PDA

View Full Version : Mcnabb over bledsoe ....rush is wrong

Bmax
10-01-2003, 12:31 PM
Once again he has (rush) has opened up his big mouth and what comes out garbage......

I would take mcnabb over bledsoe anyday and over 15 or more qb's in the nfl....

Here are my top 10 Nfl qb's

1. Brett farve
2. Mcnair
3.Manning
4. MCNABB
5.Bledsoe
6.Brad Johnson
7. Culpepper
8.M. Vick
9. Rich Gannon
10.C. Pennington

Future stars P. ramsey and B.Leftwich

BMAX....

Novacane
10-01-2003, 12:34 PM
He was wrong about taking Bledsoe over Mcnabb. He was not wrong that Mcnabb is overated by the media. He is.

lordofgun
10-01-2003, 12:38 PM
I agree with Rush 100%.

lordofgun
10-01-2003, 12:43 PM
Aaron Brooks is also severely overrated.

superbills
10-01-2003, 12:46 PM
So what? That makes him an idiot, becasue YOU disagree with him? He has said a lot of things that make sense, one of them being that McNabb IS overrated. Sure he makes plays, and sure he is a phenomenal athlete, but he does not deserve the accolades that he gets. As far as Bledsoe vs. McNabb...can we squash 'em together and make the best QB the world has ever seen? McNabb has the mobility, Bledsoe has the "presence" (most of the time). I'm less worried about what Rush says than what Steve Young spews out of his mouth. Talk about garbage. He's supposed to be an "Expert", but he constantly comes up with rediculous crap that makes no sense at all. But, again is it all the time, no. Does he occasionally say something worthwhile? Yes, he has some good insight at times. Is he an idiot? Not by any means. Otherwise he would not be in the position that he's in on ESPN. I just happen to disagree with him on a lot of points. And I'll leave it at that and not harp on it like it really matters in some way. This obsession with Rush because he's outspoken and you disagree with him is really getting old....

lordofgun
10-01-2003, 12:49 PM
ESPN hired him to be who he is and have opinions. What's the problem?

Bmax
10-01-2003, 12:52 PM
guys may be overated but not because of their race.... That's where rush is wrong... Mcnabb maybe struggling but you would to with the eagle weapons !!!!!!! Todd who ?

I'd take my chance with a guy that been to two nfc championship games ... By the way the top 2 rated qb's this year are Mcnair and culpepper.. I GUESS THEY JUST HAVING GREAT YEARS AND ARE VERY GOOD QB'S...

wHO ELSE SHOULD THE MEDIA PUMP UP ON THE PHILLY TEAM ?

BMAX....

kgun12
10-01-2003, 12:57 PM
Check out the Eagles passing percentage after McNabb got hurt last year it went up over 25% with crappy QB's. He is a good runner and an average to below average passer. Yes he had better numbers than Drew Sunday, any given Sunday.

As far as Rush goes he just SCARES the HELL out of the left! It doesn't matter if he is doing his radio show or a show on ESPN he SCARES the HELL out of the left! And that's GREAT!!!

lordofgun
10-01-2003, 12:58 PM
He didn't say he was overrated because of his race. He said the media overrates him because of their politically correct desire for a black QB to succeed.

He's entitled to his opinion just like you are entitled to think that he's wrong.

I think it's sad that people want the first ammendment to exist, but then they go around policing everything that's said to make sure it's "acceptable".

JJamezz
10-01-2003, 01:01 PM
I see why some have a problem with him - he's the kind of guy who seems to have opinions just for the sake of having opinions. Personally, as long as they keep him tucked away over in the corner, I'm good...

Now if they could just install a second seat next to him and stick Irvin in it...

Bmax
10-01-2003, 01:04 PM
hey super zoner He is jerk because he brought race into the arguement...

Rush's problem is simple he is the classic loud mouth bully who don't know jack about sports Heck me or you would do espn a better service than this loud mouth trouble maker....It's people like him and jesse opportunist jackson that keep this great nation divided.

But that's another issue Espn do us a favor and pull the plug on this jerk and let' us go back to football... Why is he the only one still promoting the black qb issue in the nfl ? I thought that was put to bed when guys started winning and taking their teams to the playoffs.. !!!!!

Some of us just can't let it go Rush is wrong period.....!!!!!

Bmax

Bmax
10-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Ok gun i stand corrected .. Look this is the deal.... Rush is still wrong The media doesn't have to hype him in order for a black qb to succeed....He is already successful ... He is just having a bad season..

