PDA

View Full Version : It's almost scary to say it

BillsFever
10-01-2003, 06:54 PM
All anybody wants to talk about right now is firing everybody. Even the Dolphin fans have been smart enough to realize this isn't the best course of action.

If any coach who has lost 2 games in a row got fired then there wouldn't be any coaches left.

I guess the Raiders coach should've been fired after losing 4 STRAIGHT GAMES last season. That same team then went to the Super Bowl.

Bill Belichek should've been fired after he started 1-3 a couple years ago. That same year the Patriots won the Super Bowl.

helmetguy
10-01-2003, 07:07 PM
The point is, GW is just as inept as he was last year, with better talent. The finfans only seem more rational this week because they had a bye. That "voice of reason" they've been presenting is nothing more than gloating and veiled condescention. Wait until the "December Swoon." That tune will change!

TigerJ
10-01-2003, 07:21 PM
I'm always rational. Coaching changes are post season decisions. I agree that GW is vulnerable in January if the season continues in the same vein as the first quarter. I might speculate about who might make a good head coach, but it's always with the understanding that nothing is going to happen right away.

helmetguy
10-01-2003, 07:25 PM
If an in-season change is to be made in this case, the likely candidate should be LeBeau. Promoting from within would be considerably less disruptive to the team's psyche than going outside the organization. It's possible that LeBeau was brought in just for this possible scenario.

Disgustipatex
10-01-2003, 07:37 PM
I love the fact that already this season the Bills success rests on some mythical, magical Dolphins "swoon" that hasnt happened forever, yet seemingly will(Or at least Bills fans hope it will).

You guys better pray it happens.

helmetguy
10-01-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Disgustipatex
I love the fact that already this season the Bills success rests on some mythical, magical Dolphins "swoon" that hasnt happened forever, yet seemingly will(Or at least Bills fans hope it will).

You guys better pray it happens.

Still basking in the glow, I see.

The "swoon" certainly is no myth. In addition, the Bills fortunes don't rest in counting on the swoon to return. Those fortunes rest in getting our own house in order.

The_Philster
10-01-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Still basking in the glow, I see.

The "swoon" certainly is no myth. In addition, the Bills fortunes don't rest in counting on the swoon to return. Those fortunes rest in getting our own house in order.

The swoon is just enjoyable to watch. :D

Ð
10-01-2003, 09:05 PM
Isn't that a song ?

Swoon over Miami
Shine on my love and me
So we can stroll beside the roll
Of the rolling sea

Swoon over Miami
Shine on as we begin
A dream or two that may come true
When the tide comes in

Hark to the song of the smiling troubadours
Hark to the throbbing guitars
Hear how the waves offer thunderous applause
After each song to the stars

Swoon over Miami
You know we're waiting for
A little love, a little kiss
On Miami shore

MDFINFAN
10-01-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
The point is, GW is just as inept as he was last year, with better talent. The finfans only seem more rational this week because they had a bye. That "voice of reason" they've been presenting is nothing more than gloating and veiled condescention. Wait until the "December Swoon." That tune will change!

That's not true, when we lost the last two last year, I was pissed, but not at Wanny, I was pissed at our D who was #3 in the NFL and #1 in the AFC. Woopee, when the game rested on them, they flopped..so I put the blame square on the people who plays. They screwed the pooch. I know the coaches worked hard to put in a good game plan and it was working until the players started blowing assignments..plus we were up by 11 in the NE game..our punter shanks a punt, our fg kicker missed a kick that's routine for him, and then kicks out of bounds on the ot kickoff and then we get pass interference. Plus Jay miss a wide open Mcknight on a post that would have sealed the game. How could I blame Wanny?

socalfan
10-02-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
How could I blame Wanny?

Because Wanny couldn't make them believe that they wouldn't swoon.

helmetguy
10-02-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
That's not true, when we lost the last two last year, I was pissed, but not at Wanny, I was pissed at our D who was #3 in the NFL and #1 in the AFC. Woopee, when the game rested on them, they flopped..so I put the blame square on the people who plays. They screwed the pooch. I know the coaches worked hard to put in a good game plan and it was working until the players started blowing assignments..plus we were up by 11 in the NE game..our punter shanks a punt, our fg kicker missed a kick that's routine for him, and then kicks out of bounds on the ot kickoff and then we get pass interference. Plus Jay miss a wide open Mcknight on a post that would have sealed the game. How could I blame Wanny?

And all that answers the post you reproduced how?