X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDFINFAN
    • Jun 2003

Are you guys kiddin me?

I just saw this on the phins board and couldn't believe it. You are 2-2 people, not 0-4, you're competitive in every game and have a chance in every game. I don't believe this. This team has a lot of new starters and they're trying to jell and learn a new system for a lot of them for the first time..I can't believe someone put this up.

Fire Gregg Williams

This is just wrong and crazy, just like the one for Wanny was.

on these types of fareweather fans.

Reach for the stars
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Should I be worried? I have agreed too many times with Fin fans this week.

I can't fathom the mental malfunctions that cause some people to over-react like this.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Come on guys. We need a fin fan to get us back on track? What is going on here? We lost to 2 good teams. We will win this week!

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

Re: Are you guys kiddin me?

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
        I just saw this on the phins board and couldn't believe it. You are 2-2 people, not 0-4, you're competitive in every game and have a chance in every game. I don't believe this. This team has a lot of new starters and they're trying to jell and learn a new system for a lot of them for the first time..I can't believe someone put this up.

Fire Gregg Williams

This is just wrong and crazy, just like the one for Wanny was.

Unbelievable A VOICE OF REASON AND FROM A FINFAN.

there are a lot of people that need to listen to this man before you blow a gasket!!!

THANK YOU MDFINFAN!!! This Buds for you!!!
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
          ..I can't believe someone put this up.

Originally posted by billsfanone
          Should I be worried? I have agreed too many times with Fin fans this week.

I can't fathom the mental malfunctions that cause some people to over-react like this.

Sorry guys but you're wrong. Believing this team would be better without Greg Willaims does not make you a fairweather fan or having mental malfuncitons. Give me a break with the holier than thou attitude!

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Fairway to Green
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• MDFINFAN
              • Jun 2003

I come to this board because I have a lot of respect for the fans here, but this is madding, I liked it better when you guys talked smacked. Can't believe some of you have given up like this. I'm still a fan of AFCE teams and believe we have the best division in football, I was disappointed this weekend with all our teams losing to the NFCE, but I still think we're better, each team had issues, but philly had two weeks to prepare for you, after an emotional lost at Miami. I said the only way they beat you is an emotional one. You guys were flat, like we were against the Texans, and that caused problems, but also the running game has to come around, can't ignore that. But even with that, you were still in the game against a good team that took 2 weeks to prepare for you and only you. Look at it. GW doesn't execute plays on the field, players do...I say this to fareweather miami fans who were calling for Wanny's hide. Why didn't that letter to Wilson include some of the players not doing their jobs? I want to win the division as a miami fan, but we all picked Buffalo as the team that scare us the most. So far I see nothing that's changed. You're still the team that has the upside to win this division. If your team gets on roll, those fareweather fans had better temper their comments, for they will be reminded of this post. Especially when miami comes to town, all petitioners will be ignored and commented on.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• R. Rich
                • Apr 2003

For me, the jury's still out on Gregg. As far as the new players needing to jell and all that, I'm not sure that's a valid argument here. If it were a case of "he went right when I thought he was going left" or "I thought you had so-and-so on that play", then I might agree. What we're seeing are breakdowns in the FUNDAMENTALS!!!!! Poor blocking (getting blown off the ball and manhandled), stupid penalties (you don't know the snap count? That's pee wee football stuff, folks), the inability to hang on to a ball thrown your way (something they should know how to do before getting to the pros). The reason I'm not yet in the "fire Gregg" camp is that a lot of this is the responsibility of the players. We saw some of this stuff before Gregg even got here (Ruben "Holden Falstart" Brown has been good for a boneheaded penalty nearly every game since he came into the league). How many coaches would have to get bounced before we start holding (no pun intended) players accountable for some of this stuff?

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Two things.
                  If we were fairweather fans or giving up, we wouldn't be here. No one's given up. I for one will be at the Ralph on Sunday screaming my lungs out as I do every Sunday. But if the coach can't motivate the team to give its all, he's NOT DOING HIS JOB!!
                  As far as the players, there are certain players who we would love to see on a plane out of town...maybe even to Miami
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                    • Jun 2003

Exactly Rich, some of that cause you problems before GW got here. Remember GW was thinking of finning people for it. But the NFLPA won't allow it. So it's not like your coach isn't aware, the only other thing to do is fire the person, but who would be the replacement? Someone less talented than the person starting right now, I gurantee you. And if he did waived a talented players, this place would really go wild. What's a coach to do?

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Miami_Vice
                      • Aug 2003

BWHAHAHAHA this is classic. A fin fan trying to cheer up a bunch of depressed Bills fans.

"There, there, everything is going to be okay"
                      "we didnt kick your ass that bad" BWHAHAHA

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        Two things.
                        If we were fairweather fans or giving up, we wouldn't be here. No one's given up. I for one will be at the Ralph on Sunday screaming my lungs out as I do every Sunday. But if the coach can't motivate the team to give its all, he's NOT DOING HIS JOB!!
                        As far as the players, there are certain players who we would love to see on a plane out of town...maybe even to Miami
                        Philster, are you here to give your support to the team or to place fire GW ads?

The coach can say the right words, push the right buttons, but a player also has to want to be motivated, he has to want to dig deep and give it his all, look at Spikes, he doesn't need to be motivated, he just needs a game to be played. But execution is what football is about, played on emotions, spinkled in with talent. The bills have al that, and will be back on a roll shortly, then how will you justify your two game 9wanting the coach fired)? I sweetened up my words here..I was going to say "how will you justify>>>>>>>. But as I said I respect you guys as fans. Fareweathered is the harshest I can get with you guys..

Reach for the stars

Comment

• timfromjersey
                          • Jul 2002

I, for one, would never, could never, should never care what a Miami dipfin fan would have to say, neither positive or negative. Neither would I ever run to his board to post, whether postive or negative. The only time I would respond to one, is if he audaciously posts some of his customarily impertinent wrongness on this site and only in the fashion of rightious indignation to smite down his wrongness and trample it beneath the feet on one of the most noblest of all NFL epicurean patrons, -- A Bills fan.

Now as far as firing GW or where he is taking this team, I only have two words. Tony Dungy (Look what he's done and compare to GW. Nuff said!)

Comment

• helmetguy
                            Touch the helmet for luck
                            • Sep 2002

MD...I assume you are employed and, as such, have responsibilities to fulfill in order to remain employed. Correct? If you were unable to fulfill those responsibilities, or too inexperienced to fulfill them, how long do you think your employer would continue to employ you?
                            Let's take this a step further. Let's say your employer saw to it to provide you with some of the better equipment available to facilitate better production from you. Let's say that, in spite of having the higher quality equipment, better training, and better support staff, you continue to underperform, or at least not live up to the expectations of your employer. How long would it be before you fellow employees and the consumers of your product become dissatisfied? This is the same analogy as in the case of Gregg Williams.
                            A very brash Gregg Williams arrived in Buffalo assuring a disciplined, well coached, efficient and effective football team. Granted, he didn't have a tremendous lot to work with in his first year, but that has since dramatically changed. He may recognize the deficiencies, but has shown no indication that he is able to correct them. What we DO know is that he recognizes the "need to get better..." The question is..."WHEN?" Those of us who are calling for a change now are the very same ones who have voiced our displeasure many times in the past; LONG before the current tailspin. I respect your input. However, your advice to us who attend the games and (pay for the product on the field) is beginning to sound like hypocritical condescention.
                            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• gunzlingr
                              • Jul 2002

Circle the Wagons Bills fans!!!
                              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
                              X