• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STAMPY
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Sep 2003

Whose better?

Andre Reed in his prime or Eric Moulds who is IMO in his prime?
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

I'm leaning towards Reed. Of course, he was part of a higher powered offense.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Sep 2003

true... but this offense was pretty powerful last year when we ran and passed a lot. i think moulds has the strength and size... but reed had a fire in him. he had like an under dog mantality. not saying moulds doesn't have passion... but i give reed the edge rite now but moulds can change all that its in his own hands... i think reed was a better leader too tho... again i am a big emoulds guy

Comment

• HenryRules
        • Jul 2002

I think Reed ... Moulds seems to require a solid QB to take over a game ... IMO, even at the end of his career, Reed would take over a game with a diminishing Jim Kelly.

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

Moulds is...he's the most gifted of the two and has put up big numbers consistently despite being at the mercy of some pretty bad QBs and offensive systems. He also wasn't given a chance to be a starter until I think, his third year whereas Reed started as a rookie. Reed was the benficary of one of the most prolific offenses ever in the NFL. He had a Hall of Fame QB throwing to him most of his career and played with big play hall of famers in James Loften and Thurman Thomas. Most of his catches were run after the catch in the slot whereas Moulds is more of a bigplay down the filed type of receiver. Reed was great but Moulds will be the best of the two by the time his career winds down IMO.
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

Moulds any day of the week! Bigger, stronger, faster. And Andre Reed a better leader? Andre Reed was a selfish punk. Good player, but he is still a punk.
            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• mchurchfie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
              think reed was a better leader too tho... again i am a big emoulds guy
              I have a HUGE amount of respect for Reed but the only way he might have been a good leader was by example. He was not a good interview and carried a bit of a chip on his shoulder.
              My Band
              daveviterna.com

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

:dunno: Different circumstances perhaps.

Although...I'm of the ancient mindset; if Freddie Biletnikoff played in today's era of no-bump-and-run and the current philosophy of "He breathed on me! He breathed on me! Flag! Flag!, he'd snag 200.
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy
                  :dunno: Different circumstances perhaps.

Although...I'm of the ancient mindset; if Freddie Biletnikoff played in today's era of no-bump-and-run and the current philosophy of "He breathed on me! He breathed on me! Flag! Flag!, he'd snag 200.
                  Reed's and Mould's careers aren't that far apart where I think this is much of a factor. Things where back then pretty much as they are now.
                  My Band
                  daveviterna.com

Comment

• helmetguy
                    Touch the helmet for luck
                    • Sep 2002

I'd still go with Reed. Moulds may have more innate ability. But Reed exceeded anyone's expectations, considering he came to the pros out of Division II.
                    Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                    And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• mchurchfie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy
                      I'd still go with Reed. Moulds may have more innate ability. But Reed exceeded anyone's expectations, considering he came to the pros out of Division II.
                      Just because he exceeded expectations doesn't mean he was better...get off the crackpipe.D Whatup helmetguy!
                      My Band
                      daveviterna.com

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by helmetguy
                        helmetman i agree with you... it simply proved the critics wrong... and it does speak about heart and passion which is something you don't see in many of todays players... Another guy i always like was Doug Flutie... he had a lot of heart. I kno many hate him here. but i loved seeing him play. I rather have drew but he was a playmaker IMO... Anyone ever seen the BOSTON COLLEGE MIRACLE HAIL MARY GAME WINNER!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Look who Moulds played w/ in his prime? Rob, Doug, and Drew who doesn't have a system. Reed was a product of a very good offensive system. I doubt he would done as well as Moulds when Flutie was the qb. Flutie made his living throwing the ball up in the air and wait for Moulds to make a play.

Put Moulds in the shoes of Reed during the Kelly era. I'd have to say Moulds.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Sep 2003

moulds had peerless with him on other side... bledsoe who had lots lots of yards, tds, and a 1400 yard rusher in henry last year... thats a hell of a unit IMO

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Sep 2003

defensively thats a different question... we sucked last year

Comment

Working...
                              X