PDA

View Full Version : What's the key to our season?

WG
07-21-2002, 10:13 AM
What will be the largest single contributing factor to the team's success this season?

ArcticWildMan
07-21-2002, 10:31 AM
OL play. Can't establish the run or have a productive passing game if they stink it up.

DraftBoy
07-21-2002, 11:56 AM
Overall play of DL, teams ran through it all season long if it gets together we will be solid.

Captain gameboy
07-21-2002, 01:21 PM
This year, as last, offensive line is critical. Allows us to control the clock and score points. Both of these factors would force opposing offenses into predictable situations.
Also allows us to take advantage of an above average group of skill position players, and the significant talents of a real quarterback. Offensive line play impacts more aspects of the game than any of the other choices, IMV. Hopefully, Gilbride's personnel choices and play calling will show us early on in the regular season where we stand.

Butch
07-21-2002, 02:21 PM
The play of our OL in general. If they are playing well, we will have our running game and Drew will have time to throw the ball and put points on the board. I choose this over our ability to stop the run or our play of the DL because teams have won SBs in the past with a great offense but only an ok defense, look at the late Bronco teams. The 1997 Bronco team that won the SB was 16th in the NFL in rush defense and the 1998 team was 28th in passing defense.

Having a good OL will also allow our offense to control the clock, keep our defense rested and off the field more.

BillsMan80
07-21-2002, 02:31 PM
DL Play.

John Doe
07-21-2002, 07:36 PM
Winning more games.

Sabre Ally
07-21-2002, 10:10 PM
Ok, I'm new here and I haven't watched the Bills. BUT, hey, I do come from Nebraska, and I know how important the OL is. Without a good OL, the QB has no time to make the plays. So, that's my vote.

LOL@John Doe

#1 Bills Fan
07-22-2002, 02:26 AM
Where is all of the above?

SABURZFAN
07-22-2002, 05:35 AM
improvement from our coaching staff.there were a lot of rookie mistakes from Gee Dubya.

Ebenezer
07-22-2002, 07:46 AM
Drew better still have an arm and the DL is very suspect.

angneli
07-22-2002, 09:35 AM
Drew is the key. He needs to move the ball and produce some points.

The Shadow
07-22-2002, 09:41 AM
OL play. If they gel quickly then the Bills should have a good running game,and that will keep you competitive almost every time. Further if they give Bledsoe plenty of time to throw...watch out!

John from Hemet
07-22-2002, 04:50 PM
It is good to see that we bills fans have such a great grasp of our team (unlike some of our fellow AFC East teams fans)

The offensive line is easily the area that must be solid for us...because it effects EVERY OTHER aspect of the team, offensive weapons, play selection, field position, kicking, punting, defense, defensive calls..

The are all governed by it

Offensive weaponry? Because if you have a line that can pick up blitzes...it forces teams to stop trying to do it. if they play conservative and the line can keep moving the line of scrimmage the other direction...that effects play calls to....it forces teams to gamble...and that is what creates big plays and unfair matchups in your favor.....

Field position? Kicking....it is much easier to defense a long field then a short one...it is much easier to make a kick from the 20 yard line then the 40......

Defense....when you can count on your offense to move the chains and score points...you dont have to play so conservatively.....or so sparingly...it opens up a whole playbook....when your offense is floundering...you are playing right into your opponents hands....

The offensive line will be the biggest difference of this year....people will rant and rave about Travis Henry and his great season...people will ooh and ahh over Moulds and Price both going over 1000 yards...people will think we have the best TE's in the game with all the touchdown grabs they are going to get....and people will think the bills defense has reemerged because they are so dominant...when all along with was those big beefy, over 300 pounders paving the way......

GOD BLESS OUR BILLS