THIS MIGHT BE THE CASE IF HE WAS ONLY ONE IN THE NFL

But he is not.. Qb's all over the nfl are successful and they just happen to be black.... this Is why rush's opinon is bunk..

I guess rush forgot about warren moon 49,000 passing yards..

Hey rush playmakers don't meed the media they do their talking on the field .....Just check out the stats.....

Bmax

mchurchfie
10-01-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Aaron Brooks is also severely overrated.

Did you ever notice how much he looks like Martin Lawrence?? Uncanny or what? I think its the ears.:huh:

Aaron Brooks...
http://www.playoffinc.com/images/playerprofile/brooks_throwing.jpg
Martin Lawrence...
http://www.alibi.com/alibi/1999-09-16/filmreview2-1.gif

Bmax
10-01-2003, 02:36 PM
WAZZZZZZZZZZZZ UPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!

superbills
10-01-2003, 03:24 PM
I know where your'e coming from BMAX, but Rush is not the one who brings race into the argument, it's the sports media. And even though Rush's opinion may fall outside that politically correct line that we like to draw, his opinion is completely valid, as is yours. Look, it's no secrect that the sports media likes to stretch for controversy to make sports pages seem socially applicable. The media cries foul when teams don't hire black coaches just for the sake of hiring them, they don't care if they are qualified or not. I believe the same can be said for the McNabb situation. McNabb steps into a position which has traditionally been played by a white man and the media wraps its arms around him like a kid hugging Santa as Christmas. Never mind that without his defense he shows how mediocre he can be. Mark my words, McNabb is a media darling, first round draft pick....who WILL miss the playoffs this year because his defense will not be able to carry him there. Without that Phily D McNabb is exposed for what the media fails to see him as...Kordell with some intelligence.

Bmax
10-01-2003, 04:14 PM
Mcnabb career stats 71 tds 41 int..........2 pro bowls ...hmmm...10,000 passing yards.. 2,000 rushin yards over 15 rushing td's... completed over 55% of his passes for career ...

Some one another board said that if mcnabb where white the media would not pump him up ...

Then i thought hmm what white qb was pumped up by the media that was at best average ....

Ohh yeah that's........easy

DOUG FLUTIE !!!!!!!!

bmax

timfromjersey
10-01-2003, 05:51 PM
Gosh, so many good points were made in this string by Superbills, LOG, Kgun12. So many bad points made by well...mostly Bmax.

Who says Rush can't bring up race. Why is it only ok for the sports media to bring it up, which they do every year, (this year's de rigueur being black coaching candidates.) Why is it ok when only black senators or congressmen or comedians or Spike Lee or Charles Barkely or any Liberal commentator bring up race, even in an inflamatory, devisive way and it's politically correct and acceptable, but when Rush brings it up, it's a national media scandal? Did you ever ask yourself that?

Bmax, like a lot of people, you listen to the slanted phony outrage of the national press and network news, like a mind numb robot and buy their thought control. Judging by your post, you sound like you've already misread Rush's point. Political correctness and race baiting are two sides of the same coin, an attempt to control free speech and gain power. No one side has the right to bring up valid points.

Hell, by me the local paper is still bringing up Shockey's meaningless comments.

timfromjersey
10-01-2003, 05:59 PM
Btw,

Bmax, how the heck do you list Brad Johnson ahead of Culpepper and Vick, or Gannon or Pennington for that matter?

helmetguy
10-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Bmax
hey super zoner He is jerk because he brought race into the arguement...

Bmax

Actually, he brought "political correctness" into the fore...again. It is, indeed, fashionable in the media to tout the gifts of Black athletes. One never hear's tha Mike Alstott is a pretty damned good WHITE fullback. Even if he was periwinkle, he'd be a pretty damned good fullback. McNabb is a pretty fair QUARTERBACK...PERIOD!. Warren Moon was an OUTSTANDING QB...PERIOD! So was John Unitas, Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton...see my point? ONLY THE MEDIA feels it necessary to point out that McNabb is Black; as are Culpepper, McNair, Leftwich...but WHO CARES? Are they good? Yes. Great? Time will tell.
Ray Lucas stunk for Miami last year. He's black. He didn't stink BECAUSE he was Black. He stunk because he stunk...PERIOD!!!

RUDEbyallMEANS
10-01-2003, 07:24 PM
Rush Limbaugh goes on to say that the NFL is desperately trying to make an African-American QB shine yet a black QB is already the best QB in the NFL..

Steve McNair

Rush Limbaugh is an idiot...

helmetguy
10-01-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Rush Limbaugh is an idiot...

No arguement there!