he grew stronger as oppososed the farce and coweradice of apeasment which would lead to far greater destruction and toil of mankind. It did. It really had nothing to do with a democratic impulse of voicing ones opnion.

The_Philster
10-01-2003, 03:28 PM
Phil It doesn't matter if you were at the games or not! Anybody can see that they played with little heart. I'm not going to name names, but go back and look at the attacks on Wys, than look at the threads over the last 2 weeks or so, it's quite easy to prove my point about all of this. I'm glad you go to the games, wish I could. I was a season ticket holder for 9 years, believe me, never did it make me think I new more cause I was there, quite the oppisite. I would come home and watch the game on type to hear all the things I missed like Lawyer Molloy comments at the first DB meeting. You can't get that stuff at the game. Again we ain't as good as we played the first 2 games and ain't as bad as we played the last 2 games.

Easy man, all I'm saying is that I can usually see stuff there I can't see on TV. Just the fact that they came out of the tunnel acting like it was preseason scared me.

kgun12
10-01-2003, 03:48 PM
Phil your right about that.

What was miss about this thread was all the people that were so sure we were going to the Super Bowl after 2 games are now complaining about everything under the sun. Hence the title of this thread "Billy Buffalo Sucks!!!"

The other thing I was saying is that these same people that got all over Wys for his opinion about Drew and some of the other players are beating up the same players, coaches more than Wys did. The worst part of this is he backed his opinions with stats and solid reasoning, what I have read on these threads is just crazy considering only 2 weeks ago we were a lock for the Super Bowl.

The_Philster
10-01-2003, 04:04 PM
What was miss about this thread was all the people that were so sure we were going to the Super Bowl after 2 games are now complaining about everything under the sun. Hence the title of this thread "Billy Buffalo Sucks!!!"

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I'm complaining about two things...coaching and that waste of space we have at RG.
The other thing I was saying is that these same people that got all over Wys for his opinion about Drew and some of the other players are beating up the same players, coaches more than Wys did. The worst part of this is he backed his opinions with stats and solid reasoning, what I have read on these threads is just crazy considering only 2 weeks ago we were a lock for the Super Bowl.

I think a lot of the people proclaiming Super Bowl (and I was one of them) were just getting caught up in the fact that we seemed to have a team good enough to take out anyone. I think we still do...but we have to replace Pucillo and Williams HAS to start getting these players having a fierce desire to kick ass and take names later. Ruben, TKO, and Jonas always come out of the tunnel pumped up and ready to play...inciting the crowd to get loud. Jonas was doing that Sunday but the other two weren't.
As far as Wys, I usually agreed with a lot of what he said...on the few posts I actually read (so damn long :phew: :D ) and I've noticed that the people complaining the most vehemently are good friends of his.

Brian H
10-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Blame the team leave the damn mascout out of it....

Earthquake Enyart
10-01-2003, 05:38 PM
I never liked Billy the Buffalo anyhow.