PDA

View Full Version : Clayton's salary cap update for all teams

clumping platelets
10-02-2003, 08:43 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1510617

$2.48 million

This number goes down $21,750 each week for a full practice squad. There plenty of cap space to add a player like TE Chamberlain, who the Bills are rumored to be interested in. There is also enough cap space to sign Winfield to an extension.

Winfield already counts $1.729 million vs 2003 cap. Any extension will only amortized bonus. TD could easily work out a deal that only increases his cap number by $500,000 or $1 million and still have the cap space for injury protection.

:cheers:

justasportsfan
10-02-2003, 08:51 AM
I wonder if Sam Adams' incentive contract is affecting our cap. Other than the first game, he really isn't performing like a probowler.

helmetguy
10-02-2003, 08:52 AM
Another stellar job, Chump...CLUMP!!!...I meant CLUMP! Honest!

G. Host
10-02-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I wonder if Sam Adams' incentive contract is affecting our cap. Other than the first game, he really isn't performing like a probowler.

I wonder if getting TDs is an incentive in Sam's contract.

clumping platelets
10-02-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by G. Host

I wonder if getting TDs is an incentive in Sam's contract.

If he does, it's NLTBE and would count on the 2004 cap

HenryRules
10-02-2003, 11:00 AM
How late can we use this year's cap space to sign people to an extension?

Specifically, can we wait until the end of the season, extend someone, and then have this year count as one of the year's the SB is ammortized over?

clumping platelets
10-02-2003, 11:18 AM
The deadline is early November.

mchurchfie
10-02-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

If his performance affects our cap then we should have enough capspace to sign 4 ProBowlers by the end of the year.:D

mchurchfie
10-02-2003, 11:29 AM
Good job as always Clumpy!:up:

clumping platelets
10-02-2003, 11:54 AM
I posted the same link at FH and I've been viciously attack :rolleyes:

mchurchfie
10-02-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets

Since they beat us they have a newfound swagger in their step and are releasing a lot of pentup emotions and anger over having to eat crow for the last year. :snicker:

helmetguy
10-02-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets

What are they bustin' your balls about? That they are so precariously close to the cap? I'd love to go over there and see for myself...but I'm banned from there, ya know?

Sabre Ally
10-02-2003, 09:03 PM
I was just there. Now I gotta go look.

helmetguy
10-02-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
I was just there. Now I gotta go look.

Bring back the goods, kiddo!

Sabre Ally
10-02-2003, 09:06 PM
Hey Clump.......nice sig over there.

Sabre Ally
10-02-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy

Bring back the goods, kiddo!

Not much to bring back. They're all just falling over themselves to accuse him of posting the cap stats in order to make fun of the Phins...same ole same ole.

Sabre Ally
10-02-2003, 09:09 PM
Like this one, for example:

originally posted by Phinstd at FinHeaven It's about time people got on Clump for doing this. He VERY clearly to me is shooting thinly veiled arrows at the Phins and ALWAYS points out negative news on the Phins and then hides behind it as if he's just trying to "report" news to us.

Look Clump, you don't work as a capologist, nor for a sports team. You are a fan of a rival team, plain and simple. I'm gald people are calling you out like this.

It's about time we stopped letting rival fans be among us and shoot things like this and laugh about it without some kind of retribution.

See it or not, he is trying to poke fun at us.

BTW.....waht kinda name is PhinSTD? :snicker:

helmetguy
10-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally

BTW.....waht kinda name is PhinSTD? :snicker:

I dunno, but I hope it isn't resistant to penicillin!