PDA

View Full Version : What is the REAL scoop on Marques Sullivan?

Michael82
10-01-2003, 02:59 PM
I emailed this question to Howard Simon on WNSA and he didn't seem to have an answer, and I don't either. I was wondering what you guys thought.

I was wondering what you have heard about Marques Sullivan. We were told that Mike Pucillo is better at pass blocking, yet he has been burned badly so far. We were also told that Pucillo beat out Sullivan at camp. What camp did he see? I was at camp all the time and I saw nothing out of Mike Pucillo and if anything, Sullivan was better. I feel that Marques Sullivan will make a big difference on the running game and wonder when Gregg Williams will finally tell us the real reason why he lost his spot and even worse, why is he getting inactive each week?

- Howard said that Williams continues to say Pucillo is a better pass blocker than Sullivan and also is a better run blocker. He also said that if Gregg Williams was going to make an OL change, he would not announce it and apparently, the media isn't even allowed to watch the 11 on 11 drills anymore. So, no one really knows for sure why Sullivan is in Gregg's doghouse.

superbills
10-01-2003, 03:05 PM
This is really getting on my nerves since I was nervous about hte appointment of Pucillo in the first place and, now, those fears seem to be realized. The fact that Williams won't offer more than the stardard shmooze about Pucillo being a better pass defender makes me thimk there's some personal grudge, like Marques made fun of Greg's man-boobs or something. Seriously, I can't think of any other reason not to make a change at a postion that has stymied our offensive production so badly, other than some personal pissing match. If that's the case, Greg is a bigger baby (and is more inept) than I thought, if that's possible.

Michael82
10-01-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by superbills
This is really getting on my nerves since I was nervous about hte appointment of Pucillo in the first place and, now, those fears seem to be realized. The fact that Williams won't offer more than the stardard shmooze about Pucillo being a better pass defender makes me thimk there's some personal grudge, like Marques made fun of Greg's man-boobs or something. Seriously, I can't think of any other reason not to make a change at a postion that has stymied our offensive production so badly, other than some personal pissing match. If that's the case, Greg is a bigger baby (and is more inept) than I thought, if that's possible.

Exactly! That is just what I was thinking. Did you watch Mike Pucillo help Corey Simon sack Bledsoe last week? It was terrible and then a few times, Pucillo was bowled right over.

NC-BILLS44
10-01-2003, 03:29 PM
I remember one day at camp, Sullivan was getting and ear full for the OL coach (Ruehl?). Sullivan screwed up and they put Pucillo in. Then, Sullivan got back in and screwed up again. This time he had to do push ups and didn't get back into the drill.

The_Philster
10-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Williams continues to say Pucillo is a better pass blocker than Sullivan and also is a better run blocker. He also said that if Gregg Williams was going to make an OL change, he would not announce it and apparently, the media isn't even allowed to watch the 11 on 11 drills anymore. So, no one really knows for sure why Sullivan is in Gregg's doghouse.

I want whatever Williams is smoking. When your RG helps the DT sack your QB, it means he SUCKS!!!

Earthquake Enyart
Wait Mike, here's Howard Simon's answer:

:bigmike:

superbills
Originally posted by Mike32282

Exactly! That is just what I was thinking. Did you watch Mike Pucillo help Corey Simon sack Bledsoe last week? It was terrible and then a few times, Pucillo was bowled right over.

No doubt. We've got Big Mike pancaking everything in sight and then there's Pucillo who just seems to want to be a pancake. If I were Drew, I would be worrying less about being sacked and more about fat-ass Pucillo falling on me.

RedEyE
10-01-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
I remember one day at camp, Sullivan was getting and ear full for the OL coach (Ruehl?). Sullivan screwed up and they put Pucillo in. Then, Sullivan got back in and screwed up again. This time he had to do push ups and didn't get back into the drill.

Seems like a good enough reason to bench someone.

Also, when Ruehl came in he was bound to change something regardless of the outcome. It would take too much pride for a coach to come in and say the previous system was working just fine, let's not change a thing. He has hi own beliefs and his own system. The only problem is that neither are an upgrade from last year.

socalfan
10-02-2003, 12:44 AM
Here's a question....Have the Bills ever discussed substance abuse issues of players?....for example, Rodney Wright was arrested for drunk driving recently and then waived by the team. He is currently in rehab. So that means that he had to be abusing alcohol for a while now, even when he was on the practice squad.

I'm not saying Sullivan was, is or will be. I'm just asking what the Bills have done in the past.

kardshark19
10-02-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

LMAO! :lol:

JJamezz
10-02-2003, 01:16 AM
I've heard either Felser and/or Bills 'beat' reporter (whose name escapes me right now..) talk about how Sullivan just doesn't seem to have ANY enthusiasm for the game. When he lost his starting job, they mentioned it was as if it didn't bother him in the least and that the guy just doesn't seem to have any 'fire'.. Whether or not thats why he's not starting, I don't know, but it seems as good a reason as anything else.

SABURZFAN
10-02-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

:chuckle:

you just won't let up on Mike,will you EE?

HenryRules
10-02-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by JJamezz
I've heard either Felser and/or Bills 'beat' reporter (whose name escapes me right now..) talk about how Sullivan just doesn't seem to have ANY enthusiasm for the game. When he lost his starting job, they mentioned it was as if it didn't bother him in the least and that the guy just doesn't seem to have any 'fire'.. Whether or not thats why he's not starting, I don't know, but it seems as good a reason as anything else.

I think this could be a large part of the reason ... Pucillo isn't performing as well as Sullivan did last year, but who's to say that Sullivan would have performed that well this year.

We always heard out Pucillo worked so hard this offseason - hardly a mention of Sullivan.

Perhaps Sullivan regressed (he wouldn't be the first flash in the pan)?

clumping platelets
10-02-2003, 08:24 AM
This is Pucillo's first year playing, he's bound to make mistakes until he learns. :shakeno:

NC-BILLS44
10-02-2003, 10:13 AM
I hate that he learns at Drew's expense.

Michael82
10-02-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
I hate that he learns at Drew's expense.

Me too! Especially when he is helping to sack Drew Bledsoe and also falls down for someone to come after Bledsoe. :eek: