PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't any of you talking about this?

Michael82
10-01-2003, 04:04 PM
I keep hearing that the Bills are 1 of 6 teams that are bidding for TE Byron Chamberlain on WNSA. What do you think of this? Do they want him for a receiver or as another Tight End? What would this do to Dave Moore and/or Mark Campbell if they get him. :feedback:

Here's the link.... http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/6901677.htm

http://www.startribune.com/stonline/images/news34/21vike0909.l.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1496

Earthquake Enyart
10-01-2003, 04:06 PM
Byron Chamberlin is a :bigmike: No way TD will sign him and waste the :$:

The_Philster
10-01-2003, 04:13 PM
We've already got 2 starters at TE. Why would we pay a high price for a third TE?

ArcticWildMan
10-01-2003, 04:15 PM
TE isn't an issue with our team. We need a new RG and possibly a new Center.

Bmax
10-01-2003, 04:28 PM
I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN A FORMER PRO BOWLER .. If he loses some weight ..269 WOW WHAT A LOAD....

He might be a good 3 te till he gets in shape....Neufeld say bye bye buddy....

Bmax
10-01-2003, 04:43 PM
Chamberlin stats over his career.... 163 receptions for 2019 yds for 12.4 avg only 6tds... Get this guy in shape he gives us a te that can stretch the middle unlike campbell and moore...

campbell stats-58 -491 yards for 8.5 avg and 4 td's

Moore-197-1929 for 9.8 avg 27td's - good around the goal line..

Chamberlin would help us the guy can play he proved it in denver sign him for vet min......

Why do you think the guy was taking ephedra .. he was trying to drop some weight......

bmax

helmetguy
10-01-2003, 05:49 PM
It might be helpful if he is a devistating blocker. Otherwise, I don't really see where he'd be much of a help.

TigerJ
10-01-2003, 07:51 PM
The article says when he was released he weighed 250 lbs. He was only 2 lbs over the Vikings' target weight for him. That said, if I were TD and only had a little cap room to work with, there are other positions I would address before I looked at TE. Now if TD can cut some dead wood off the roster to clear some cap room I might be interested.

The_Philster
10-01-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
It might be helpful if he is a devistating blocker. Otherwise, I don't really see where he'd be much of a help.

Think he can bulk back up...play RG?

BuffaloRanger
10-02-2003, 01:00 AM
He might have been close to their target weight but still very out of shape. Why bother?

clumping platelets
10-02-2003, 06:01 AM
It would be nice to address concerns on the OL, but there is nothing our there. That is, unless some team chose to trade a player. Chamberlain could be a good pickup and give us the receiving threat the TE position lacks. Of course, his conditioning is in question, but if he can contribute in the second half, I'm all for it.

BTW: Bills have the cap space to add him and can EASILY create cap space if they are able to reach an agreement with Winfield. This "creation" of cap space would NOT adversely affect the future cap years :)

lordofgun
10-02-2003, 08:23 AM
Chamberlain is a very good receiver and a huge target who can move. Sign him!

clumping platelets
10-02-2003, 08:25 AM
I luv LOG

justasportsfan
10-02-2003, 08:28 AM

Block for who? Our rb? :laughter:

lordofgun
10-02-2003, 08:35 AM

I disagree. If the other TEs we have can't block, why are they even on the team? It's certainly not for their amazing receiving skills and flashing speed. :D

Turf
10-02-2003, 08:53 AM
The amazing thing is that supposedly we got two more run oriented tight ends this year and an offensive line to emphasize the running game. Now if we bring this guy in, we're setting ourself up to run the ball again.
One small problem though............we have a coaching staff that won't commit to running the ball, so why bother.

helmetguy
10-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Think he can bulk back up...play RG?

You mean the Jamie Nails Diet?

lordofgun
10-02-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
The amazing thing is that supposedly we got two more run oriented tight ends this year and an offensive line to emphasize the running game. Now if we bring this guy in, we're setting ourself up to run the ball again.
One small problem though............we have a coaching staff that won't commit to running the ball, so why bother.

Chamberlain is hardly a great blocking TE. He'd be almost exclusively for receiving duties.

ryven
10-02-2003, 11:27 AM
we need OL help more but the bad thing is I cant find any free agent OL.