PDA

View Full Version : Sabres sign Choice One to sponsorship deal

Myers57
10-01-2003, 10:12 AM
The Buffalo Sabres, now owned by Rochester businessman B. Thomas Golisano, have signed Rochester-based Choice One Communications to a marketing sponsorship contract.

Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Choice One (OTC: CWON) has been named the official telecommunications provider for the Buffalo Sabres and a subsidiary, Choice One OnLine, will redesign the Sabres Web site.

The multi-year agreement includes special events and promotions, game tickets and advertising. Choice One will also co-sponsor the Buffalo Sabres regular season games and training camps in Rochester, New York. The Sabres will, for the first time, play a regular season game in Rochester Nov. 12 versus the Stanley Cup champion New Jersey Devils.

The Sabres' deal extends Choice One's sports sponsorship to hockey. The company also has agreements with three National Football League teams -- Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Choice One is an integrated communications provider serving businesses in 29 Northeast and Midwest markets including Buffalo.

Smukdaddy18
10-01-2003, 01:48 PM
Good the Sabres website sucks, and it took like 2 years for the chat page to be complete, and now it doesnt even work again.

Rhett4NHL
10-01-2003, 01:53 PM
It's too bad Choice One got the deal to re-do the Sabres website. For some reason I think it could have been so much better... ; )

David Deboudt
10-01-2003, 02:22 PM
For whatever reason, I have the same feeling Shane :friends:

I guess this article gives us some explanations about what happened last summer... enough said!

:angel2:

alyson
10-01-2003, 04:35 PM
I really wish I could be home for that game in Rochester. Of course it's in the middle of the week and I can't miss that much school. It would be great to see Rory Fitzpatrick and Brian Gionta (both Rochesterians!) play at home.